Dancing is NOT wrong!

13»

Comments

• What do you guys think about the EGYPTIAN stlye in songs???
  • music more specificly
  • hey,

I am going to an engagment part tonight!
    Am i going to dance?
    NO, because there is the whole church there! ( that all they do is TALK TALK TALK S*** about everyone!)
    also, because my uncle died and it hasn't been a year yet!

pray for me,
  • Have u tried breakdancing Mira?

If u belly dance, everyone will look at u.. but if u breakdance.. its quite good fun. Can you spin on your head?

Ya3ni... if u can do that, the engaged couple will really feel u have done more than your fair share for them in showing solidarity for their joyful event.

Can u robot dance?? Here's a link that will help u created by a friend of mine to help 1000's of people who need help robot dancing.

I cant robot dance myself, but i think its something the whole family can participate in.
  • hahahahhahahahaa............ robot dance?!
    hahahahahhahahahahhaa..............
    that video is halirious!

break dancing? ahahhahaa.....

spin on my head? no, i don't think i can survive a spining headache!

:D

:)

;)
  • Hi Mira,

Yeah, im trying to get David a job in London... he's very talented!

But u can robot dance... no matter how old u r. Don't give up..

PLEASE?!

When there's a wedding, or a party at Church, just say to everyone:

"excuse me please, i'd like to participate with u in sharing my joy through the following dance movements..."

Then go and do that stuff... move like a robot... can u turn your head around 360 degrees?? Apparently, sa3eedi people can actually unscrew their heads and screw it back on again.
  • vas!

hahahahhaa...........
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4624;start=60#msg63766 date=1164304184]
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6554985803435824676&q=egyptian+belly+dancing&hl=en

that is a bad bad belly dancer!
    that it is when belly dancing is wrong!

If a wedding is meant to be so joyful, i felt so sad for them to see that; especially the bride. I cannot believe that such dancing is from egypt where , whether u are christian or muslim, this isnt something that emanates from our religion. How is it a country where wearing the hijab is a common practice , can produce such things, and expose them in a wedding?!!

such dancing, may lead someone into temptation, but believe me when i say this: most men will find that soo repulsive. Really. If it was my wedding, i'd have asked her to leave and put a blanket over hear head.

Its strange though how this dancing is known as "Egyptian Belly Dancing", and yet, i don't know anyone egyptian who even finds this acceptable. It means we have a complex about our own "Egyptian" customs and culture.
  • I have looked and researched for some egyptian weddings!
    and i have seen bad ones and good ones!

here is the good one!
  • You know Mira, belly dancing is not our culture. It has nothing to do with Coptic culture. You know why?

We are from the pharoahs. The pharoahs had dancing. THere is even pictures in the tombs of the pharoahs showing people dancing. So, how do we know that belly dancing wasnt from the time of the pharoahs, and yet imported into Egypt from Islamic Turkey/Ottomans??

Because, in every picture where there is dancing, people are dancing together - holding hands. EVERY PICTURE! Check em out!

So, if we are copts, and we had our own culture, most likely what we had stemmed from our Pharaonic grandfathers who danced together. The fact that such dances involved holding hands, means one thing: IT WASNT BELLY DANCING they were doing!!
  • there are belly dancing that people hold hands!
    and i am talking about egyptian stlye weddings!

• How ?? In egypt today, men and woman don't even shake hands!! ANd so, they'll dance together and then hold hands?!! When they're dancing??

???

• Yes!
    This is an egyptian wedding i am talking about, with the right music (there is no unappropiate music in egypt, because the singers care about the culture).

All weddings, celebrations, birthdays, newborns, engagments, people dance togather and hold hands!

I wish I can upload my brother's wedding, so you can see what i am talking about!

Again, i realy think it depends on what is in the heart!

The last link I pasted was more like what i am trying to explain!
    Old fashion wedding, with dancing that is appropiate!
    However, the first link that i pasted and i deleted it, ( in vas's reply when he quoted me, before i delete it) was bad!

I mean the woman, had barely cloth on, and even the cloth she had on was coming apart!

I really wish somebody who live in egypt would answer me, because i am sure they go to wedding celebrations about the church!

My theory is, people who live outside of egypt forgot what a wedding celebratin is egyptian style! because the country they live in made them updated with the new tradition and stuff...!! ( i am not offending anyone here! but this is a theory!)
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4624;start=60#msg63769 date=1164305086]
    I have looked and researched for some egyptian weddings!
    and i have seen bad ones and good ones!

here is the good one!

As i tried the link, it didn't work!

so try this one

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=egyptian+wedding

click on the first video you see where it says "egyptian weddings"
  • Yeah, i was there this year in Egypt, and i can tell u this:

Men and women don't shake hands - especially if they are wearing hijab.

The only celebration people do is a "Zafa" with a "Zafa band" : 20 grown adults wearing red waistcoats, playing middle eastern musical instruments.

If u even DARE to hold a girl's hand in egypt in public its a crime. So , how then can holding hands in a wedding be OK?
  • dancing silly
  • im saying that if in general life in Egypt, people don't even shake hands between man and woman, do u think then that they'll dance with one another holding hands??

• it is different situations vas,
    Two strangers CAN NOT dance with eachother infront of their families! and they can NOT hold hands in the streets, they can but the girl's reputation will look bad!

When there is a celebration, and there is family around! then there is no problem!
    For example;
    I dance with my cousines (men)! with my uncles! with my brothers, however; not with compelte strangers!
  • Mira,
    I have a problem.
    I want to tell u that you are right, and i am wrong; but the only problem is, i'm never wrong. So, what can i do?? its a hard situation to be in.

So, now, that puts me in a dilema. Are u sure u don't want to re-consider your argument and agree with me?

It will be the like the Iraqi war... a lot of bloodshed, and people who they are right killing each other.

• vas,

I LOVE DANCING! it makes me move my body and take my flexability to the next level! Which is pretty awesome! And yes i have done cheerleading! and i love it! it is art!

Like guys that love to shoot hoops or go to the gym or play whatever they play for a hobby! they do it for fun, they do it to release stress, they do it to take out their energy, etc...... ( so am I, I do dancing because it is the major thing I like doing)

It is like you and going to the gym, YOU CAN NOT STAY ONE DAY WITHOUT GOING TO THE GYM CAN YOU?? you might feel that your muscles are taking a break!

Belly dancing is like a routine exercise, it stretchs the apps Muscles, and your legs, and your waist! it is amazing!

and i am not talking about the woman that is in the link i copyed! NO NO NO she might have just danced naked!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4624;start=75#msg63784 date=1164316075]
    I LOVE DANCING! it makes me move my body and take my flexability to the next level! Which is pretty awesome! And yes i have done cheerleading! and i love it! it is art!

creation of LUST!, you dance like that in front of any guy and he'll be checking you out for sure, coz all your doing is shaking your body and that captures any persons eye.

dance all you like, but just be wary of whose watching and where you dancing

i personally dont agree with bellydancing or cheerleading but obvioulsy you think otherwise, its your life not mine and your call

• I am going to lock this topic, because I realy do NOT feel like arguing!

so catch you later, catch!