Signs

ahlan ya madams wa ostaz's,

im abit worried about my cousin (male), he's been acting really weird lately, like getting really close and his interest in girls is slowly declining, we go out alot but these days he's not all that keeen, he's really touchy as in hugs alot and gives you little personal distance. you know i would love him no matter what, but im not sure what to do

so should i:

a) asking him straight out are you gay?
b) tell his parents and let them deal with it (hopefully he comes out alive)
c) try and line him up with some of my girlfriends
d)recommend counselling
e) or just leave it, its not really my business (although im certain it is, i want the best for him)

any comments and feedback is appreciated but again i ask you to refrain from criticism if possible

salam

Comments

• bos ya sidi... here is what i would do if i was in ur place. I talk to him first nicely and not direct initially, see what he is thinking of in general bout life, what he wants to do when he grows up, what kind of a job he wants to get, etc... just to get him to talk to you first and be open with you. THEN, start talking about marriage, and see what he says, ask him if he likes any girls from church....try to talk about church, bible, praying as you speak with him... and don't forget to pray to god to help you and enlighten you before you start talking with him...

i don't think you should tell his parents just yet, and don't "line him up with some of your girlfriends" lol, and u can't just leave him. if he doesn't listen to you, then go to his foc or any close abouna to you and him and tell him about the situation and see what he tells you...

finally, if he doesn't listen to abouna, then u tell him that you will tell his parents and see how he reacts to this...
    lastly, tell his parents...
  • i agree with AnaBola, but i hope it wont get as far as needing to tell his parents.

You shouldnt ask him straight out if he is gay because if its not true, he may fel offended, and if its true, you may destroy your relationship together.

You should just tell his father of confession

Good Luck
    Pray for me
  • you should definetly not ask him straight out if he is gay because he might get offended. so what if he's keeping his distance from girls i don't have a girlfriend and when i am around girls i don't really like getting hugs or whatever so that i don't get any bad thoughts cause you never know when the devil might tempt you or whatever maybe he has a reason or is going through a rough time and isn't acting himself. so i don't think you should jump to conclusions because i don't see whats wrong with what he's doing unless he comes out and says he's gay.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=0#msg64601 date=1165545192]
    so what if he's keeping his distance from girls i don't have a girlfriend and when i am around girls i don't really like getting hugs or whatever so that i don't get any bad thoughts cause you never know when the devil might tempt you or whatever maybe he has a reason or is going through a rough time and isn't acting himself. so i don't think you should jump to conclusions because i don't see whats wrong with what he's doing unless he comes out and says he's gay.

indeed so what? so maybe i shouldnt care at all,he's one of my closest counsins, and he's like my brother, im worried about the change in his behaviour is that ok?

man, i only wanna see the best for him, he deserves a nice lady (in all facets), he's a good looking man with an incredible personality, i tell u what, i think id greive everyday that he hasnt experienced those special moments with the ladies (during marruage of course)

and im not talking about getting hugs or whatever, all (actually most) of the girls at my church cry on his shoulder, he's a ladies man, and now he is ......i dont know

i think i'll talk with him casually tonight and tell you guys how i go

thanks for the responses
  • ^^ couldn't agree more with jydeacon. same here jydeacon :D right now i'm 18 and don't think it is right time for me to have girlfriend. girls are actually my weakness so i try to be careful when i'm around them hanging out because before I start being close to God, my friends were those type that think girls are objects and always live in lustful thoughts and dreams and I was carried away with it too. :'( we just need to get fiance when it's time for us to get married and that's all. I hope and pray i can be strog enough to do that. no non sense about breaking up with one girlfriend and boyfriend 10 times and switching 10 of them in just few yearss ::)

hey btw, are you a deacon? :D i'm a deacon too!! just became one few weeks ago!! i'm kinda happy and excited to be one. :)

