ramadan ( muslim holy month!)

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey guys,
let's talk about our favorite sujbect " ramadan karim" ahhahahahahaha........... so what about ramadan???
what is he? who is he??? and what is the muslim moth of ramadan!!"
who in the heck is ramadan????

why do they celebrate it like crazy, and for a whole month????

bentBABAyasooa`

Comments

• i have lived in egypt for the first 11 yrs in my life! and i have seen how crazy they celberate ramadan!!! but i never knew who is he? and i know they believe in mohamad! so where did ramadan came from???
    and why do they have muslim months???

I KNOW THEIR RELIGION IS NOT TRUE! AND THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD OUR SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST! AND I KNOW THE MUSLIM GENERATION ESPECIALLY IN EGYPT IS CRAZY!!!

but one thing kewl about ramadan....... is the shows they put on in t.v. for examply ( abd el halim series, and el cinderalla "soaad hosni", and new movies, and kewl songs!!') that is the only good thing i like about ramadan!!

but how is related to the muslim religion????

just curious that is all!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • Ramadan is just the name of the month on the islamic calender, i think they think it is the month were muhamad got his "prophetic call" from angel gabriel and was dictated the koraan, so thats why they fast the whole month, they r supposed to fast without food or drink till 5 pm and then after that they can eat whatever they like

they have muslim months that started i think when Muhammad went to Meca or something, you know to make them distinct, just like we use our calender based on the birth of Christ (Jan 1)...they always use it in schools in egypt especially in arabic classes they make sure you write the muslim date ( el sana el hegreya) as well as the traditional calendar

• so what about ramadan???
    what is he? who is he???

I used to go to school with him; "what" he was only God knows.
  • Hello all,

I doubt that there is ONE Coptic Christian person here who has not suffered directly or indirectly as a Coptic Christian from Islam. But I still believe that its important to respect other people's faiths, even though their faith has hurt us. I think we can dislike a religion without going over the top and ridiculing it.

Im not defending Islam in any way, but im defending any muslim's feelings that may come across this site and see these comments.

When i hear about how my own family suffered greatly in Islamic Egypt, and how bad they were treated as Christians, its easy to grow to hate Islam; and i feel the expression of that hatred can lead to things being said that will genuinely offend muslims, which would be wrong.

In Islam, many muslims are taught to hate Jews. They are taught to hate. if you don't believe me, check this out
    and especially this one: (((very very disturbing)))

This is a very shocking video.

Lets not go down this road as they have with jews. Please. We are more than this, and hatred has no place in the heart of any Christian.
  • mira dont get me STARTED about ramadan..remember yesterday?!?! hahaha! lol
  • Although the copts have suffered greatly in the hands of muslims, I dont think its right to make fun of their faith. Remember, they are like all of us humans whome God loves. They are our brethren, remember that they are just confused and do not know the true God. But in truth we are all the Children of God and he loves the kindest most devoted christian just as much as he loves the worst most evil muslim.
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=0#msg61421 date=1159672932]

so what about ramadan???
    what is he? who is he???

I used to go to school with him; "what" he was only God knows.

hahahaha...........what? Iqbal i don't think ur that old!! hahhahaa.........

and when i said "crazy" i meant like.......... how careing they are when they celebrate it, and how much they do! that as in crazy as in insane! not " as crazy crazy as in crazy!!"
    hahahahaa........... i hope u understood wht i am saying!!
    cuz i don't!! ahahahaha............ kidding!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • hahahaha...........what? Iqbal i don't think ur that old!! hahhahaa.........

Trust me, Ramadan and I go way back...back in the day it was just me Ramadan, Hajj, and Shehata...we were a good bunch, a behaved bunch, a popular bunch.
  • [quote/]
    Quote:
    hahahaha...........what? Iqbal i don't think ur that old!! hahhahaa.........

