Miraculous Icon weeping Oil in Port Said?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi Freinds,

I heard that in Port Said,there is an Icon of our blessed Virgin Mary weeping oil. This  has been occuring everyday. Does anyone know the name of the church and if there is a website about the church?

Any info is appreciated,

Hezekiel

Comments

• i don't believe she is crying oil. but i do know that there is an icon of her that drips oil in the bishopric of HG Anba Tadros of Port Said on a certain day every year and goes on for a while. i have seen this picture myself and it is very nice and the oil smells unbelievable. almost like fresh flowers. but what you are taking about could be in a seperate church in port said.
  • ok this is kinda deviant from the original question but...

One of my friends once told me that sometimes "the weeping or the dripping of oil can be devil-manifisted"
    does any one have any insight on this?

thanks
  • i have never heard of that, but it could be possible. this oil however is definitly holy because miracles have occured by it. and we all know that the devil cannot heal anyone or help any one in any way
  • [quote author=Hezekiel link=topic=5397.msg71795#msg71795 date=1180903122]
    Hi Freinds,

I heard that in Port Said,there is an Icon of our blessed Virgin Mary weeping oil. This  has been occuring everyday. Does anyone know the name of the church and if there is a website about the church?

i think this is old news. the true story is that there is an icon of St. Mary in the cathedral of the diocese wher HGB Tadros is that bring oil. i don' think it weeps but just brought oil for a while and than stopped. for that HGB placed it in his personal cell and every year on St. Mary's feast, the icon brnig many filled bags of oil is is than taken by other for blessing.
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5397.msg71815#msg71815 date=1180909269]
    ok this is kinda deviant from the original question but...

One of my friends once told me that sometimes "the weeping or the dripping of oil can be devil-manifisted"
    does any one have any insight on this?

thanks

Well, many things have happened... Once a picture of St Mary, there was screaming from it and you saw the face of the dvil coming out ( but i think only a bishop saw it at that time because he was there... and like around 1994 a picture of St Mary was dripping oil in St George, Brooklyn, so i think you can tell if its the devil or not...... lol----and im just wondering-- why would the devil drip oil from St Mary's icon if it would make pple believe it St Mary, and it probaly wont poisonous i think...
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5397.msg71830#msg71830 date=1180914370]
    why would the devil drip oil from St Mary's icon if it would make pple believe it St Mary, and it probaly wont poisonous i think...

well i don't even know if that's true. but i guess it can be. the devil can use our faith against us.
  • DJDeacon and others,

Thanks for the info: Yes,it is in the bishopric of Anba Tedros in Port Said. Anba Tedros was in N America recently and I heard that he said the icon weeps oil on regular basis these days. Unfortunately, I did not meet him myself. I wanted to contact him. Does anyone know how I find the Address of the Bishopric in Port Said?
  • will limme tell u a story tht our holy father anba sarpion said on one of his wa3zas
    he said tht the devil does this just get ur mind on tht icon or watever and u would be like o man i could go right now get its baraka and maybe get a raise or a good grade at school and forget bout the prayer and the tenoul and all those importnt stuff

he also said tht in reall life one time a icon was pourin oil down and the  ba2al or a store owner near the church had complaint about big amounts of oil are disappearing lol

so basically the devil does so many thing and lil things just to get u away from god

thts why we should be afraid of the littlle foxes rather then the wolves
  • oh yea, my friend told me a story-- One time in a monastary St Mary appeared on the wall weeping, and everyone came to see ( people in monastary ) and when people where there watching, somthing in the kitchen fell and there was a huge fire, and since nobody was in the kitchen nobody was harmed, so this shows that God might be doing this for a reason- to keep us safe for example for this incident.
    ( and i think thats how the story goes- if not, its very similiar )
  • I googled what you´re searching for.... and i came upon that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHnUaj8TMJk
    Hope it will help you... :)

[coptic]Gewrgioc[/coptic]
  • yea thats the one lol
  • thanks ( thought i said thanks in the other reply lol )
  • No prob ;D
    [coptic]mmon `hli[/coptic] = you´re welcome  :D

• [quote author=Georgios link=topic=5397.msg73105#msg73105 date=1182542346]
    I googled what you´re searching for.... and i came upon that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHnUaj8TMJk
    Hope it will help you... :)

That youtube video is about a church in Brooklyn NY, not the church they are talking about....
    Also, People in egypt can't speak that good of english like them people in the congeration.....!!! Port said is a city like Alexandria and Cairo in Egypt.

Pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • bentBABAyasooa` is correct, Port Said is a city in Egypt. i have seen this picture myself and it is quite amazing.
  • Oh... [coptic]n,w `ebol[/coptic] = sorry ... i know port said...  :D
    but i only read the title, haven´t seen the video...
    [coptic]<w nyi `ebol[/coptic] = forgive me  :)

[coptic]`slyl nyi[/coptic] = pray for me