When You Need A Boost

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone, I was just wondering, what do you do when you're not feeling well, you as in you personally? I know that we should pray when we're not feeling good, but sometimes we don't have enough energy or will to pray, or at least, that's the way it is with me.

Comments

• Lol, thanks Marmar. Out of curiosity, when you don't feel good, do you (as in everybody here) sometimes feel like you're the only one that gets you? I mean, sure, friends help and they talk to you and stuff, but sometimes, they just don't get it....... Sorry guys, maybe it's just me. :-\ :(
    But it's ok ;)
  • Yea I know what you mean LordHaveMercy. I'm one of those people who likes talking things out with myself. Then again though, that doesn't always work. It appears to me that I can't solve the hardest problems of my life. Some people think it's best to discuss it with your FoC, but I find it best when I just talk about it witho one of my close friends. They don't even have to give me advice. It's just nice sometimes to know that you have someone to listen to you when you need them. :)
  • LordHaveMercy
    Lol, thanks Marmar. Out of curiosity, when you don't feel good, do you (as in everybody here) sometimes feel like you're the only one that gets you? I mean, sure, friends help and they talk to you and stuff, but sometimes, they just don't get it....... Sorry guys, maybe it's just me.
    But it's ok

NotOfThisWorld
    Yea I know what you mean LordHaveMercy. I'm one of those people who likes talking things out with myself. Then again though, that doesn't always work. It appears to me that I can't solve the hardest problems of my life. Some people think it's best to discuss it with your FoC, but I find it best when I just talk about it witho one of my close friends. They don't even have to give me advice. It's just nice sometimes to know that you have someone to listen to you when you need them.

LordHaveMercy- yes i knoe what you mean.. when im really down i feel like im the only one who understands me...but like NotOfThisWorld said it doesnt always work.. and no.. i cant always discuss it with my FoC.. so yea i do go talkt o one of my closest frineds.. becausebeleive it or not sometimes they DO know you better than you think.. and it feels good to see youve got someone to talk to.. i know i didnt really help but jsut backing up some opinions..

Salam we maheba
  • I dunno- I don't really think my friends get me me-- Foc- ummmm no....

only a couple of myfriends get em i think.. (umm...like 1 actually lol...)

but yea.. i dont think my FoC does either....
  • Lol. Thank you guys so much! For a minute there, I thought I was the only one that felt like that. :-\ Cool, I'm so relieved, lol. :D Yeah, I know what you guys mean about your abounas, they're great and stuff, but sometimes it's like their answers aren't really relevant or something, I dunno how to say it...

Thanks again guys!!!(girls, lol) :D ;)
  • lol..yea.. i dont know.. abounas just seemt o live in another world.. but ewatever... glad to helpp
  • Yup I definetely know how that feels, in fact that's what I'm going through right now, but I'm not going to post it up because it has nothing to do with the forum, I just ask that you keep me in your prayers along with my friend, please.

sleepy
  • I hope everything works / worked out well.
    Lately, I haven't had any motivation to do anything, and the things that I do are routine and I force myself to do them, so it's not like I'm enjoying them. Like, all this homework and stuff, and I'm not complaining about it, I'm just using it as an example, but I do homework because I have to, not because I want to, do you know what I mean? Like, I've even slacked off in important areas, and it bothers me so much, and I'm so disshelved right now, but I'm so organized at the same time!! I know I'm not making any sense, but I need encouragement, and when I get it, it lasts for a while, then it wears out....
  • :o WoW LHM, thats exactly how i think sometimes....thats so weird. Sometimes i feel like i'm the only one that understand me and when i begin to understand me i start to feel lyk i dunno who "me" is. And when too much is going on i dont necessarliy give up....i just lose interest in everything I do...even if it comes to church (which is just an example). Whenever i start feeling lyk everything around me is just too much i tend to write. And to be honest i never know what i'm writing until i reread it and sometimes what i write has nothing to do with what i'm going thru now but sometimes what i write now is meant for another situation later on...kinda freaky, but i completely get what ur saying about the whole thing with friends. You think ur friends wont understand u so u just shut ur mouth, i do that a lot but everytime i'm wrong cuz my friend, one in particualr always figures me out right b4 i even know wuts wrong :-\. I think the best thing to do is just dont think about it at all. Dont even plan anything wut ur gonna do and how ur going to gain strength, dont even bother.... i mean u feel as though u wish u can throw all these emotions away but the thing is WE CAN and we never see that. Its hard yes but the only way to do it is to throw it on Christ. Theres no other way....for me anyways, i just dont worry, ever, i dont plan ahead...i acually freeze the time and say God u take the load and make me deal with it cuz i cant do it alone, and b4 i ever feel it everything is fixed. IT NEVER FEELS like everything will be ok... but i guess when push comes to shove we're designed to have faith that God will take care...so trust me....i feel u 150% cuz i'm the type that sorta keeps everyhting locked up, u kno? so i go thru this a lot....just lay back and give it to the guy upstairs....hes the only one that knows what hes doing and whats best....its hard not to worry but u gotta train urself to just live each day as it comes...with faith that it wont be so "routiny"and boring and the same with no purpose....but live it lyk ur starting new....if theres a will theres a way.... ;) GOOD LUCK with this problem...i hope u get the guidance and true everlasting confidence u need :-*

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • Thank you sooo sooo much Sylvia!! That was soo helpful!! That was amazing!! You completely, absolutely 100% understood me!! You've made my day soo much better, God Bless You!!
    That's just what I needed to hear, thank you soo much. And you're absolutely right, I should throw it all on Jesus, but lately, every time I want to pray or read the Bible, I always have something to do, or I'm too tired to, but you've really encouraged me, and I'm going to make sure that if I do nothing else today, I read the Bible.

Thanks again Sylvia!
  • :o awww, lolx...I'm so glad i helped, u just made my day....but really remember that its never me talking...its the guy upstairs ;), lolx....thank u so much....i feel happy ;D

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • Lol, anytime. :D :D