Trust me, Ramadan and I go way back...back in the day it was just me Ramadan, Hajj, and Shehata...we were a good bunch, a behaved bunch, a popular bunch.
    [quote/]

ok.....
    hahahhahaaha............ but i don't think it is THE RAMADAN of the RAMADAN month!!

i still think it is funny..........
    hahahahahhahaa....................... ( sorry, no offense iqbal)

at first the muslims used to say.... "ramadan karieam" but now on t.v. they say...... " ramadan menawar"!!!
    everytime my dad sees somen that insults the christians on t.v. especialy during ramadan........ he'd say " howa dah ramadan?!!........... allah....! dah ramdan kaream awy,..... "
    hahahahhahahahaha...........

bentBABAyasooa`
  • at first the muslims used to say.... "ramadan karieam" but now on t.v. they say...... " ramadan menawar"!!!

Kariaem was Ramadan's last name, it was too Muslim for him so he changed it to Menawar down at the post office. It only cost him 95 dollars, really.
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=0#msg61417 date=1159668052]
    hey guys,
    let's talk about our favorite sujbect " ramadan karim" ahhahahahahaha........... so what about ramadan???
    what is he? who is he??? and what is the muslim moth of ramadan!!"
    who in the heck is ramadan????

why do they celebrate it like crazy, and for a whole month????

bentBABAyasooa`

Is Ramdan "Muslim month"? - or is it from the old Arab calendar, used long before Islam ???

Muslims consider it holy because it was the time when Muhammad was visited by an angel (2 Corinthians 11:14) and was taught a different Gospel to the one revealed by the Apostles (Galatians 1:8) and because of this became considered a prophet of God (Matthew 24:24).

They remember the poor during this month by fasting from sunrise to sunset.

If you mean a guy called Ramadan, he used to teach my law class in school.

Where did you go to school Iqbal? Maybe its the same guy :P
  • Guys,
    Let's not forget this tasbeha.org is one of the most respected Coptic Orthodox sites in the net and has the Church's stamp on it.

I respect your opinions, and i know you are all respectful and caring individuals, but let's be careful on this subject.

If it was a closed chat room, etc.. fine.. but we have guests from other faiths too that may come here.

Take care
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=0#msg61501 date=1159806130]

at first the muslims used to say.... "ramadan karieam" but now on t.v. they say...... " ramadan menawar"!!!

Kariaem was Ramadan's last name, it was too Muslim for him so he changed it to Menawar down at the post office. It only cost him 95 dollars, really.

hahahahaha...........
    now i know for sure ur kidding Iqbal! ;D

but seriously.... no one realy answered my questions!!!!

dude (vas)...... u-know they (muslims) make fun and come up with jokes on the christians....!!! there is one joke i know " once a man went to abona and told him "hey abona abona.... i made a sine" so abona told him go light a candel and he did, so the next week he came again to abona and said "abona abona i made 2 sins...." so abona told him it is ok... may god forgive u and go light 2 candels and the man did. so the week #3 the man came to abona again... and told him " abona abona i made 3 sins" so abona told him it is ok son.. may god forgive u and go light 3 candles and the man did......!! week #4 the man went to abona and said to abona" abona abona.... i made alot of sins..." so abona told him it is ok son... may god forgive u... .go wall3 el kenesa kollah!! ( go burn the whole church)!!
    see.................

and there is another one that says.........
    once there were abona and a shiekh went fishing.... and both sat for hrs and nothing came out!! so abona made the cross and said " in the name of father and the son and the holy spirit one god amen!" and a fish came out..... so the shiekh asked abona "hey? how did u do that??" and abona told him...."just do the cross sign and say in the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit one god amen!." so the sheikh did sooo and a fish came out then he said "besm ellah el rahman el raheam..." and the fish went back inside the water!

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha............

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=0#msg61530 date=1159844010]

Ye they did. You asked who Ramadan was. Iqbal started joking because Ramadan is not a "he" - its an it. Its a bit like asking "who is Lent?" :P

Princess Mary and other ppl explained that they consider it holy because it was when Muhammad received his first message from the angel Gabriel (supposedly).

