Are wrestling games and fighting games really bad?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Ones where there is no bloodshed... I have not played them in a long time

It doesn't seem bad to me as long as I am not addicted to it.. but to just play it from time to time with my brother or cousins whats wrong about it? and as long as I do not take the wrestlers as idols..

I find it fun.. there is a game called royal rumble.. it is really fun.. you have to chuck everyone out of the ring..

its fun playing with friends.. it causes us to laugh and enjoy meeting each other..  and maybe it eases off tension in relationships and lets us talk about personal things..

even toddlers find it fun when their older cousin tickles them or gives them a power bomb as a joke.. for those who know what it is.. but maybe we should not give toddlers power bombs because they could slip and they are fragile and they can suffer a big injury and die

I know acting out the wresling in real life can be dangerous though.. but even doing that in a safe way seems fine too.. as long as you do not do it too often because the devil can tempt us to do things we should not do..

wrestling games are fun because you can do things to your friend's wrestling character that he did not expect and that is funny to one person or  both

as long as it does not cause fights between friends.. it seems okay

But I am afraid it will cause me to be more violent to others but maybe it will not...

Some fighting games are funny.. the way they punch or the sounds they make..

How can a person develop a relationship with anyone when they can not do anything together at all? wrestling games seem more personal than soccer or basketball... does someone want to reveal their problems and sadness to some stranger they do not know?

Comments

• Hmmm. I won't be a hypocrite- I have been playing violent games since I was about 10. My first N64 game was Goldeneye. I have played Diablo (only a bit), Unreal Tournament (after school with my peeps), and I had a wrestling game, but I found that kind of boring. Me and my friends would sometimes play Super Smash Bros (i think it was called). My favourite games, however, involved racing.

I personally do not feel they have effected me. I think, however, that these games must be restricted to the mature. If your under 14, well, I think you are too young for any bloodshed. It has something to do with social development really. This is anecdotal evidence, and thus has limited relevance to you. However, I don't think you should go extreme and make it tempting to play these games by forbidding it. Rather, I think, you should minimise your use of these games?

Hope that helps...That's my 2 cents.
  • there is not much bloodshed in wrestling games.. so can people under 14 play it? and can they play super smash brothers and street fighter?
  • im a grl soo i may not be the rite person to answer this but to play lke with ur family, i think its kk.  as long as  ur not addicted and u dont hurt other ppls.  u dont take it as a advantage,.  it should be okay.  hope i helped.