Gay Marriages

Comments

• WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AM I SEEING THIS this is disgusting gay and lesbian orthodox christians THIS MAKES ME WANT TO CURSE!!!

The first reference to homosexuality in Scripture is in the infamous account of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19. The wickedness of the men of that city is obvious and is of such a severe nature that it brought divine destruction upon the entire city. Both Peter and Jude make reference to it and describe the sin of homosexuality as " ungodly, lawless, unnatural and extreme immorality" (see 2 Peter 2:6, 8; Jude 7).

In Leviticus 18:22 and 24 homosexuality is described as an "abomination" and "defiling." It is reprehensible and unclean.

In Leviticus 20:13 it is again described as an "abomination" but here as one worthy of the death penalty!

Deuteronomy 23:17 forbade the presence of a "sodomite" in the land of Israel.

An incident similar to that of Sodom and Gomorrah is seen again in Judges 19. Again the sin of homosexuality is described as "wickedness."

In 1 Kings 14, 15, and 22 the removal of male prostitutes from the land of Israel is viewed as a sign of much-needed spiritual reformation.

The prohibition in Deuteronomy 22:5 of women wearing men's clothing appears to be a specific condemnation of transvestism.

In Romans 1:18-32 the apostle Paul condemns the practice in the severest terms. Homosexuality is "unclean," "impure," "dishonoring to the body," "vile," "degrading / disgraceful," "contrary to nature," "unseemly/ obscene," "improper activity of a depraved mind," "unrighteous," "wicked," etc. Of particular importance to the apostle in this passage is the fact that homosexuality is "unnatural"--contrary to nature. In other words, nature itself teaches that the practice is wrong; we all know it intuitively. Homosexuality is, then, a particularly rebellious sin.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 the apostle Paul speaks of homosexuals as "effeminate" and "abusers of themselves with mankind" who "shall not inherit the kingdom of God." The terms he uses here seem to be specific references to both active and the passive participants in a homosexual relationship. Such people are "unrighteous," he says, and if they remain in that practice they will be condemned.

From all this we can draw at least the following three conclusions:

1) Homosexuality is contrary to Scripture. There is no way to speak of any kind of acceptable or "Christian" homosexuality. There is never any allowance for it. It is never anything but sinful.

2) Homosexuality is contrary to nature. It is a particularly rebellious sin, a violation even of one's own conscience.

3) Homosexuality is worthy of severe judgment. The Mosaic law prescribed the death penalty for this sin. The apostle Paul specified that such people have excluded themselves from the salvation that is in Christ Jesus and are headed toward condemnation.

LEVITICUS 20:14 "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman ,both of them have comitted an abomination,they shall surely be put to death"

theres alot more but if i were to put them up it would take me all day

aghape,
    chris
  • WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AM I SEEING THIS this is disgusting gay and lesbian orthodox christians

No one is condoning homosexuality! If you even read the posts you'll see everyone condemns this sin.Whats different about your post is your self righteous attitude!We hate the sin but not the sinner.WERE NOT SO FULL OF PRIDE that we think we know the cause of sin or that we ourselves are above sin.All sin condemns to Hell.The Bible says the "dog"{the homosexual} shall be cast into the lake of fire.So true! Yes indeed! But the Bible also says the liar,the fearful,the unbelieving,the immoral,etc. shall also be cast in the eternal fire.Have you ever lied?Have you ever doubted God?Been afraid{showing you dont trust God}?Had any immoral thoughts lately? Well if so ,know this,you are as deserving of Hellfire as the "dog"! Jesus Christ forgives sin,cleanses us from sin,delievers us from sin,makes us new creatures.I get tired of all this self -righteous garbage.Every person here is a sinner.If I had access to your private thought life I bet I would find some pretty disgusting stuff,ehh?Hate sin,of course, but dont come across so self righteous all the time.And I'm not talking about anyone individual here.All of us are quilty of self-righteousness,thinking we're better than others,etc.,at one time or another.Whatever happened to showing alittle mercy!Or are we Pharisees,knowing all the commandments of God but neglecting the weightier matters such as mercy,commpassion,humilty.
  • dude chill im talking about these homosexualls that call themselves eastern orthodox christians that is sick

aghape,
    chris
  • dude chill im talking about these homosexualls that call themselves

