In weddings do we say Te-shory ot Tay shory?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi all
Got a guestion here: In weddings do we say Tee-shory or Tay shory??

thanks

Comments

• ben2ol tay shory... 3ashan tee shory betet2al fee ayam el syam ya baladoos!! atamanah eny akoun sa3adt b'rady dah....

Fibo
  • [quote author=filobateer link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63872 date=1164592298]
    ben2ol tay shory... 3ashan tee shory betet2al fee ayam el syam ya baladoos!! atamanah eny akoun sa3adt b'rady dah....

Fibo

no we say tee shory because it is the right one that is said in the wedding. there is in fact a lot of conterversity aboutthis. what happend is that wedding were not the same we do to day. there was the wedding and 3aqd al-emlak. there two saparete litrugies, have there own rite, hymns, gospel, epistle and a lot of other stuff. but than the holy synod mixed them togather in service which is today called the wedding. tai shory was said in 1 and tee shory was said in the other. i can't remeber which is for which. but now the synod chose tee shory to be in the current service.
  • Hey Mina, thanks very much for your help,
    I was just asking if you can let me of any source that says Tee-shory or a proof because i want to show it to my priest because he says Tay-shory.

thanks

Baladoos
  • if you look at this link:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Weddings/Higher_Institute_of_Studies.html

under weddings, it says ti-shory....maybe you could use that as proof? Ya, i think so, if the higher institute says ti-shory...
  • sorry.. sorry... sorry ya gama3ah.. ana ezaher gat fee baly tay shory... asfah ya baladoos
  • [quote author=username33 link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63877 date=1164596003]
    if you look at this link:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Weddings/Higher_Institute_of_Studies.html

under weddings, it says ti-shory....maybe you could use that as proof? Ya, i think so, if the higher institute says ti-shory...

ok!!!
    look again? and listen pleass. the file says tishori for tee shori. the files were put online a long time ago and writing coptic_english wasn't the best thing to do. so... it's written in a diffrent way.
  • hi all,
    i have a book for wedding written by anba mettos and revised by the synod,it says that we say tai shoory not tee shoory.and the book of gamal albir says the we should say tai-shoory.
  • [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63884 date=1164620390]
    hi all,
    i have a book for wedding written by anba mettos and revised by the synod,it says that we say tai shoory not tee shoory.and the book of gamal albir says the we should say tai-shoory.

ALL books have that and some even have both in them. but i am telling you about what i was taught, what was recorded (even tho that shouldn't always be trusted), what i wrote on the wedding book i did for my church, and what the priests approve here in the area.
  • Actually, i don't think we even say Tai or Tee. We sing Shereh Maria.

We go in with Epouro, and leave with Shere maria.

Frankly speaking, if iwas the mo3alim of the Church, i'd include Atai Parthenos even. Its very appropriate.
  • no, mina---

you completely misunderstood me... I was agreeing with you. I gave the link because baladoos asked for a source that we do say teeshory at weddings. So I told him he could use the Higher Institute as a source/.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. But I was in fact agreeing with what you said.
  • [quote author=username33 link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63910 date=1164671244]
    no, mina---

you completely misunderstood me... I was agreeing with you. I gave the link because baladoos asked for a source that we do say teeshory at weddings. So I told him he could use the Higher Institute as a source/.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. But I was in fact agreeing with what you said.

np, i didn't go against you or anything.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63909 date=1164671234]
    Actually, i don't think we even say Tai or Tee. We sing Shereh Maria.

Frankly speaking, if iwas the mo3alim of the Church, i'd include Atai Parthenos even. Its very appropriate.

acuilty were talking about somthing else not the entrence or the leading out. so...
    and yes we do go in with eporo, shere ne maria tasbeha, semouti, shashf ensob, teoi enhekanos to. we come out with shere maria, and you can go into tamgeed stuff.
  • YOU ARE KIDDING ME???

You do weddings with the tasbeha?? I mean... ti-oi en hikanos??
    No way?? Ti-atsolev etc??

I was serious about Shereh Maria.. and its the one (the melody) we use in the Mass, not the Tasbeha...

Its sung when the deacons are preparing themselves right at the start of the mass.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63920 date=1164673297]
    YOU ARE KIDDING ME???

You do weddings with the tasbeha?? I mean... ti-oi en hikanos??
    No way?? Ti-atsolev etc??

I was serious about Shereh Maria.. and its the one (the melody) we use in the Mass, not the Tasbeha...

Its sung when the deacons are preparing themselves right at the start of the mass.

i dono where do you get your sources from vassilios. why would you say shere ne mareia at the begining. and also i never said anything about tee-attholeb.
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63917 date=1164673067]
    [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63909 date=1164671234]

acuilty were talking about somthing else not the entrence or the leading out. so...
    and yes we do go in with eporo, shere ne maria tasbeha, semouti, shashf ensob, teoi enhekanos to. we come out with shere maria, and you can go into tamgeed stuff.

From the above message, i honestly thought u were doing the wedding with stuff from the tasbeha. What did u mean then?
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg63926 date=1164675032]
    [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63917 date=1164673067]
    [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=0#msg63909 date=1164671234]

From the above message, i honestly thought u were doing the wedding with stuff from the tasbeha. What did u mean then?

ok. lets make this very clear. in the entrence, the deacons say mainly eporo, resmable the king, the bridegroom. they can also say shere ne mareia from tasbeha, the 7th part of the sunday theotkeia, semouti shashf ensob, and teoi enhekanos. these hymns are for st Mary the queen. so in wedding you have a king and a queen, a bridegroom and the birde, so you say eporo for the king and the list above for the queen. is this hard to understand. now this only to answer ur quetion.

but the main topic here is do you say teshori or tay shori before the pauline epistle.
  • I have never seen a wedding where any song from the tasbeha is sung at all.

