Psalm 150 for feast of the Cross

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear all,
I was looking for Psalm 150 in the tune for feast of the Cross, or Palm Sunday tune. Would you help me please?
God bless you and pray for us a lot

Comments

• Dear Tishori,
    Thanks for your help. That is not what I meant actually. I am looking for the long tune of Alleluia starting the Psalm 150, and not the short one, or the medium (mo7ayer).
  • oo alright lol i was actualy in school when i sent you that post and i didnt get a chance to listen to it myself sorry about that ill keep looking:)
  • Dear minagir,
    That is very interesting. So you want to tell me that you use the festive tune of the psalm for the long and medium ways singing the verses? Well, I thought for the medium, one will use the medium (mo7ayer) of the Sharat Sha3anini, instead of the festive? Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Dear ophadece and all,

There in fact is a major introduction to Psalm 150 in the shaa'nini tune, and it's borrowed from the shaa'nini sherat. It's the same system that was applied to the festive sherat and the festive intro to psalm 150.

Sha'anini is festive in the sense that you pray joyfully, but the doxology's tune, and therefore also the gospel response and psalm 150 are to be prayed in the Hosanna tune.

-matt-
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5790.msg77559#msg77559 date=1190883373]
    Dear minagir,
    That is very interesting. So you want to tell me that you use the festive tune of the psalm for the long and medium ways singing the verses? Well, I thought for the medium, one will use the medium (mo7ayer) of the Sharat Sha3anini, instead of the festive? Please correct me if I am wrong.

it goes back to what Hos Erof said, and the fact that the rite of the day are shan'nin festive. not only sha'nin, not only festive.