God's Will?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I guess I need to be reminded again how it is God's will that children suffer...that young mothers loose their children at a young age.
When did it become fair that innocent children die while there are thousands of people all over the world that commit horrible crimes but can still survive to be 100+

I think at times like that when all you need is God's hands...yout turn on him because things like that are just NOT FAIR and there no explanation for it at all. But again how is it fair? >:(

Comments

• Marianne you started a great topic and to be honest i don't have a clear explanation for why does God allow young children to suffer and mothers to loose their children but here is what i think:

when we see bad things around us, we see it with our eyes, the human eye, which cannot see very far. children could be suffering, starving, then they die and we ask God why did you let that happen? but he tells us that they suffered, yes, on earth but now i took them where they will never suffer, they will always be with me. They didn't have a very good trip on earth but they were strong till the end and i'll reward them with great rewards.

we feel bad when we hear that someone died especially if he was a little child, but we never understand that they are going to a wonderful place that's much better than here.

i love your signature, el rab a3ta , el rab a7'az. if i lose a relative, i am sure i'll cry, i might even lose my mind if i lost someone who's very close to me. sometimes, we never understand that they left us to go to someone who is more special and to go to a much nicer place. i am sure they look on us and feel bad that we here are crying that they left and they are happy that they left.

also, if there is something that we could do, anyway we could help then we have to help, for example we are happy and we have a place to live, food to eat, etc.... then we should help those who suffer, visit the sick, give the poor,...

when god permits something to happen, he allows it to happen for a reason and not because he is unfair or unjust.
    sometimes he wants to give us a warning, or to remind us that we're not staying here forever.

i hope what i wrote makes sense, i might have deviated a little from your original question but i hope i made sense at least :)

here is a really great poem that i love , its really sad but amazing.

Why God

On the street, I saw a small girl
    cold and shivering, in a thin dress,
    with little home of a decent meal.
    I became angry and said to God:
    Why did you permit this?
    Why don't you do something about it?
    For awhile, God said nothing.
    That night he replied, quite suddenly:
    I certainly did something about it.
    I made you.

here is a really great story:

SPECIAL DELIVERY
    Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating
    room she said: "How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right? When
    can I see him?"

The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn't
    make it.."

Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any more?
    Where were you, God, when my son needed you?"

The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time alone with your son? One of
    the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to the
    university."

Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good-bye to son. She
    ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.

"Would you like a lock of his hair?" the nurse asked.

Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a
    plastic bag and handed it to Sally. The mother said, "It was Jimmy's idea
    to donate his body to the University for Study. He said it might help
    somebody else. "I said no at first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using
    it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more
    day with his Mom." She went on, "My Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always
    thinking of someone else. Always! Wanting to help others if he could."

Sally walked out of Children's Mercy Hospital for the last time, after
    spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with Jimmy's
    belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The drive home was
    difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried
    Jimmy's belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her
    son's room. She started placing the model cars and other personal things
    back in his room exactly where he had always kept them. She laid down
    across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.

It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the bed was
    a folded letter. The letter said:

"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I will
    ever forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say I
    LOVE YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday we
    will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy
    so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room and
    old stuff to play with but, if you decide to get a girl instead, she
    probably wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy her
    dolls and stuff girls like, you know. Don't be sad thinking about me. This
    really is a neat place Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here
    and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything.
    The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what?
    Jesus doesn't look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew
    it was Him. Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got
    to sit on God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important.
    That's when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you
    good-bye and everything. But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you
    know what Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write
    you this letter. I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to
    drop this letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one
    of the questions you asked Him 'Where was He when I needed him?' "God said
    He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross.
    He was right there, as He always is with all His children.

Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except you. To
    everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool? I have
    to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names in the
    Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper.
    I'm, sure the food will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore. The cancer is all
    gone. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't
    stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The Angel of
    Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about
    that?

Signed with Love from: God, Jesus & Me

• Here is another great story, i always get a blessing when i read them, i hope you do to.

ÞÇá ÇáÌÑÇÍ: ÛÏÇ ÕÈÇÍÇ ÓÃÞæã ÈÚãáíÉ ÝÊÍ ÞáÈß .

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÕÈí: ÓæÝ ÊÌÏ íÓæÚ åäÇß .

