Confusion about the Rites

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear all,
I got confused and I would like to ask whoever knows the true rites of the church on Friday, the End of the Lent. Is it annual ceremonial, or still Lent ceremonial (I am especially talking about the hymns). I attended the church and they said it in the Lent ceremonial; however, again, they said it in Lent Weekend tune, BUT, even saying nefsenti, and eklinomen taghonata, and Tishori (rather than entho te tishori). Please help me understand.
Well, another question; the conclusion hymn after Psalm 150 on Lazarus Saturday; is it sung in the Gospel Response tune (as Wagdi Bishara recorded it?), or in the tune of "Bioik"?
Thanks a lot. God bless you all and please don't forget to mention my name in your prayers

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5157.msg69229#msg69229 date=1175360275]
    Dear all,
    I got confused and I would like to ask whoever knows the true rites of the church on Friday, the End of the Lent. Is it annual ceremonial, or still Lent ceremonial (I am especially talking about the hymns). I attended the church and they said it in the Lent ceremonial; however, again, they said it in Lent Weekend tune, BUT, even saying nefsenti, and eklinomen taghonata, and Tishori (rather than entho te tishori). Please help me understand.

the hymns on that day are mixed between the lenten weekdays and weekends. like u can say meghalo and apinchoise.

Well, another question; the conclusion hymn after Psalm 150 on Lazarus Saturday; is it sung in the Gospel Response tune (as Wagdi Bishara recorded it?), or in the tune of "Bioik"?
    Thanks a lot. God bless you all and please don't forget to mention my name in your prayers

Lazarus saturday liturgy is done fully in annual tune. the hymn at the end is in the annual madeha tune. like the normal "Listen o Christ's ....", like any annual madeha.

• Dear minagir,
    Thank you very much. That was very helpful.
    Have a very blessed Palm Sunday and Holy Passion Week you all, and mention me in your prayers.