is it wrong if i cant read fluent coptic?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i fell kinda bad that i dont read coptic that well. the priest at my church seemed kind of disappointed when he found out i couldnt read coptic fluently...is it bad? ???

Comments

• It's not like its a sin but if you are a deacon its not a good thing either. you could always try to learn it it is not that difficult. i had a link before if you PM me your email i can send you the lessons. i found that the translation to english coptic is not accurate in most cases because the translation is not exact in the way we should say stuff. but it really isn't the end of the world. you should learn it though it is very helpful during the liturgy and is a good thing to know how to read so again if you want the lessons send me a PM with your email and i will send you the lessons.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • i definatelii agree with jvdeacon
    its not a sin
    i no koptic i m not dat well
    go 2 tasbeha
    it will help
    trust me
    rabena MA3Ak
  • thanks for the help...pray for me.
  • definetly not..u know the story of the monk that knew nothhing but the our father, god accepted it because it came from the heart.

btw u can learn coptic its really easy...u can teach it to urself..there are great websites that help u out...there is a forum i created where people posted several useful websites
  • RABENA MA3AK[coptic][/coptic]
  • its not rong. u should juss try to learn becuz we use it a lot in church. maybe the priest may hav gotten mad becz lke well are u a good one that uboun loves maybe thats y? hmmm. rabena mahak