ÇÓØÑÏ ÇáÌÑÇÍ ßáÇãå ÈÇÓÊíÇÁ: ÓæÝ ÃÝÊÍ ÞáÈß áßì ÃÚÑÝ ãÏì ÇáÊáÝ Ýí ÏÇÎáå .

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÕÈí: æ áßäß ÚäÏãÇ ÊÝÊÍ ÞáÈí ÓÊÌÏ íÓæÚ åäÇß .

äÙÑ ÇáÌÑÇÍ Çáì ÇáãÑíÖ æ ÇÓÊÃäÝ ÍÏíËå: æÚäÏãÇ ÃÑì ãÏì ÇáÊáÝ ÏÇÎá ÞáÈß ..ÓæÝ ÃÚíÏ ÎíÇØÊå æ ÃÝßÑ Ýí ãÇ íäÈÛí Úãáå.

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÕÈì: æ áßäß ÓæÝ ÊÌÏ íÓæÚ åäÇß..åßÐÇ íÞæá ÇáßÊÇÈ ÇáãÞÏÓ..Çä íÓæÚ íÍíÇ Ýì .

ÑÏ ÇáÌÑÇÍ ..æ ÞÏ ÈáÛ Çáãáá æ ÇáÖíÞ ãÏÇåãÇ áÏíå ÞÇÆáÇ: ÓæÝ ÃÎÈÑß ÈãÇ ÓæÝ ÃÌÏå Ýì ÞáÈß ºÓæÝ ÃÌÏ ÊáÝ Ýì ÇáÚÖáå æ ÞÕæÑ Ýí ÇáÏæÑÉ ÇáÏãæíÉ æ ÖÚÝ ÇáÔÑÇííä ¡æ ÓæÝ ÃÍÇæá ÚáÇÌß .

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÕÈí Ýí åÏæÁ: æ áßäß ÓæÝ ÊÌÏ íÓæÚ åäÇß ÃíÖÇ .

æ ÈÚÏ ÃÌÑÇÁ ÇáÚãáíÉ ÌáÓ ÇáÌÑÇÍ Ýí ãßÊÈå áÏÑÇÓÉ äÊÇÆÌ ÇáÌÑÇÍÉ æ ßÊÇÈÉ ÇáÊÞÑíÑ ßÇáÂÊì: ÊáÝ Ýí ÇáÔÑíÇä ÇáÃæÑØì æ ÇáæÑíÏ ÇáÑÆæì æ ÚÖáÉ ÇáÞáÈ .æ áÇ íæÌÏ Ããá Ýí ÇáÚáÇÌ Ãæ ÇáÃÓÊÈÏÇá¡ãÚ ÇáÊæÕíÉ ÈÇáãÓßäÇÊ æ ÇáÊÒÇã ÇáÑÇÍÉ¡ãÚ ÊæÞÚ ÇáæÝÇå ÎáÇá ÚÇã .
    æ ÇÐ Èå íÊæÞÝ ÝÌÃÉ æ íÝßÑ : áãÇÐÇ ÝÚá ÇáÑÈ Ðáß¿
    áãÇÐÇ¿
    áãÇÐÇ íÇ ÑÈ ÓãÍÊ áå ÈåÐå ÇáÂáÇã¡æ ÌÚáÊ ÇáãæÊ ÇááÚíä äÕíÈå ãÈßÑÇ¿

ÌÇÁå ÕæÊ ÇáÑÈ ãÌíÈÇ : ÓæÝ áÇ íÓÊãÑ åÐÇ ÇáÕÈí Èíä ãÑÖÇß áãÏÉ Øæíáå¡áÃäå ãä ÎÑÇÝí æ ÓæÝ ÃÖãå Çáì ÎÇÕÊí åäÇ¡ÍíË áä íÔÚÑ ÈÃì Ãáã¡Èá ÓæÝ Êßæä ÇáÑÇÍå ÇáÊí áÇ íãßäß ÊÕæÑåÇ ãä äÕíÈå ¡æ ÓæÝ íáÍÞ Èå æÇáÏÇå íæãÇ ãÇ Ýí ÓáÇã ¡æ åßÐÇ ÇÓÊßãá ÎÇÕÊí ãÚí .

