Shlomo, Salam for a syriac worshipper

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I am a syriac orthodox worshipper(from France, with ancestors in Syria , Lebanon and Alexandria), and I found that coptic hymnology is really a beautiful hymnology it is a great pleasure to discover so a very interesting and venerable tradition. ;)

Mshiho qom men beth mithe Massiah qam Pi Ekrhestos aftonf :D

The links between different oriental hymnologies are certainly a very interesting topic.

Comments

• you heard that vassilios? :P

Outsiders seem to appreciate our coptic hymns than our youth ;D

welcome to the site Ahikar :)
  • wow welcome ahikar sorry i dont know syrian stuff but i'm soo glad u like the oriental hymnologies i agree with u very very much!

how's france? lol so is syrian any where near arabic? do they sound kind of the same? i never heard syrian and i BET i wont understand it

i dont understand weird accents of arabic so how can i.. lol
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4495;start=0#msg61942 date=1160513185]
    you heard that vassilios? :P
    I second that

Welcome ahikar to the site :)
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=2;threadid=4495;start=0#msg62018 date=1160608421]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4495;start=0#msg61942 date=1160513185]
    you heard that vassilios? :P
    I second that

Welcome ahikar to the site :)

lol what did he say then tell me?
  • Syriac is an aramaic dialect close both to arabic and hebrew, it remains actually two dialects one called occidental spoken in Syria, Turkey and Lebanon and one called oriental spoken in Iraq and Iran(shlomo/shlama=shalom=salam).

In France, we have only one syriac orthodox church, at Montfermeil, in the suburb of Paris* near our coptic brothers(there is another one in Paris but syriac catholic one).

If you want to discover our hymnology we have one website(swedish) for example with samples of music.

http://www.syriacmusic.com

Were are not so rich as our copts or armenians brothers with important diasporas but the comunity is doing his best to keep the language , the hymnology and ecclesial traditions.

*already 70 comunities are living in the North of Paris and many orientals as armenians, syriacs, copts, chaldeans, jewish...and muslims too from North Africa or Turkey(Sarcelles, Clichy -sous-Bois...).

Now I am living in South West of France , in Aquitany, in a tiny town called Pau, where exists the most little coptic chapel in France and , maybe , I think in the world(Chapelle Copte Orthodoxe du Saint Baptiste).
    I am dicovering your liturgy and hymnology in copt and arabic with a great interest: what a beautiful treasury. :D

• am dicovering your liturgy and hymnology in copt and arabic with a great interest: what a beautiful treasury.

wow i'm really glad you liked it, maybe if you have a quiry you should ask PrincessMary lol she's the hymns expert