So they did answer your question ;)
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=0#msg61534 date=1159868363]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=0#msg61530 date=1159844010]

Ye they did. You asked who Ramadan was. Iqbal started joking because Ramadan is not a "he" - its an it. Its a bit like asking "who is Lent?" :P

Princess Mary and other ppl explained that they consider it holy because it was when Muhammad received his first message from the angel Gabriel (supposedly).

So they did answer your question ;)

oooooooooooo............... wht was i thining!!
    hahahahaa.............. sorry i was half asleep !!!
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • u r soooo funny guys

ramadan what do you wanna know bout it? u lived in egypt 11yrs and what you saw is what it is nothing else and in Islam no-one is allowed in their community to get up and ask why do we fast ramadan they are not allowed to discuss anything because most questions have no answers ha

they sometimes'd kill anyone who causes muslims to reason among themselves what is islam really

jokes r nice and no offense cos all religions n all nationalities joke too just u don need to hurt ur brain with thinking bout nothing that has no 1mm proof! and from top to bottom it's nonesense because their allah does not exist

we say allah as saying 'God' in english and romans used to call the things they worship 'Gods' so when muslims say allah they dont mean the one true god the holy trinity they mean their 'god' whatever material and rules that 'god' is made of in their imagination
  • ya except abouna zachariah isn't really a priest at all...and he is known to make a lot of statements about islam...and where did that get him...ya that's right out of the coptic church.
    Honestly guys...you are more mature than that, just have some respect for them so they can have some respect for us.
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=15#msg61965 date=1160533911]
    ya except abouna zachariah isn't really a priest at all...and he is known to make a lot of statements about islam...and where did that get him...ya that's right out of the coptic church.
    Honestly guys...you are more mature than that, just have some respect for them so they can have some respect for us.

I don't believe anyone disrespected them. You need to take it easy. It's your concern whether you like abouna zachariah or not. Besides, the story I mentioned is in fact in there, I can't seem to make out how it's disrespectful to state what's merely fact...
  • lool...i wasn't talking about u aslan so chill...i was talking about the whole topic in general.
    I don't like or dislike "abouna" zachariah...i am just stating a fact that he isn't a priest
  • lol, in either case, I'm very chilled.

hmm..I actually was not aware of that. May I ask where it states that he's excommunicated? I just hear a lot of clergymen making refrences to him so I didn't think he wasn't part of the church or anything.
  • There was a topic a while back that had a site where a sermon by I think Bishop Moussa where he mentioned that he was excommunicated and the reason...anyway I am going to try to find it...
  • Oh okay, thanks.
  • Ok here is the website and it's acutally a sermon by Bishop Bishoy...unfortunately the website is in arabic and so is the sermon...I can translate bits and pieces of it but not the whole thing because it's quite long...
    http://st-takla.org/FAQ-Questions-VS-Answers/04-Questions-Related-to-Spiritual-Issues__Ro7eyat-3amma/021-Resignation-of-Abouna-Father-Zakaria-Botros.html
  • RAMADAN

When It Happens   
    Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar, which is based on the moon. The western dates of the holiday move up about 10 days every year. In 2006, Ramadan began on September 23rd and will end on October 22nd.

Significance   
    The Quran was first revealed to Prophet Muhammad during the month of Ramadan. The month is a special time of worship, Quran reading, charitable acts, and individual reflection and purification.

Main Quranic Source   
    "Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein" (2:185).

What's Prohibited   •
    Eating and drinking from dawn to sunset
    • Sexual activity during those hours
    • Smoking during those hours
    • Using profane language
    • Backbiting (speaking ill of others) is also discouraged

Why the Fast   
    Among many reasons, Muslims fast to heighten spirituality and practice self-restraint, as the Quran states, "O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may [learn] self-restraint" (2:183).

Who Should Fast   
    All Muslims who have reached puberty are required to fast. Exceptions include men and women who are too old to fast, those who are too ill, women in the advanced stages of pregnancy, and women who are menstruating.

