Temptations and lustful sins

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hi, i seem to have a problem with committing the same sin again n again n every time i go 4 confession i keep sayin it n i dnt noe how to deal wif it it is realli annoying me n it started wen i hung around the wrong group at skool id like help wif how to deal with this issue cause it always usually seems to control me and i want to go near christ our lord plz help !!
Thx
ur sinful servant Mark

Comments

• Hello Mark
    I really understand what you are saying, i know it is hard and its dissappointing, but there are some points that I need to discuss with you regarding this subject.

We all make mistakes, we all sin, you have to know this, and you have to also know that God loves you so much. Every time you fall, just rise up and confess. The devil will try his very very best to make you feel very bad and very depressed so that you don't go for confession and keep doing the sin. I will tell you a little story:
    One day there was a young monk, this young monk use to ALWAYSSS fall in the lustful sin, but everytime he committed it he used to rise up and pray saying "My Lord you know that I'm dust and that I always love to do dirty things, but you are my master and lord and you love me, please helpe me". The young monk continued falling and rising and falling and rising. One day he committed the sin again and he rose up and prayed with the same prayer, the devil appeared to him with anger and told him "Aren't you ashamed of yourself to pray to god with your sinfull mouth?" The young Monk smiled a lovely smile and told the devil peacefully "Well you smash me with a hammer of sin and I smash you with the mercy and love of God and lets see who is going to win, you or the love of God". The devil told him "From now on i will never fight you so that you don't get crowns.

So Mark my friend, as long as you are trying, you will have rewards, God knows what's inside you, God knows that you fall because you are weak not because you want to do the sin in purpose. But it is a better practice to try to always avoid everything door that brings the sin, e.g; Bad programs, bad company....etc

One day a person had exactly the same story as you, he went to Pope shenouda III and told him about his story. Pope Shenouda smiled and told him "My dear son, say always every time i fall i rise, not everytime i rise i fall, and there is a huge difference between both.

So Mark your task now is to always rise up no matter how many times you fall, God can see really well that you are trying, and will reward you becasue you try to rise and live a pure life.

May God always bless you

Baladoos
  • Thx so much Baladoos uve made me realise that god will alays accept a repantant heart and that made menot fall int the sin of hopelessness so i greatly appreciate your help.
    May God help us all not to sin and become perfect as he wants us to
    Your sinful servant, Mark
  • That's all ok my friend, we are all fighting like you ;D ;D ;D

God be with you, please mention me in your prayers

Baladoos