Continuation of E-aghape

edited November 2003 in Hymns Discussion
did anybody ever hear of this at the end of the greek hymn [coptic]Yagapy[/coptic], after [coptic]ke tou agioc ke makariou[/coptic]

[coptic]Ke twn mytropolitwn ar,y `epickopwn@ `ygoumenen ke `precbuterwn ke paptwn pimenwn ek`klyciactikwn

di`akonwn ke `upodiakonwn `anagnyctwn@ "altwn ermyneuontwn `eparkountwn@

twn monaxontwn `a`ipar;enwn egkratwn pana,rantwn@ twn ,yrwn orvanwn ke optwn en cemnw gamw@ twn ar,ontwn@

ke pantwn twn pictwn vilo,rictwn@ `Amyn genitou `Amyn ec`eswpi.

Mare pi`klyroc @ nem pilaoc tyrf @ oujai qen `P[oic @ je `amyn ec`eswpi. [/coptic]

I never heard all of this sung though. Does anybody know anything about the rest of this hymn?

Comments

• [coptic]y `agapy tou ;eou patroc: Ke `y,arictou monogennouc Uiou Kuriou de ke :eo ke cwtyroc `ymwn Iycou <rictou: Ke `y koinwnia ke `ydwre`a tou `agiou `pneumatic: `I`ymeta tou `agiwtatou ke makariwtatou patroc `ymwn papa abba Senouda.

Papa ke patriar,ou tyc megalo poleoc Alexandriac: nem `t,wra tyrc `n,ymi nem `tpolic `mpennout Ieroucalym nem ]`tiou `mbaki `mpement: nem }lubia nem Noubia nem Ni`e;aus nem Afrikia.

Ke tou ke makariou `edecimwtatou tou patroc `hmwn abba Iwcyf or;odoxou `ymwn `pickopou tyc polewc tautyc ke twn `oriwnautyc.

Mare pi`klyroc nem pilaoc tyrf oujai qen P=o=c je `amyn ec`eswpi.[/coptic]

this is the greek response to the Pauline Epistle in the presence of the pope or bishop.
    it is very goood hymn ;D ;D
    i know it off by heart...but its verrrryy lonnnggg
    u can listen to the hymn here

http://www.coptichymns.net/modules.php

Enjoy ;)
    (its my fav. hymn ;D)
  • Does anyone have the words in Arabic/English of the hymn E Aghape? That would be much appreciated!
    Tishepehmot
  • paul, are sure it's part of `Hagapi. i don't think it is, even in Albair's book.
  • yes mina, I have only found it online and in one of the EXTREMELY old Deacon Service books.  I'll show it to you sometime.
  • [quote author=Paulh link=topic=56.msg77728#msg77728 date=1191250680]
    yes mina, I have only found it online and in one of the EXTREMELY old Deacon Service books.  I'll show it to you sometime.

wow....long time no taby this time i know which part of it ur talking about.......