Èßì ÇáÌÑÇÍ ÈÍÑÇÑÉ ÞÇÆáÇ : áÞÏ ÎáÞÊ åÐÇ ÇáÕÈí ÈåÐÇ ÇáÞáÈ¡æ ÓæÝ íãæÊ Ýí ÈÖÚÉ ÔåæÑ...áãÇÐÇ¿

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÑÈ : ÓæÝ íáÍÞ ÎÑæÝí åÐÇ ÈÎÇÕÊí¡ áÃäå Ãßãá ÑÓÇáÊå ÇáãÊãËáÉ Ýí ÑÏ äÝÓ ÃÎÑì ÖÇáÉ .

æÈÚÏ ÈÑåÉ ßÇä ÇáÌÑÇÍ íÌáÓ ÈÇßíÇ ÈÌæÇÑ ÓÑíÑ ÇáÕÈí ¡æ Ýí ãÞÇÈáå íÌáÓ æÇáÏÇ ÇáÕÈí .

æ ÚäÏãÇ ÇÓÊíÞÙ ÇáÕÈí ÓÃá: åá ÝÊÍÊ ÞáÈí¿

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÌÑÇÍ: äÚã

ÓÃá ÇáÕÈí: æ ãÇÐÇ æÌÏÊ ¿

ÃÌÇÈ ÇáÌÑÇÍ: æÌÏÊ íÓæÚ
  • do you read arabic? i assumed you do cuz your signature was in arabic so hopefully my assumption was right. for those who don't read arabic, pray that someone will be nice enough and free and have [glow=red,2,300]no exams [/glow], or finished their exams so they could translate it for you ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes, i'm not done my exams yet so prayers are greatly appreciated :)

• I understand your point of veiw Marianne87, and i understand it perfrcetly kaman.

My Unlce how passed away recently, He has a 2 year old baby Girl. Sometimes I wonder, Why did god give my uncle a baby girl, when she is not gonna know him when she grows up? It is not fair to her, to grow up without a father when her friends are.

My uncle when he passed away, He left behind 3 children and their mother. I don't understand and I don't see a reason for his death. I did grief alot over him, and i still am; however, I am sure he is happy there and in a better place.

My Aunt, Right before khalo died, She had a baby boy, and after a couple of months that baby boy passed away. I couldn't Imagine losing a brother and a son at the same time period.

Eventhoug, Things happen and we don't see the reasons for it. GOd let's it happen because he sees what is best for us, and he knows better than us, He has our life planed for us, He does things for a reason if we don't see it right now we will later. and you are gonna say bentBABAyasooa` aleat.

Pray for me,
  • I guess I understand that and I understand it's God's will and yes el rab a3ta el rab a7'az fa yakon esm el rab mobark...but no matter how I look at it...it's unjust...they didn't have to get this disease they didn't have to die at such a young age and I just can't get my mind around something so painful...

Anyway thanks a lot St. Demiana...lol ya I do read arabic and I will translate it enshallah soon for anyone who want to read it. I love the stories...they are amazing and I guess God has a plan for each one of us and we should just accept it.
    Thanks bentbabayasooa' for the encouragement...sorry to bring up such memory I know you are trying to forget and all...but I guess the only thing that we can all feel good about is that they are all in a better place with Jesus and all the saints surronding them.

oh and rabna m3aaky St. Demiana...I just got out of them so I know how you feel :)
  • May God yo2af ma3akom in your hard times... I've been there too :)...

--Ps 26,2

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.--

Gos proves every single one of us, and He has His reasons and methods. We can't judge Him or complain, although it may seem really unfair what happens.

And thanks for sharing these stories...theyre beautiful!

GB

• death is not so bad... its just a gateway to ur first hug with Jesus!!!

bout being fair or not... we are not the ones to judge and say this is not fair but this is fair.

is it fair for St. Mary to be standing next to the cross and see her only son dies and she can't do anything about it?
    We can't answer this question, and neither will we be able to answer ur other questions Marianne.

look at the bright side, God will not take anyone if they are not ready to go!! he took them in the best state of their spiritual life after finishing what they came down for... if they stayed an extra day or even a minute, then they might not end up with God! (i have a story from bastan el rohban that proves this)... just be happy 4 them cause they are happy.....

*** The monks think about death every minute of their life putting a fact in front of their eyes "Today is the last day for me here!"... so why would i be sad when he is happy?? I want to be happy too just like him... so i just look forward to this first hug and i can't wait :D

• does God really take ppl only when they're ready!?!?!?!??!?

oh and i love those stories...like...alot. thanks fer posting