Handling Grief

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
How do you/anyone Deal with Grief???

Grief as in Family Death, especially if it was 2 death that are not even 6 months apart!

We are all going to die soon or later! And just like we started by being dust, we are going to end being Dust!

However, My question is......

What is the Coptic Orthodox Church say about Grief? and how do we handle Grief?

bentBABAyasooa

NOTE:- THIS IS A PERSONAL TOPIC TO ME, AND IF YOU ARE GOING TO REPLY I AM NOT GOING TO SAY "PLEASE BE RESPECTFULL" I AM GOING TO SAY...... YOU HAVE TO BE RESPECTFULL!!

Comments

• Well theres Lots of verses in the Bible relating to grief, but my favourite is one of the beatitudes:

Matthew 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.

Condraticting, isn't it ?

Well lets first define blessing. A blessing is a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness [dictionary.com].

What this verse is saying is that being upset, makes you happy.. ??? doesn't make much sence yet.. hehe let me explain.

When we are down and upset it is chance for us to be comforted by God, and there is nothing more beautiful than that ! If we were happy all the time and everything was going fine, then we would never get the chance to feel God come inside us, and plant a seed of joy in our hearts.

you should listen to this series of sermons by Fr. Anthony Messeh.. They're great. one of them is where I got all that from ! heres the link :
    http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=59&Itemid=26
  • Thank you!

It is Wonderfull!

I honestly Love it!

bentBABAyasooa