But - that's cool - im not complaining at all, i just didnt know we were that flexible to actually do some freestyling in the wedding ceremony.
  • Vas, you can come to my wedding and see!
    :P
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg63968 date=1164719110]
    I have never seen a wedding where any song from the tasbeha is sung at all.

But - that's cool - im not complaining at all, i just didnt know we were that flexible to actually do some freestyling in the wedding ceremony.

acuitally the original rite that that we say eporo for the bridegroom to come is, alone and than after we finish, the bride comes in with her father or whoever with shere ne mareia tasbeha and than infront of the alter, the groom takes the bride and go up to the chairs.
  • THat's a smart way of doing it!

But what do u think of Atai Parthenos?? For a wedding?
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg63995 date=1164745583]
    THat's a smart way of doing it!

But what do u think of Atai Parthenos?? For a wedding?

well i don't think it fits because that one is more spicificlly for st mary. also btw, your're not supposed to say it except in st mary's fast and feasts. so there is difference between the general stuff and the spicific.
  • Huh?

Atai Parthenos?? "Listen O Daughter, incline your ear, forget your people and your father's house for the King has desired your beauty"??

OK never mind, but u cant deny that its a beautiful hymn.

And yes, i agree, Shere Ne Maria (Tasbeha mix) is a good hymn to sing during a wedding. Its a shame they don't do that everywhere!!
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64007 date=1164749461]
    Huh?

Atai Parthenos?? "Listen O Daughter, incline your ear, forget your people and your father's house for the King has desired your beauty"??

OK never mind, but u cant deny that its a beautiful hymn.

And yes, i agree, Shere Ne Maria (Tasbeha mix) is a good hymn to sing during a wedding. Its a shame they don't do that everywhere!!

you're so right, but that part you included above is said any way in the prayer of submission. also i love that hymn, becasue it's like the second or the 3 hymn i ever learned.

this hymn if chanted during the wedding, ppl would sleep on themselves so....clergy have to consider the poor simple people ;D ;D ;D
  • Listen, this hymn, right after the intro, as soon as u get into the verses, is swingin'. I mean, its ideal for a wedding.

Are u sure u know it?? Its got a real good funky beat to it.

If u listen to MC Ibrahim Ayad, you'll miss the real style.. download other mp3's of this great hymn where they're a bit more adventurous, and you'll see how ideal this song can be in a wedding.
  • Mina, what is ur source for saying things from the Tasbeha (shere ne maria etc). From what i know is that the hymn which is to be said when the bride enters the church is Shere Maria (The paralexis of the hymn of the blessing), not Shere ne Maria.

The popular practise however is to let both the bride and groom enter at the same time while chanting Ipouro, while singing Shere Maria when leaving the church again.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64009 date=1164752616]
    Listen, this hymn, right after the intro, as soon as u get into the verses, is swingin'. I mean, its ideal for a wedding.

Are u sure u know it?? Its got a real good funky beat to it.

If u listen to MC Ibrahim Ayad, you'll miss the real style.. download other mp3's of this great hymn where they're a bit more adventurous, and you'll see how ideal this song can be in a wedding.

i know the hymn and i and you love it. but may be not others.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64010 date=1164753985]
    Mina, what is ur source for saying things from the Tasbeha (shere ne maria etc). From what i know is that the hymn which is to be said when the bride enters the church is Shere Maria (The paralexis of the hymn of the blessing), not Shere ne Maria.

The popular practise however is to let both the bride and groom enter at the same time while chanting Ipouro, while singing Shere Maria when leaving the church again.

yes your right. my source is my priest word and that's what i did the book on. also here in this intro for HICS. the intro is not online but i can uploaded it when i get home.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64010 date=1164753985]
    Mina, what is ur source for saying things from the Tasbeha (shere ne maria etc). From what i know is that the hymn which is to be said when the bride enters the church is Shere Maria (The paralexis of the hymn of the blessing), not Shere ne Maria.

I totally agree. I can't imagine anyone singing anything from the tasbeha in a wedding.

I think we need to put Mina through a Coptic Check up.

Mina - here are a few questions we need u to answer before u continue any more dialogue on this site - ok. Just answer the questions as honestly and accurately as u can - K?

* have u had any affiliation with Jehovah's witnesses in the past 5 months?
    * Have u ever contemplated on what purgortary must be like?
    * Do u pray in tongues??

I feel mina is Coptic, but this tasbeha in weddings is making me worried.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64013 date=1164754470]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64010 date=1164753985]

I totally agree. I can't imagine anyone singing anything from the tasbeha in a wedding.

Mina - here are a few questions we need u to answer before u continue any more dialogue on this site - ok. Just answer the questions as honestly and accurately as u can - K?

* Do u pray in tongues??

Big big LOL for you.
    first to all the quesion NOOO, and if yes i would be lying because they all wouldn't have TASBEHA........ ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64014 date=1164754848]
    [quote author=vassilios link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64013 date=1164754470]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4683;start=15#msg64010 date=1164753985]

* Do u pray in tongues??

Big big LOL for you.
    first to all the quesion NOOO, and if yes i would be lying because they all wouldn't have TASBEHA........ ;D ;D ;D ;D

I spoke to my FoC concerning the singing of Atai-Parthenos. I thought he'd think it was a good idea... but he didnt. He said :"Nope.. we just sing Shere Maria".

I think its OK to be creative in a wedding. Even the tasbeha.. let's say no one knows a certain song in the tasbeha in Coptic... feel free to skip it?? Do you know what I mean, or even replace it with something else?? Why not?? What's the point?
    Let's say someone doesnt know the 3rd Hoss.. OK? Why not use another Coptic Hymn you do know instead that is similar?? and then continue with the other Hoss's and the rest of the Ispsalmodia?