Is this wrong?

edited December 2006 in Personal Issues
Hi,
I have a friend, in fact its the same guy that works as a ventriliquist with the monkey.

When he was young, he used to go to a school that was FOUR or FIVE VERY LONG BUS STOPS away from his house. Whenever he was late for school, he would take the bus, and would ask as the conductor ONE simple question right after boarding the bus:

"Excuse me please sir.. but is this bus going to such and such a destination?" He'd pick a destination that he knew the bus would never go to.
The conductor would say "Oh dear, no.. you'll have to get off the next stop and take the same bus, but in the opposite direction". So, he'd get off the bus - and by the time the conductor had explained everything... he was already at the destination he needed - without paying a penny.

Now - is that wrong? Because, its not really a lie. He didnt LIE!. He just asked if the bus was going in a direction that it wasnt going to. Its a simple question. The bus conductor would say :"no.. you'd have to change buses". The bus conductor NEVER asked him if "despite the fact that the bus wasn't going in the direction you asked for, do you still want to carry on in the direction it is actually going in right now?"

They all assumed that he was asking because that was the direction he needed.

There are NO LIES here at all... but, is that still wrong?? The bus conductor should have said: "No. its not that direction, but you should pay for the trip that you've used anyway.." - but they'd never do that....

Anyway, with all the money he saved from bus fares, he bought a toy monkey - which got him into more trouble.

Comments

• pretty nice trick...

even though he didn't lie neither did the bus guy lie, but its wrong... he is using the people... look i don't want to judge him on what he does, but if you ask me... i won't do it.
  • ha ha ha ha very funny, your jokes are very lame vas, dont you have better things to do
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4729;start=0#msg64477 date=1165413653]I just want to know if its right or wrong??

It was wrong, since it was deceptive even if he didn't lie as such.

But the important question is: was the monkey real or stuffed? :P
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4729;start=0#msg64482 date=1165414713]
    Yeah... i know what your next question will be: "Was the bus conductor Australian?!!"..

Doubt it very much

you just to look at the facts, this thread was started by a french man, who thinks he's funny and in the end he was the joke

conclusion: the bus conductor was French
  • oh boy... and i thought you were serious!!
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4729;start=0#msg64482 date=1165414713]
    Yeah... i know what your next question will be: "Was the bus conductor Australian?!!"..

so then tell me vassilios, do you not think this was insulting???
  • [quote author=catch me if u can link=board=10;threadid=4729;start=0#msg64488 date=1165416253]
    [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4729;start=0#msg64482 date=1165414713]

so then tell me vassilios, do you not think this was insulting???

His was a question!

Yours, ya catch bah, was a fact!

• whether it was a question or not isnt the problem, its what he was implying