The Way of the Master

Hey,

Has anyone hear heard of "The Way of the Master"? It's a TV show that evangelizes to people. It also teaches Christians how to minister to other people. I think it's a really nice program. The former actor Kirk Cameron who used to act in "Growing Pains" and a guy named Ray Comfort are the people that are running this thing. Their website is

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

I think this program is really nice and I think everyone here should look at it because some of the things they say really opens your eyes.

Tell me what you guys think about this. Is it a good way to talk to others about the Gospel?

Comments

• Dear Esakla23,

Interesting viewing, but I would ask your FoC about this. It is a Protestant Evangelical site, and I would doubt that their views on doctrine are those of the Orthodox Church.

This is not to say that they are not good men doing the Lord's work as they see it; but it is to say that for Copts, the way of the Master was laid out very many years ago, and what we need for salvation is to be found in what the Church teaches. I was not able to get far enough into the site to see what their view of salvation is, but I saw enough to think that any Orthodox Christian might think twice before getting too far into this. Do ask you FoC, he will know best.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I concur with John on this.  The Orthodox Church is full of 2000 years worth of wisdom.  She has endured persecution, she has ministered to the world, she has given birth to some of the greatest theologians and evangelists the world has ever known.  Before looking outside the Church to learn how to evangelize, or preach, or teach, or  anything, look within the Church.  You will certainly find a vast amount of knowledge in all aspects of ministry; more than you could possibly want or need.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5527.msg73870#msg73870 date=1183734434]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I concur with John on this.  The Orthodox Church is full of 2000 years worth of wisdom.  She has endured persecution, she has ministered to the world, she has given birth to some of the greatest theologians and evangelists the world has ever known.  Before looking outside the Church to learn how to evangelize, or preach, or teach, or  anything, look within the Church.  You will certainly find a vast amount of knowledge in all aspects of ministry; more than you could possibly want or need.

i agree with u.. this summer i was in a mo2tamar (i'm sorry i don't know the english translation of this word) with the youth bishopric about the church and salvation and one of the lectures was about evangelism ..abouna said that protestants have nothing and yet preach with all their power ( with the egyptian exppression they sell air in bottles) and we as coptic orthodox have everything and most of the times we wondwer what will we say..
    we need to know our church better in ordor to preach in an orthodox way