Do you share your faith w/ Muslims? If so, how?

2»

Comments

• They actually do call Him Messiah, but they are ignorant of what that means (in our view). Perhaps, they are not ignorant, and believe that Jesus is a messiah, not the Messiah, in which case they are just acknowledging that He is an "anointed one". It also may be that Muhammad was not aware of the significance of calling Jesus, Jesus Christ, but that sounds dubious since He had been well acquainted with heretical Christians, in which it is believed by some scholors to have influenced Muhammad's Qu'ran.

It can not be emphasized enough that any thing apart from Orthodoxy is pernicious.
  • I have tried to evangelize muslims.. But the ones I talk to are all online, and generally on islamic forums.. So there has been no luck. :(

I do debate religion a lot.. But one thing I have noticed, is that
    1. 75% of the topics are literally the same thing over and over
    2. No one will change their mind, no matter what

As for muhammad and the monk.. There was a heretical excommunicated monk by the name of bahria. There is a Christian account of him, as well as a muslim account. The Christian account is 3 times longer, and the muslim account came LATER then the Christian. So the Christian account can be trusted more. It is in syriac, and I wish I still had it on this computer.

The Christian account says that bahria talked to muhammad and told him to claim to be a prophet, and it had all kinds of details about it.

The muslims did not like that.. So they made up an account to try and rebut Christians.They basically said that muhammad met bahriah, and bahria told muhammad that he was going to be a prophet.
    ----> The muslim account is not true, and many muslims do not accept it, because it says that when muhammad met bahria, everything fell down and worshiped him. That goes against what the qu'ran says about worshiping others but "allah" so most do not accept this account.

I think muhammad is definetely a false prophet, and I do not have any respect for him. I will not even capitalize his name because of how horrible of a man he was. This man is definetely a false prophet who is trying to deceive us.

• Wow. Thanks for your invaluable insight. It is true- the untold faithful thousands who have been dissuaded from the truth, have been indoctrinated with blasphemy and have resisted the Holy Spirit on account of muhammad is testament to the craftiness of the enemies of God. The pernicious nature of Islam is seen when the idea of salvation, of a Trinitarian God, of a Resurrection and the inspiration of the Holy Bible has been distorted in such a way that trying to evangelize has been complicated to the point of futility.
    However, each time we sin, we share in his blasphemy; for just as muhammad denied Christ's claim to Divinity, do we do the same when we sin- for if we really could contemplate that God gave His Son as a ransom for our sins, and an example for a new life- then we wouldn't sin.
  • When Kyle writes:

I do debate religion a lot.. But one thing I have noticed, is that
    1. 75% of the topics are literally the same thing over and over
    2. No one will change their mind, no matter what

he makes an important point.

What is also significant is that Muslims will use violence against converts from Islam - which we do not do. Any religion which relies in any way upon violence to keep its adherents, should really be asking serious questions about itself.

We know that in the past some parts of the Christian Church have behaved in like fashion, so I do not say this to ignore the beam that has been in our eye; but it is a sign of the work of the Spirit that we no longer do this.

I can see why Muslims, looking at the contemporary world and the place of their religion in it, should get angry; but if they took their lead from the Copts rather than their own zealots, they would do better. When was the last time one heard a Muslim leader take any of the blame for anything?

In Christ,

Anglian