Priests and liturgy

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
which priests have u heard during liturgy's and thought they realy have a nice voice? I love abouna yousef asaad, abouna boula malek and abouna sa3aweris from egypt.

feel free to list any others and if you have links to their liturgy's then that would be great.

have a good day guys

God Bless

Comments

• Abouna Anastasi St. Antony, the current abbot of St. Antony Monastery in So. Ca. You can find his liturgies on coptichymns.net... he sounds like an angel! I also like Fr. Filemon Mikhail from Archangel Michael (OC). Either way, the liturgy is our way of getting a glimpse of Heaven and we should be so grateful to partake in its blessings (paraphrased from Bishop Angelos' lecture on the Liturgy)
  • Abouna Mina Michael from Anba Bishoy's church in Melbourne has the voice of an angel, but i have to say he sounds soooo much better when he uses the long tune and not the broing fast tune.
  • I think abouna Abraham Wassef of St. Mina Holmdel NJ and abouna Dawood from St. George in Broklyn and the Higher Institute in specific this link the Cyril liturgy http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Divine_Liturgies/Higher_Institute_of_Coptic_Studies,_Liturgy_of_St._Cyril_in_Coptic.html and bishops i think Bishop David has a great voice and says it nice and slow also Bishop Youannes secretary for the pope and Bishop Angelos
  • yeh Abouna Boula Melek has a gr8 voice so does Fr Marcos George.. duno where he is from just heard a tape.. Fr Paula Balamon from sydney! :P gr888 voice!! as copt4eva sed tho.. when he does the long tune not the fast boring 1 ;)

God Bless
  • Abouna Mosa (sorry i don't know his last name) from el fayoom, and Abouna Shenouda Halim (passed away in 99, he built St. Mina Holmdel, nj). I think st. mina holmdel website have a liturgy for him.

Abouna Yacob Ghaly (He was one of the three deacons that did most of el anba rewase tapes, el agpya, etc...) and last be not least, Abouna Youhanna Abadeer.
  • Abona antonuos, from St. Athanasious Church in Seaof Alexandria, Egypt. He has strong voice ( not trying to jenix him or anything!)

Abona Rewis Meshreki, from St. Mary in 3'obreial, Alex. Egypt. His voice is full of saddnes, especial in the part of "genainaa......... genaiaainaa........... Erhaaaaamnaa....... Erhaaa`aaamnaaa............... etc...." His voice and the style he uses in liturgies espcial the Erhamna hymn....... Makes you regret every sin you have done in your life and cry your eyes out!!

Abona Shenoda Meshreki (They are brothers), from St. Mary in 3'obrial Alex., Egypt. His voice is full of simpilicty and kindness..... wow.........!!

I would post websites for their literguies; however, I only have them on casets! I haven't seen any on-line!
    Sorry!

Pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • yeah im from holmdel nj and abouna shenoude halem tawfik did buid it himself and he was a greeat priest.
  • yeah im from holmdel nj and abouna shenoude halem tawfik did buid it himself and he was a greeat priest.

i used to go to holmdel until the accident and then i couldn't anymore, he was my foc... i now go to upstate.

do they still have his picture at the entrance or did they take it out? how are they doing with the new building??
  • yes the still have the picture the building is great we got the alters concecrated and we have a new church/chapel not consecrated yet
  • so they built a new building?? or r u talking about the same "kaa3a" as abouna Shenouda used to called it?
  • no if u remeber well the farm bye it was our land that had a little farm house they built the inside of it as a church and named it st. mary and the martyrs of Akmeem and we have a lot of relics of the martyrs

come and visit my name is mark tawfik just ask for me everybody knows me maybe ill see

GBU

P4M

• The two priest in my mind with great voices are
    Abouna Antonious who formerly wasa priest at Saint Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in East Brunswick, NJ
    Abouna Ibrahim of Saint Mina's Coptic Orthodox Church of Holmdel Nj

Also General Bishop Apakir has the greatest voice i have heard

Also let us remember that the voice of the priest or bishop is not a very important quialty.  Pope Kyrillos VI did not have a good voice when he celebrated the liturgy but you knew that when he was celebrating the liturgy he was really praying with his whole heart.
  • Abouna Boula Melek......nuff said
  • Fr. Antonios Tanios is the best at English liturgies and no one can deny that.
    For arabic and Coptic the is many ones that you don't even know about.
  • i like Fr. Saweros Morcos,Fr. Antonis Saad from alex,Fr. Yohanna Nassef (priest of st. Mark cathedral in alex).
    anba Rafael, Anba Andrawis, Fr. Yossef Zaki, Fr. Serafim Hanna

sorry for the long list but they are really amazing
  • Im sorry but it is def abouna antonious tanious and abouna bishoy dimitrious http://www.saint-mary.net/hymnology/divine_liturgies/st_gregory/ they are the first two priest listed....
  • [quote author=markoc pi apostolo link=topic=4602.msg62949#msg62949 date=1163023660]
    I think abouna Abraham Wassef of St. Mina Holmdel NJ
    ha thats my abouna
    i love him
  • Fr. Dawood Bebawy--St. George & St. Shenouda in Jersey City, NJ

--> One of the most powerful, beautiful voices I have ever heard.  :)
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=4602.msg103203#msg103203 date=1242600845]
    Fr. Dawood Bebawy--St. George & St. Shenouda in Jersey City, NJ

--> One of the most powerful, beautiful voices I have ever heard.  :)

Do you know where I can find any recordings for him?
    I would mainly like a liturgy..
  • Sorry! I just saw this now:

http://stshenoudajc.org/index.php/Fr.-David-Bebawy/View-category.html

He has three liturgies there
  • my all time favorite is Abouna Abdelmessih Morcos. his voice is simply amazing and powerful.
    there are 2 liturgies on this website: http://www.traneem.org/Liturgies%20Fr.%20Abdelmaseh%20Al%20Aksoury.htm
    just right click on both links(arabic) and save as

God Bless!