Nature and mercy?

I contemplated for a while about nature and God's role in nature.
Then one day as I attempted to kill bug and a man asked me not to.  Then i thought would Jesus kill a bug.  The answer hit my mind right away (no).  But why no, and would he consider killing a bug a sin.  Then it seemed God settled my problems.  I remembered that it says in Genesis that God put all the animals of this world under our control.  Then i began to think why would he do such thing.  It hit me.  God uses nature as way to explain his mercy.  For example when i was about to kill that bug, the only thing that was restraining from killing that bug was my own mercy.  And with this i completely understood God's mercy and how much he loves us that he is willing not to squash us like pesky little bugs but rather carry us on his shoulders

Pleas share your thoughts on either nature or God's mercy

Comments

• [quote author=Lover of the father link=topic=5044.msg68049#msg68049 date=1172549475]
    I contemplated for a while about nature and God's role in nature.
    Then one day as I attempted to kill bug and a man asked me not to.  Then i thought would Jesus kill a bug.  The answer hit my mind right away (no).  But why no, and would he consider killing a bug a sin.  Then it seemed God settled my problems.  I remembered that it says in Genesis that God put all the animals of this world under our control.  Then i began to think why would he do such thing.  It hit me.  God uses nature as way to explain his mercy.  For example when i was about to kill that bug, the only thing that was restraining from killing that bug was my own mercy.  And with this i completely understood God's mercy and how much he loves us that he is willing not to squash us like pesky little bugs but rather carry us on his shoulders
    Pleas share your thoughts on either nature or God's mercy

God created everything on earth for a reason and for a good role. That doesn't mean we humans know all reasons for all creatures. A bug may be is not supposed to be there among us human, so we just get rid of it. It wouldn't be wrong like a sin but it's just not right to leave it there just to walk around with the possibility of like a disease or so.
    Also please don't liken us, human, to animals or any other creatures. God's mercy and love to us is far beyond anything in this world to be likened to. He sent His only-begotten Son to save us through His death. Would you do that for an animal?? Of course not. 
  • I am sorry but I never meant to belittle God’s mercy or love for mankind.  I attempted to put into perspective God’s mercy by looking at nature.  As humans with limited minds we constantly are looking for ways to comprehend the infinite God.  I believe we attempt to comprehend God by the use metaphors.  For example, when the Trinity is attempted to be explained we constantly here the metaphor the mind the word and the tongue.  This metaphor can not even scratch the surface of what the Trinity is truly is about, but it does give us an idea about the Trinity.  I see that God’s uses nature as a way to provide for us an example of how he treats us.  We treat what was put under us with horrible care (pollution, killing a harmless bug), and I think God wants to show us that he doesn’t need to take care of us as he has, is or will, just like we do not need to take care of nature, but in fact he does take care of us through his mercy and through his only begotten Son.

I also wanted to add that I would not consider it a sin to kill a harmful creature but a harmless creature I believe could be a sin.  There is a story about Anba Sarapamon( I believe that is how you spell his name) that when one of the monks was checking up on him, he found that in his cell that this saint was sharing his room with a mouse, and not only that but Anba Sarapamon was also sharing his meals with the mouse.