4 Gospel reponses for Kiahk Sundays

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear All,
I found that the Gospel responses for Kihak are 4 not 2, the other 2 are recorded by Cantor Gad.

one for the 1st sunday starts with [coptic]A Poc ouwrp[/coptic]
and the other for the 4th sunday starts with [coptic]Elicabet acmici [/coptic]

Check
http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/alhan/downloads.asp?dl=SubCat&scid=106&dcid=28

Comments

• you are right but the simple is that there two only. and there is a recording of them on the HICS catagory on here (tasbeha.org).
  • The 2 gospel responses are the "populair practise".

However, even HICS recorded 4 Gospel responses, so it really is an "official" response. The problem is that its not written in any Hymns book except the new one by Albair.
    Same goes for the "Mohayyar" of kiahk (ie [coptic]Pa=o=c[/coptic])

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Higher_Institute_of_Coptic_Studies/Part_4.html

It's quit logic when u think about it. THe first sunday's reading in Kiahk is about the annunciation of the birth of st John the Baptist so consequently the Gospel response speaks about Angel Gabriel announcing the news to Zacharias.

The second week is the Annunciation of the birth of Christ, so we say the known response "Ten ti ne empi shere tismos" (ie we greet you with Gabriel).

The third week is about the visit of St Mary to Elisabet, so we say "Tenchisi emmo".

The fourth week is about the birth of St John, so we say "Elisabet asmisi in oushiri" (ie Elisabet gave birth to a child).

The readings of the Paramoun of Nativity and the feast of the Nativity talk about the birth of Christ / the angels praising / the shepperds (Paramoun readings) and the Eternal birth of the word/the visit of the Magi (Christmas readings).

Also both the generation lists from the gospel of Matthew and Luke are read (one on the paramoun, and one on the actual feast).
  • Here is the coptic txt for both the first and fourth week of Kiahk. The link for the audio has been given as well.

I encourage everyone to start introducing these forgotten responses in their own churches again, after getting approval from both priest and the deacons that are responsible for the hymns in your church.

It doesnt make sense to chant a response about the Announciation of the birth of Christ, after having read the story of the angel and Zacharias, rite? ??? ;)

First Sunday of Kiahk:

[coptic] `AP=o=c ouwrp `nGabriyl@ `ehiwis `nZa,ariac@ `m`pjinmici `nte I=w=a@ af`wli `m`psws `n`Elicabet.
    `K[oci `enipatriar,yc@ `ktai`yout `eni`provytyc@ je `mpeouon twnf qen nijinmici@ `nte nihi`omi ef`oni `mmok.
    Je `f`cmarwout...[/coptic]

Fourth Sunday of Kiahk:

[coptic] `Elicabet acmici `nousyri@ acmou] `e pefran je I=w=a@ Za,ariac piouyb@ avouwn `nrwf euhwc `eV].
    `Mpe ouon twnf qen nijinmici@ `nte nihiomi efoni `mmok@ `n;ok ounis] qen ny=e==;u tyrou@ I=w=a piref]wmc.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4540;start=0#msg62404 date=1161700105]
    Here is the coptic txt for both the first and fourth week of Kiahk. The link for the audio has been given as well.

I encourage everyone to start introducing these forgotten responses in their own churches again, after getting approval from both priest and the deacons that are responsible for the hymns in your church.

It doesnt make sense to chant a response about the Announciation of the birth of Christ, after having read the story of the angel and Zacharias, rite? ??? ;)

First Sunday of Kiahk:

[coptic] `AP=o=c ouwrp `nGabriyl@ `ehiwis `nZa,ariac@ `m`pjinmici `nte I=w=a@ af`wli `m`psws `n`Elicabet.
    `K[oci `enipatriar,yc@ `ktai`yout `eni`provytyc@ je `mpeouon twnf qen nijinmici@ `nte nihi`omi ef`oni `mmok.

Fourth Sunday of Kiahk:

[coptic] `Elicabet acmici `nousyri@ acmou] `e pefran je I=w=a@ Za,ariac piouyb@ avouwn `nrwf euhwc `eV].
    `Mpe ouon twnf qen nijinmici@ `nte nihiomi efoni `mmok@ `n;ok ounis] qen ny=e==;u tyrou@ I=w=a piref]wmc.

soon all the hymns for kiahk will be on the hymn libraryy
  • Yeah it is very logic to pray these gospel response by this arrangement.

So we will say the same gospel response for the entire week, till the next sunday we say the next reponse, right ?

Thank You very much...
  • ya bezabt