As I said in my previous post,I'm not talking about you personally{or anybody else for that matter}.I was speaking against the self- righteous attitude we all manifest from time to time.If you were offended personally please accept my apologies.God bless. :)
  • hey guyss ..jus thought id share a quote Pope Shenouda said about all this and that is basically that if gays are gay by choice then we need to correct and advise them, if theyre gay by any biological tendencies then we needta help cure them....both ways what is right n wrong still stands...and i agree with jfranklin we all have impulses but we control them..i personally dont think theres enuff evidence for this born gay stuff but i mean there are tons of genetic chromosomal diseases where certain people have tendencies to have more rage, anger, be antisocial...but it doesnt mean any of that is right...it jus means that you might havta work a lil harder at controlling urself...more potential for heavenly reward even!...............THAT GAY WEBSITE.....
    :'(...i dun get it watsup with that...so what these people think being gay is okay...or are they "gay" but not practicin or what??? sumone ENLIGHTEN Me!!
  • it jus means that you might havta work a lil harder at controlling urself...more potential for heavenly reward even

Well said! :)

!...............THAT GAY WEBSITE.....
    ...i dun get it watsup with that...so what these people think being gay is okay...or are they "gay" but not practicin or what??? sumone ENLIGHTEN Me!!

They're poor decieved people who obviously dont believe the Bible!We need to pray for them. :)
  • dude chill im talking about these homosexualls that call themselves eastern orthodox christians that is sick

CopticChris 434,

I didnt know there was a "gay orthodox website" until copt4life brought it up.I must have missed it on page 2.Now I understand why you were so upset!...lol...That is pretty sick!
  • !...lol...That is pretty sick!

my words exactly and about the sorry thingd un wrry about it dude that is very wrong do tehy actually have members of the clergy of the eastern orthodox church participating in this that makes me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ahhhhhhhh yes ;D i am home now and im opening my OSB and heres what the bible has to say about homesexuality

Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral (or fornicators), nor idolators, nor adulterers, NOR HOMOSEXUALS (or sodomites; literally those who have coitus, or who sleep, with men), nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

the one above speaks for it self

Romans 1:26-27
    26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

heres the quote from the OSB (man i love this bible!!!)

Error means dillusion Paul, and the rest of the scripture is clear to claim that homosexuality is natural or an "alternative lifestyle" is a delusion. Rather,It is Immoral shamefula and unacceptable to god

This homosexuality inside an eastern orthodox church disgusts me taht the church would allow this

Leviticus 20:13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

IS THAT ENOUGH FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ughhh

anyway theres more places where it says its wrong

aghape,
    chris

BTW remember GOD loves homosexuals but he hates homosexuality

• There are so many verses in the bible that condem the act of homosexuality i just cant cite them right now because i dont have them memorised. Remeber Humans who fall into sin and refuse to admit it find ways to justify this sin. This issue is so sad its all political "let gay people have their rights so that i can have their vote!" its sooo sad, and the whole kids thing just eww i mean eww i fear for the child that has to grow up in a family like that! and even animals do the right thing! female male lion lioness come on we have more understanding then the lion! its WRONG AND SAD AND SHOULD BE STOPPED!

May God Help those who have lost their way to find it again!

Maria
  • ITS REALLY JUST SICK AND WRONG AND IT SHOUKLD BE STOPPED
  • yo i Had no idea that sit was for eastern orthodox, i looked at for like 2 secs thats probably why but that is soooooooo wrong!

Pray for those who have lost their way!

Maria
  • okay guys so this is what i heard, a friend of mine was saying how they did a study on rats at the university of tornoto, and they placed the rats in two inviornments...one which had food and luxuries and one which had nothing (this is in accurate because my friend could not recall the details of said study i do have her looking into it for me so bare with me!) and this is what the observations concluded that the superior male rats gatherd their female counter parts and took them to the room with the luxuries, and that the rats that were left in the inviornement with nothing, were weak male rats.. only male rats...and they turned to homosexuality!

okay so the point of all that rambling and raving and so on! the point is that it really has alot to do with your inviornement so can you imagin what your children will be exposed to when they go out into the world, like gay marriages!

Maria
  • When you think of same-sex marriage, remember one thing:

"God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". Keep that in mind, and there's your answer.
  • Just to play devils advocate... We all know the bible says homosexuality is wrong... BUT, there is a difference between marriage in the orthodox church and marriage according to the State! We all agree that they cannot be married in the orthodox church...

But, why should they not get married according to the state! A state marriage would only give them Tax benefits, etc. They can already adopt (I thiink), so that would be nothing new.... Lets think of some good reasons why they shouldnt have a State wedding!!

In Christ,
    me
  • ugh im soo disgusted my same sexmarriage...honestly a man and a man together is wrong on soo many levels. And these people go around thinking they r special cuz their gay and that they deserve rights and stuff. K you have rights but you also have to respect other peoples tolerance levels and gay stuff is nastyyyyyyyyyyy. And also adopting a child!!! thats prolly the worst thing they could do to a child. y destroy the childs life and make them live with this sin. Its cruel hoenstly man and women thats it, thats how it was in the beging and thats how it should be now..period!
  • I remember there was a case in Egypt where they caught like 20 homosexuals, and they sentenced them to prison...

