What annoys you?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello,

Im looking for advice before I get married. I'd like to know what annoys you as Christians? I think whether u are married or single, the things that annoy you won't change.

But tell me the 3 worst things what annoys you personally, and the 3 best things what makes you happy? Please specify if u are male or female.

Also, if u are an administrator of tasbeha.org, u too can participate. What annoys you also? and what makes you happy? Having said that, if what annoys you are these questions, the logic behind them is marriage is a holy sacrement. We should learn to make the lives of others comfortable, especially those we live with.

Thanks

Comments

• Well,,
    It is actually a hard question to know, or even to answer, but personally I think the most annoying thing that can annoy me is "Being Ignored", and feeling that you are "Lonely" and feeling that no one cares for you.  I mean this is for myself, it is just what I think about what annoys me.  Other people are definitely different. the 3 things that can make me feel happy is exactly the opposite of what annoys me

• 3 things that annoy me:
    1. Pets
    2. People talking about their pets
    3. Pet food

3 things that make me happy:
    1. Sleeping
    2. The Clock saying it's late and time to sleep
    3. Listening to pharmacology lectures...I find out on completion I atleast had a good hours sleep

I hope that helps.
  • things dat anoy me?

1. shopping (esp long hours)
    2. having 2 wait 4 something
    3. people with loud voices

things that please me?

1. Chicken Parma
    2. sleep
    3. spending time wit monks nd priests. 
  • annoys me:
    1) disappointing people especially my kids at work and church and family....i always try to say true to my word...i get soo pissed letting people down
    2) ppl who say they are going to do sumfin or put their hand up for it and NEVER come through
    3) BULLIES!!! ppl who try to be intimidating
    happy:
    1) spending time with family and friends
    2) hearing my young people sing and perform
    3) shopping, chocolate and coke
  • hey they found that the preservative in coke can potentially cause brain disorders. Hasn't stopped me yet lol. Better watch out.
  • welll i found out pepsi max or diet coke's etc decrease ur memory capacity so my theory go hard or go home lol
  • oh sorry i was thinking generally...........
    2) not being recognised for my efforts or appreciated better?
  • im saying that im human...and i wish to be recognised so....a woman is not onli a wife but a mother amongst other things....we all make sacrifices but thats not what im talking about.......its simple stuff like when she cooks a delicious meal..."thank you dear".........if a woman or any human receives no encouragment then u loose the desire to do certain things.....make sense?
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5470.msg72910#msg72910 date=1182344868]
    im saying that im human...and i wish to be recognised so....a woman is not onli a wife but a mother amongst other things....we all make sacrifices but thats not what im talking about.......its simple stuff like when she cooks a delicious meal..."thank you dear".........if a woman or any human receives no encouragment then u loose the desire to do certain things.....make sense?

Yes. I see. Very good points. I'll remember that. Im always greatful.

I got my fiancé some flowers for just helping me out with so many things.

Yes, we should recognise people's efforts. That's a good point.
  • sorry to divert the topic but congrats vas on the engagement...alf mabrook...may the lord continue to grow in you and bless u both
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5470.msg72912#msg72912 date=1182346294]
    sorry to divert the topic but congrats vas on the engagement...alf mabrook...may the lord continue to grow in you and bless u both

Thanks Kerestina, 3oqbalik!!
  • ive got two more dislikes
    1) men who define women's roles as a housewife n mother ONLY
    2) controlling men
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5470.msg72993#msg72993 date=1182431064]
    ive got two more dislikes
    1) men who define women's roles as a housewife n mother ONLY
    2) controlling men

Kerestina,
    Wait a second, this is just a question ok, but Im curious. WHen u get married, abouna will tell u "Dear happy Orthodox bride Kerestina.... SUBMIT to your husband ya benti".

So, when he says that to you, insha'allah, what will your reaction be??
  • Hey, husbands have to submitt to their wives as well.

