Church!!

2»

Comments

• hey no offense taken SIC, but u have to admit 30 deacons prasin god with cymbols and all in one accord, 1 mind, 1 body 1 soul, is pretty powerfull
  • eh, I guess u've got a point there :-\
  • but don't you think it would be more powerfull if 30 deacons, plus 30 other men from the congregation, plus 30 women sing will me a LOT more powerfull ;D
  • nah, im stickin with just 30 deacons ;D
  • for that verse, bishops have said over and over again that it does not apply to singing, just other church matters. and u have to look at wat was happening and y Paul was writing that
  • Exactly. In fact, ANba David encourages girls to lift up their voices and sing the hymsn in church. He believes that if you em, sing em.

sleepy
  • I agree with you guys, singing is really really important. If you can sing you should because its a great expression of your love to God by joining in entreating His mercy and praising Him. If we don't then we miss a great blessing.... 8)

God bless,

CS
  • Woohoo, we've found a third open-minded guy!!! Wow, the reasons why I love this site are growing by the minute...lol

sleepy
  • I'll be honest sleepy, this is not open mindedness, it is quite unorthodox to restrict people from worship in that way... Its is not just a right but an obligation that the whole congregation should involve themselves in worship not just the priest and deacons.

God bless,

CS
  • Yes it is open-mindedness for the fact that there are deacons who discriminate against girls and tell them to lower their voices during prayer...at least in my church anyway...
    So when we can find people such as yourself who do encourage girls to raise their voices in prayer it is open-minded. ;)

sleepy
  • WHAT??? Where are these deacons??? Lemmmie at em'. >:(
  • actually sleepy, its not just decons, its the congregation as well. a friend of mine was trying to steer the decons in the right direction, (the leaders werent there and it was all young decons and they were really going off) and then a lady in back of her tells her to be quiet and that she was the one that was wrong. how unfair was that?!
  • ouch that is not cool
  • Yea, I do know what you mean because ironically, it's happened from the priest's wife before, and she should be the one encouraging along with her husband.

sleepy
  • Hymns are to praise God with and we use song with them. That's why they are called "hymns" because they involve music, however, praises are the ones that should be spoken because they aren't meant to be sang.

sleepy