related verses in the bible about depression

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Please post any related verses in the bible upon the topic of depression (in all forms) pls offer reference and the verse itself

(can include lonliness)
thankyou
+WHY+

Comments

• im slightly confused 'why' are you looking for verses on certain issues or verses you would give to someon who for example is depressed and needs encouragement???

anyways here r sum verses n you can decide

Psalm 42:6-11; O my God, my soul is cast down within me; therefore remember..................i will say to God my rock, why have you forgotten me? why do i go mourning becoz of the oppression of the enemy?........why are you cast down, O my soul?.................

2 Corinthians 4: 8-18; We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed, we are perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not forsaken, struck down but not destroyed....................

Matt 5:11,12; Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for my sake, Rejoice and be exceedingly glad for great is your reward in heaven for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you...............

Hebrews 13:5,6; Let your conduct be without covetousness, be content with such things you have. For he himself has said, i will never leave you nor forsake you, So we may boldly say the Lord is my helper; i will not fear, what can man do to me?

Psalm 23; The Lord is my sheperd; i shall not want...............................

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord and he shall sustain you; he shall never permit the righteous to be moved

• verses i would like to give someone
  • Proverbs 12:25 (New King James Version)

25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
          But a good word makes it glad.

GBU

P4M