History of liturgy and hymns

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
God bless you all,
I was asking if someone might have an idea where I can find books talking about the history of Coptic hymns, and the liturgy. For example, I came to know that St. Athanasius composed the hymn "omonogenis", and Pope Cyril The Pillar of Faith composed some (if not all) of the Theotokia's.
I would also like to ask you if there are other books talking about the meaning of the music of the hymns. I don't claim to be a musician, even someone who understand music at all, but I think I will benefit from this kind of books. Thanks a lot. Please mention me in your prayers.

Comments

• Hey, Coptichymns.net has many many articles on this subject i have a link for just a few articles. if you look to the right hand column there are many more things for hymns such as hymnology and other great things. Hope i was of any help

http://www.coptichymns.net/index.php?module=library&func=view&tid=1&filter=category^sub^30
  • Thanks very much dear jydeacon,
    BUT, I was looking for books or articles and all I found was a forum; I couldn't actually follow the link you sent me; could you please direct me on the website and I will follow the directions. I also am waiting for registration in the website, as I didn't receive an e-mail as yet. God bless you and please mention me in your prayers
  • ophadece,

sorry just a side note, looks like ur registered but check your junk mail, it might've went there instead of the main inbox, thats wat happened with me.....
  • Oh well here is the link again, hope it works this time. if it doesn't work this time you can just copy and paste the link into the web address above and it should work. if that doesn't work then go to www.coptichymns.net and go to the tab that says spiritual articles. from then it will take you to a page with different types of articles. from their if you look to the right hand side you will see what i was talking about before with the sections on hymnology and stuff like that oh yeah here is the link again

http://www.coptichymns.net/home/index.php?module=library&func=view&tid=1&filter=category^sub^31
  • Thank you very much every one. I will browse into these websites in detail later, but thank you very much for your help. God bless you all and mention my name in your prayers.
  • Dear Kerestina,
    I didn't find any mail in my inbox nor did I find a junk mail folder at all. I wonder if you can send me that same message again within this forum. God bless you and please mention my name in your prayers.
  • hey ophadece,
    im abit confused at wat ur asking..........the email sent only consists of your password n username and so im asssuming that since your logging on with no probs........that you shouldnt stress about that email........its best to pm one of the moderators or tech guys for further details

God bless n take care