edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I was wondering wut is the true reason you guys go to church
is it because
1) You love God so much that you can't wait to go meet Him at his house
2) you would feel guilty if you don't go
3) You go to meet your friends
4) or are you forced to go

Comments

• i don't know but it debend. Last year i went to see my friends, but know i am going because God. I was never forced to go to church because i was raised up in church, so i didn't do anything better to do :-[. ANd may-be if i didnt go i will feel guilty and i think that is not a negativ thing. bas what about you? ???
  • well before going to st-john church, i used to go to church mostly for my friends, now that i changed churches i mostly go for god and for not feeling guilty. I am afraid that if i make friends by purpose will change.
  • i was personally raised in the church. when i was little my dad would always take me early and we'd be the first ones there. now its the other way around. :D i am the one waking my parents up to go early. i personally go to church to get reenergized and to be with God and to recieve His Holy Body and Precious Blood.
  • well when i was young i didn't know the reason of why was i really going to church, but now i feel that i acually benefit from going to church you know how:
    well first thing is you take the blood and the body of jesus and that is very important.
    secondly when you go to church and come back home you would feel quilty if you sin because you would say "oh my god i just took Communion i shouldn't be doing this"
    i feel this way
    and you know you need friends in church to sopport you even if you go to see you friends a few times you would like to go to church not only to see you friends but also to talk to god an vist his house
    and that is exactly what happened to me
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=board=1;threadid=4804;start=0#msg65834 date=1168008041]
    i was personally raised in the church. when i was little my dad would always take me early and we'd be the first ones there. now its the other way around. :D i am the one waking my parents up to go early. i personally go to church to get reenergized and to be with God and to recieve His Holy Body and Precious Blood.

haha... me too :o
  • id go with #1
    God is ur #1 best friend......
    lets say u had a best friend wouldnt u always wana go over each others houses its the same thing except this is God....... i waould lov going 2 church evryday
  • i agree chuch is ones home. besides most of the time its peaceful, and u get away w/ all temptations. but not all the time .
    yalla rabena mahkhom
  • partly because i'm forced to go ( but i think i would still go if i wasn't forced) .....and isn't God everywhere (good)? i know church is his home, but still why would you hafta go to church to see him? i have no friends from church so def not for that reason, and i guess i do feel guilty when i don't go, so i guess my reasons are
    1. communion (duh)
    2. guilt
    3. keep up with religous-ness/ i guess to see God
    4. forced to
  • [quote author=lsalsa link=board=1;threadid=4804;start=0#msg65829 date=1167971134]
    well before going to st-john church, i used to go to church mostly for my friends, now that i changed churches i mostly go for god and for not feeling guilty. I am afraid that if i make friends by purpose will change.

its definatly 100% ok to make friends, the ones from church are the best kind of friends, you can go to them for advice and they will always comfort you and they are the true friends, all my firends are from church and the best thing is praying with your friends and it always brings back wat Christ said, "if two or more are gathered in My name I shall be in their midst." The Church is a community and it is seperate from the world. They call the church the Heaven on Earth so make friends in a heavenly place, also the friends from church will last a lifetime no matter where u go.
  • all my firends are from church and the best thing is praying with your friends and it always brings back wat Christ said, "if two or more are gathered in My name I shall be in their midst."

Me too, all of my friends are from church and i find that it helps to have friends that are used to going to church and stuff like that.
  • Exactly right Jydeacon im with you, find a friend that goes to church regularly and go with him. Thats what i do!!!! :) :) :) :)
  • yes that is correct. the more we go to church, the closer we get to god.