God bless
    and pray for me
  • my dear friends,
    you have misunderstood me, when i said he was a ladies man, i meant he got along with girls NOT that he dated every girl he meets, not even i do that

i dont even agree with the whole boyfriend/girlfriend concept, its a waste of time and only plays with your emotions

two of my friends dated during high school for about 3-4yrs and every one assumed that they made a good couple, but the following yr we left school, they broke up, THEREFORE dont bother dating during school its a waste, haram yani, because things change, interests change and people change, and with my friends they drifted into different directions, but here's the problem, the guy was bruised emotionally and has isolated himself from all his friends, he was quite distant, it was hard for him to deal with but with prayers the pain is easing

Hailemikael, girls arent your weakness, its the fall into sin

• OK, here's a brief summary of the conversation:
    we talked about how things were going in life generally, like how's work life etc............ and he was satisfied but was having problems with his emplyer(woman) lately, but he didnt sound too upset about that

we then started talking about girls, and he kind of changed the topic, we ended up talking about cars instead
    and then i told him about how one our counsins might be going to egypt to find a husband and we talked abit about that and how much of a mess she'll be getting herself into if she brings a guy from egypt here,

anyways, he went quiet and said sam ive been thinking about something, its been on my mind for awhile, he goes on to say i think something is wrong with me, and then he said and the only reason why im telling you is because your like my brother and we're pretty open with each other and here comes the BLOW, he says he's starting to find guys more appealing than girls OMG OMG OMG, i then started talking about the bible and marriage and love etc

BUT what more can i do??? doesnt that say he's considering homosexuality
  • brain wash him... u can't give up from the first round.
    start talking about having kids, and becoming a dad... get those feelings refreshed in him

ask him what made him think this way...

tell him that god made us a man and a woman, not a man and a man...

tell him what would he be like if he grew up in egypt, would he have those feelings?

tell him he won't be able to take communion...

have him start thinking about the consiquences of this decision and show him that its a dead end, and he'll end up in hell and will loose the eternal kingdom...

tell him that the devil is causing him to think this way, and he has to fight the devil

tell him that it would be better for him to live as a monk and never get married to a woman instead of marrying a man...

keep talking to him alot, and try to get him as close as possible to u so he can be open more...
  • oh well sorry for misunderstanding you did he straight up say that he likes guys more than girls in a gay way or just that they are easier to be around. if he did say he's gay do exactly what Anbabola said. keep talking to hiim and convince him that its completely wrong and a sin and that he shouldn't even consider it and pull out some verses from the Bible.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • sorry for misunderstanding you Saviour......

hope your friend will be back to normal. just pray to God for him always and advise him like AabaBola said....

Good luck!!
  • [quote author=Saviour lives in me link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=0#msg64609 date=1165584817]
    OK, here's a brief summary of the conversation:
    we talked about how things were going in life generally, like how's work life etc............ and he was satisfied but was having problems with his emplyer(woman) lately, but he didnt sound too upset about that

we then started talking about girls, and he kind of changed the topic, we ended up talking about cars instead
    and then i told him about how one our counsins might be going to egypt to find a husband and we talked abit about that and how much of a mess she'll be getting herself into if she brings a guy from egypt here,

anyways, he went quiet and said sam ive been thinking about something, its been on my mind for awhile, he goes on to say i think something is wrong with me, and then he said and the only reason why im telling you is because your like my brother and we're pretty open with each other and here comes the BLOW, he says he's starting to find guys more appealing than girls OMG OMG OMG, i then started talking about the bible and marriage and love etc

BUT what more can i do??? doesnt that say he's considering homosexuality

I am sorry, I thought you were a girl!
    I am soooo sorry, I deleted the reply already! I am sorry, see..... i came out of exams and my brain was fried!

• thanks heaps AnbaBola i truly appreciate your contributions
    i aint gonna let my cuz go down like that, we got a family gathering tomorrow, so ill see if i can talk to him then

bentBABAyasooa, i have no idea what your sorry for, if its for thinking im a girl all is forgiven, if it was insults then your lucky i didnt see it

btw congrats Hailemikael on becoming a deacon
  • [quote author=Saviour lives in me link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=0#msg64683 date=1165744025]

bentBABAyasooa, i have no idea what your sorry for, if its for thinking im a girl all is forgiven, if it was insults then your lucky i didnt see it

It was an assumtion I made, I apologize, and just like I said... I came out of exams and my brain was on a vacation for a couple of days, and It is going back today to prepare for tomorrow.

