exagerrating

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I was just wondering, is exagerrating wrong?? I mean, some people have a tendency to exagerrate, so would it be considered lying??

Comments

• I think exagerating could be a form of lying. I was always taught that the truth is the truth. It is or it isnt. By exagerating you are bending the truth and therefore your not telling the truth so that leaves you with a lie. Thats how I feel about it. How do you guys feel about it?
  • I agree with Conqueror. However, i also believe that we have an innate tendancy to make little things really little, and big things really big. Having said that, just cause its in our nature, it doesn't make it "right". [Please note, i don't want to generalise and say its in EVERYONE's nature - but its just a pattern that i've observed]

This is a little off the topic, but I also believe that one can lie by saying nothing at all. That is, by instilling in someone else a certain belief by not saying anything. I think that too is lying cause you've created something in their minds that doesn't exist. Hmm.. thats what i think:)
  • anymore opinions?
  • hey guys,
    I dont really think much of exaggerating. I mean, I guess it is in a way lying but i think it depends on the way you use it.
  • Well, for me personally I'm a sarcastic exagerrator... Like here's an example "Church on sunday is 14 hours long..." we all know its not 14 hours long (although depending on ur abouna it maybe) but it just stresses that its long. I don't see anything wrong with it, unless ur gonna be picky... I don't know how its lying... i once again dont think Gods up there counting everytime u exagerrate.

ASM
  • exagerating is a form of lying, bending the truth..
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=490;start=0#msg8099 date=1091257493]
    exagerating is a form of lying, bending the truth..

I disagree

ASM
  • it depends. i think its ok depending on the situation. like if we r telling a story, its ok, as long as we dont drag it out too much and make it somthing its not.
  • Hi guys....if exagerrating is a sin, then consider me burning ! lolx...really tho, i always exagerate but my friends ALWAYS kno i'm joking, because wen i do exagerate its sometimes beyond imagination....lyk i'll be waiting for someone to get out of the bathroom and wen they come out i'll say o wow, u only took twenty years, or wen my sis takes a long time dressing i'll say its about time my clothes r out of style....lolx....so i dont think exagerration is wrong, i think if u use it to gossip about others and sorta stretch the truth, then it becomes wrong and sinful...

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • :( u guys stopped posting in this thingy (omgoodness sum1 has to tell me wut these things we're talking in r called >:(, lolx...r they called posts?? ??? i'm not stupid i promise, i just have my own language) but neways i really wanna kno now if exagerrating is something we shouldnt do or whether or not its right...i hope it isnt tho :-\

• let me ask u a question: WHY do u exaggerate??? if u just do it in a way like saying church is 14 hours long (great example ;D), then there's probably nothing wrong with it. If u exaggerate to make things look better or to make situations worse, then thats more a form of lying...
  • no i mean exagerrate lyk when i talk not to make things look better, its just how i am :-\ like i could be talking about how crowded a room was and i'll say it was like being in a worm whole filled with 5,000ppl, u kno? i dont do it 2 seek nething from ne1, it just comes out, lolx :-\

• hey......i dont think exaggerrating is wrong.....i guess it depends how far you could take it (Sylvia...lol) but i dont think its considered a sin....by the way aruba stands for the arabic word...not the island... :o ::) :P