In a way, I think that's the right way to deal with the problem, but also the wrong way to end it...anybody remember that?

It was all over the news!
  • yeah in Egypt homosexuality altogether is illegal. at the time they had caught a boat with around 20 homosexuals who had gone on some kind of cruise. they justified it by saying it was culturally unacceptable, and they are not willing to change the law. Until now Amnesty International is putting very high pressure on the government and on foreign governments to force Egypt to change that law.

I personally don't think its the right way to deal with it though. I mean indeed homosexuality is absolutely wrong, and in my opinion extremely disgusting, but at the end of the day homosexuality is a sin not a crime. Everyone has their sin, and to be honest, i'm quite sure its one of the harder ones to overcome. May God be with them, and grant them the wisdom and discernment to recognize it as a sin, and to pray and fast to overcome it.
  • I just don't understand how anyone defends it like it's nothing ::).. It's most definitely not normal and should never be considered normal. Just another form of the corruption of man if you ask me..
  • I agree, marriage is defined my the state as a union between man and woman! you have to change the deffinition of marriage inorder to make it legal for gay people to get married! i know in canada they have, i live here and i am ashamed and angerd at the courupt society we have become, and besides gay people have rights under common law! i dont know if you know what this is so if you dont feel free to ask, i dont want to explain unless someone doesnt know. throughout history man and woman has been the deffinition of marriage, even, the pharos who alegedly had relations with the same sex on the side, were married to women, why do we all of a sudden do they wanna change things??

maria
  • GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE LOL
  • if u want to know my opinion i honestly don't care THEY aren't bothering me. I Really never even think about it much although it is a big issue.
  • ok well i guess it is kinda sorta...ok its reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly gross and ew and yeah but i try to stay out of it
  • I have heard of some people who KILL homosexuals just because they are (homosexuals)...

To me, that's going WAY OVERBOARD with this! His Holiness Pope Shenouda III wrote a book describing the way the church thinks of homosexuals...and His Holiness said that although homosexuality is a sin, it is possible for the person to repent and change their ways...but to kill a homosexual just because they are is commiting an even bigger sin! By killing them, you'd deny them of their chance for forgiveness from God and their chance to enter heaven...

btw, anybody know what would happen then? if a homosexual is killed, where do they go? heaven or hell?

and to those who live in Canada, i agree with you...the thought of bending the laws of religion to accomodate same sex marriage is shameful...to me, it's just laziness (they don't want to spend time changing them into normal people)

What are your thoughts?
  • homosexuals dont really bother me..., i dont really care if they are there or not, they're just like liars and decieves and disobedient ppl, all sinners (inclduing myself).... it's the idea of homosexuality being accepted that's very annoying.

if society agrees and accepts the idea, what will happen to our world? future generations such as our younger siblings, our children, their children etc, will be taught and raised in a society that accepts and maybe even encourages the idea. they'll be encouraged to 'go after who they like' and its ok for a girl to like a girl.... that's just freaky.

i dont know what i'm ranting on about... it's just ugh... here in canada we've done so many petitions and letters and such to stop this idea of accepting gay marriages, and i dont think its working

pray for us..... it's gonna be hard living a society like that....

take care and God bless
  • btw, anybody know what would happen then? if a homosexual is killed, where do they go? heaven or hell?

:)

They go to hell unless they repent of the sin of homosexuality.The Bible makes it very clear that the homosexual will not inherit the kingdom of God.By the way,the one who kills the homosexual will also be cast into Hell.All murderers will be cast into the lake of fire at the end of time.

We need to love homosexuals, doing everything we can to bring them to repentance{by the grace of the Holy Spirit}.Hate the sin with a passion,love the sinner with a passion.God loves all, and desires that all should turn and repent from their wicked way. Wonderous is YHWH's love for the sons of men. God is great and greatly to be praised!
  • true...i was unsure who would go where, but that makes sense...

and for all copts who live in canada (like me), it is up to us to demonstrate to the government that this is wrong...

didn't they have a meeting in parliament the other day to decide whether it would be legal or not?
  • They go to hell unless they repent of the sin of homosexuality.

sorry, but how do you know? are you GOD? I am not trying to be rude... but we have no right to say they are going to hell... please forgive me...
  • sorry, but how do you know? are you GOD?

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?Do not be decieved:neither the sexually immoral,nor idolaters,nor adulterers,nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves,nor the greedy,nor drunkards,nor revilers,nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." Ist Corinthians 6:9,10

I'm certainly not God, but I do know what God say's about homosexuality in the Old Testament and New Testament.God does not lie.I believe God means exactly what He says in His Word. :)
  • but we have no right to say that they will go to hell... I hate the action... but thats God's Job.