I am a guy by the way. Marriage in the Christian concept is a partnership- however, with different roles that are to compliment each other and effectively uprise a healthy family.
  • there's a fine line between submission and control.........
    once a relationship becomes controlling, the wife or even husband may feel confined and limited and lose all social contact.......
    men who attempt to dress women, tell them where they can or cant go? who they can or cant go out with?? this is wrong!!!......this is domestic violence
    ill submit no probs, but i will not allow a man make me dependent on him
  • [quote author=Doubting Thomas link=topic=5470.msg72996#msg72996 date=1182431918]
    Hey, husbands have to submitt to their wives as well.

I am a guy by the way. Marriage in the Christian concept is a partnership- however, with different roles that are to compliment each other and effectively uprise a healthy family.

no where buddy does it say in the marriage sacremant of the Holy Coptic Orthodox Church that the man must submit to his wife. NO WHERE.

SHe has to submit!! Its her!!  Not us!
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5470.msg72997#msg72997 date=1182432031]
    there's a fine line between submission and control.........
    once a relationship becomes controlling, the wife or even husband may feel confined and limited and lose all social contact.......
    men who attempt to dress women, tell them where they can or cant go? who they can or cant go out with?? this is wrong!!!......this is domestic violence

I agree... But i don't think there's a fine line between them, i think they are totally different. Submit to your husband does not mean he has to control u. It basically means he leads u.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5470.msg73000#msg73000 date=1182432159]
    [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5470.msg72997#msg72997 date=1182432031]
    there's a fine line between submission and control.........

I agree... But i don't think there's a fine line between them, i think they are totally different. Submit to your husband does not mean he has to control u. It basically means he leads u.

yeah ok...perhaps fine line wasnt the most suitable terminology
  • "The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does" (1 Cor. 7:4).

and look at this...all Christians are to submit to one another in the fear of God (Eph 5:21)

And I think what God expects from the husband is far greater than the wife. He demands that the husband loves the wife, just as Christ loves the Church! That you would die for your wife! And look what is expected of the wife: to see to respect the husband (Eph 5:33)

Hmmm...guys, I think we better stop trying to make our girl bow down, unless you want to bow out. Because frankly the onus in the marriage is us.
  • well said thomas
  • Thomas' comments were right on target.

Only through showing each other mutual respect and love will a marriage have any chance of working. Those who want obedient wives walking ten paces behind them can form an orderly queue and head for part of Afghanistan, where some zealots from another religion seems quite keen on that sort of thing. I am sure (I hope) that most Muslims do not share that Taliban view of women; and no Christian should.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5470.msg72998#msg72998 date=1182432101]
    no where buddy does it say in the marriage sacremant of the Holy Coptic Orthodox Church that the man must submit to his wife. NO WHERE.
    SHe has to submit!! Its her!!  Not us!

you are right. but i think the fact that he needs to become like her parents and carry the responsibilty of her and their childeren, that is in fact greater than submiting.
  • obviously a femaile here. but annoy:
    - critisim
    -bullies
    -ppls who talk about me

happy:
    -sleep
    -gifts
    -goin to mi church
  • Well if your not talking about Relationships or in marriage...
    what annoys Me is
    -racism
    -bullies
    -as people said - people talking about me-
    -bullies
    -seeing people make fun of others
    -seeing people doubting God
    -oh yea, did i say bullies?
  • If we are considering things more widely, I would say cruelty and unkindness.

Annoy is, however, quite a mild word - one can get annoyed by all sorts of things - not least with computers which seem not to do what one wants (only to discover, of course, that the computer was not at fault, one's own lack of understanding was at the root of the problem). :)

In Christ,

John
  • Annoy:
    1) Boring lectures
    2) Boring lectures where you can't get away with sleeping
    3) Exciting lectures when you're very sleepy

Happy
    1) Food with no fat and carbs
    2) Food that is cheap
    3) Food that is cheap and has no fat and carbs

No wonder why I am never happy!

• [quote author=Doubting Thomas link=topic=5470.msg73138#msg73138 date=1182608151]
    Annoy:
    1) Boring lectures
    2) Boring lectures where you can't get away with sleeping
    3) Exciting lectures when you're very sleepy

Happy
    1) Food with no fat and carbs
    2) Food that is cheap
    3) Food that is cheap and has no fat and carbs

No wonder why I am never happy!

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for making me smile - a wise set of observations!

In Christ,

John