Pray for me,
  • tell him God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
    if he tells u thats what u should say but be easy
  • thanks heaps AnbaBola i truly appreciate your contributions

hehehe... glad i can help...
    let us know how that family gathering go...
  • [quote author=Saviour lives in me link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=0#msg64683 date=1165744025]
    btw congrats Hailemikael on becoming a deacon

thank you saviour lives in me! i tell u i'm so glad. it's a lot of hard work.

God bless
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=0#msg64687 date=1165761738]
    It was an assumtion I made, I apologize, and just like I said...

tis ok my dear, all is forgiven

[quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=0#msg64687 date=1165761738]
    I came out of exams and my brain was on a vacation for a couple of days, and It is going back today to prepare for tomorrow.
    Pray for me,

yeah i know the feeling, exams tend to do that to you
  • ok people i have good news
    i had a really good and lengthy chat with my cousin at the family gathering and, i dont think he was all that serious about the conversion, he was going through a phase and that the women in his life were giving him a hard time and that kinda brought him down because he started questioning his future (marriage) BUT he realises that what he was thinking was wrong and has sought confession from his foc and knows the consequences if such actions was purused and he really highlighted how he didnt want to disappoint his family or embarrass them

so voila, thanks guys and gals for all your help ;)
  • well i am glad to here things worked out for you and your cousin
  • Savior it looks like the concept of homosexuality surrounds you alot ( i saw your thread on the lesbian girl that you like)
    Anyway Rabena maak bro, always keep the Lord in front of you
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=15#msg64773 date=1165882414]
    Savior it looks like the concept of homosexuality surrounds you alot ( i saw your thread on the lesbian girl that you like)
    Anyway Rabena maak bro, always keep the Lord in front of you

ah yes, i remember that thread too, didnt last very long thankx to some complaints to the moderator but never mind.
    i met another girl, she's really nice and guess WAT? she's straight lol, the lesbian chick was starting to annoy me, she only thinks of her self >:(

thanks dave bro ;) god bless you

• neither
    PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :o
  • i agree tell him about the bible. give him a long lecture but no so meen or anythin. lol
    may god be with u both and all.

pray for me too.
  • LOL! WOW! ummm people need to chill with the whole "gay" thing... not because somebody jokes around like that means his gay... I joke around... I hug guys... hell I kiss them on the cheek sometimes... I act "gay" LOL..... I even had a convo. with my cuz about losing interest in girls... what people cant take jokes? chill people... chill!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=board=10;threadid=4736;start=15#msg67293 date=1170947689]
    LOL! WOW! ummm people need to chill with the whole "gay" thing... not because somebody jokes around like that means his gay... I joke around... I hug guys... hell I kiss them on the cheek sometimes... I act "gay" LOL..... I even had a convo. with my cuz about losing interest in girls... what people cant take jokes? chill people... chill!

lol r u sure ur not (gay)?????? kiddin bro,
    i know wat u mean, even sitting on another gals lap gets ppl going wild with theories ??? but i also think it cant all be fun n games, u need be respectful of urself
  • lol superman needs therapy
  • i agree with superman [bam] just becasue ur coudin does not like girls anymore, does not mean that he is gay
    a lot of guys act gay because they think it is funny, just ask him if he is alright
    i personally think u should NOT ask him if he is gay because u r goinjg to hurt him

2-----dont show him girls

hope i helped, pray for me

EgY

• I would go with
    e) just leave it, its not really your business (although im certain it is, i want the best for him) u could as him if he was gay, but unless ur the kind of person he tells his secrets too, or a guy , i dont think u should.
                P.S not taken a interest in girls doesnt mean ur gay, just trying to play nice and cool