why are parents so over protective?

13»

Comments

• With all respect, you guys are mislead in a way of thinking that your parents are against you. The truth is, your parents aren't perfect. They are still learning things in their lives, as they grow and mature more than they have already grown and matured in their past. But, just like your parents allow you to grow and learn, why don't you let them also learn as their relationship with you progresses? Forgive them their mistakes, as they forgive you. As you grow older, you'll find that your parents will allow you to do things that were not alowed for you to do before. As hard as some of you may believe, a lot of people, when they get "freedom," they take advantage of that and eventually, they go astray from God, their family and their morals.
    The last point that I want to make is that God commanded us to obey our parents. Now, whether they are "close-minded" or not, you still have to obey them and not rebel. A saint that I heard of, OM ELGHALABA, was forced by her father to eat meat and break her fast in the middle of the fasting day. Although he mistreated her and hurt her, she obeyed him and never rebelled against him. Instead, she prayed to God to forgive him, and open his eyes. Likewise, if you feel that your parents are "over-protective", or "close-minded," pray to God to open their minds and to help you to not take advantage of the freedom that they give you or advantage of their trust. But whatever you do, don't compare your parents with any other parents because it hurts them, believe it or not, and it makes them feel that you don't appreciate them.
    They have more knowledge and experience. Because if they didn't, God would not have given them the blessing of parenthood. And when you grow older, you'll realize that if it wasn't for them telling you not to do things, you would have done those things. Don't fool yourselves or listen to Satan who tells you that you won't take advantage of their trust because you will, either intentionally, or unintentionally.

"Honour your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12

What you do to your parents, will be done to YOU
    +God Bless You +
  • Most parents are overprotective because they love their children.They would do anything to keep their loved ones safe and sheltered from pain and sorrow.Since they are older and have more experience they usually have a better understanding of the world and just how cruel and hard life can be.When we're younger we tend to look at life with rose-colored glasses,not seeing the darkness and decay that lurks below the surface;the dark shadows that can so easily blot out the sunshine of our optimistic youthful expections and desires.When were in our teenage years we always think we know more than our parents but as we advance in years,we begin to mellow and realize that we dont know as much about life as we boastfully claimed, and in fact our parents actually were wiser than we thought...lol...This is the ever eternal{or until Jesus comes}malaise faced by youths of all cultures and times.

Remember this my friends....we wont always have our parents or grandparents;there will come a time when they are parted from us....death comes for us all;
    and the sorrow of parting will be very great.Let us love and appreciate our parents while we still have them with us.Let us honor them,showing respect at all times and when we disagree with them let us always love them,having thankfulness in our hearts for all that the've done for us.By so doing we will not only honor them and show our appreciation but more importantly we shall be honoring the eternal God,our beloved Father,and we shall be most pleasing in His sight.

Be grateful for the time you have with your parents and family for there will come a time,even a time of weeping,when you would give almost anything to be able to speak to them,and hear their voices once again and to see the lovely countanance of their face,a smile or some other feature you so fondly remember.How many times I took for granted my parent and grandparent by not making time for them,thinking I would always have time in in the future to visit with them,to love them;and then when God took them to their eternal home,the sad realization creeping in upon me that I would never see them again in this life.Dont do as I did, but rather love and enjoy and respect and honor your parents and family with all of your heart.