Other Requirements   •
    Five daily prayers must be offered for that day's fast to have meaning
    • Reading the entire Quran during the month is strongly recommended
    • The recitation of the Taraweeh prayer, or Night prayer following the 'Isha prayer, the obligatory fifth daily prayer, is strongly recommended

Important Meals   •
    Suhur, the meal before daybreak

• Iftar, the meal after sunset, eaten as soon as possible after the sun sets

End of the Fast   
    Each day's fast is broken with water and dates before the prayers and Iftar, the evening meal.

The Night of Power   
    Laylat Al Qadr, or the Night of Power, occurs on the night of one of the odd days during the last ten days of Ramadan. It is widely believed to fall on the 27th day of Ramadan. This night is commemorated as the night Prophet Muhammad received the first revelation of the Quran. The Quran calls this night "better than a thousand months." Muslims spend the night in prayer and devotion.

End of the Month   
    Muslims celebrate the end of the fast with the joyous festival of Eid Al-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast. They attend special congregational prayers in the morning and greet each other with "Eid Mubarak," or "Holiday Blessings."

• wow tk,
    who did u learn all of that???
    thankx for replying i like ur answer v. much!

and abona zakaria has his own website.....

fatherzakaria.org

and if abona zakaria is not an abona? then whey all the paper and the magazine we get call him abona??? wow...........they must be not update!!
    abona zakaria is abona and he does NOT live in egypt, so he won't get killed!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • he does NOT live in egypt, so he won't get killed!

bentBABAyasooa`

ha just becoz he doesnt live in egypt? terrorists grow up in america then get trained n go murder lol

and abouna was 'officially' excommunicated in egypt cos he was preaching christianity to muslims and finding the truth about islam so muslims in egypt asked the pope 'shenoda' to tell him to stop and as a called preacher of christ Abouna Zacharia won't give up cos of fear like u saw with st paul n st peter who preached till the last day of their lives

the islamic groups sought to kill abouna and'd even kill some other innocent christians as a threat so abouna zacharia was told not to go to egypt again or he'll be killed and was told in egypt that he does not belong to the coptic church anymore so we cant stop him

this way muslims might kinda give up and i heared abouna lives somewhere in US, may be Canada

but abouna zacharia did NOTHING wrong as far as i know, he just explained the true religion to people whose hearts n eyes n ears were opened
    so not just cos the word 'excommunicated' came along we'd say abouna is not abouna without knowing anything in detail

GBU
  • i respect abona zakaria v. much, and i still don't see he is doning anything wrong.......... he is just explaning the muslim's koran, and the muslims tried to find the smallest wrong thing in the bible but they couldn't find nothing!!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • Well maybe you need to read what's in the website without actually giving fact. He is in fact excommunicated and not just because of the way he "preach". His teachings fall under the protestant ideas. The way he preach is not the way a priest should preach, not just because he studied the quran, then it will be ok for him going around teaching muslims what they got wrong. If you convert to another religion, it's because you studied that religion not because someone is preaching you about your own religion. If he really wanted to preach, he could have easily done that in showing an example of what true Christinity is all about.
    About the protestant teachings he has and the main reason for his excommunincation, it's written in that website if anyone is interested.
  • Thanks Marianne..and no worries, mafeesh mashakil bil 3araby..it's actually preferable.
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=4452;start=15#msg62017 date=1160608187]
    Well maybe you need to read what's in the website without actually giving fact. He is in fact excommunicated and not just because of the way he "preach". His teachings fall under the protestant ideas. The way he preach is not the way a priest should preach, not just because he studied the quran, then it will be ok for him going around teaching muslims what they got wrong. If you convert to another religion, it's because you studied that religion not because someone is preaching you about your own religion. If he really wanted to preach, he could have easily done that in showing an example of what true Christinity is all about.
    About the protestant teachings he has and the main reason for his excommunincation, it's written in that website if anyone is interested.

so what now? do u want me to go throw rocks at him????

abona zakria i respcet him, whether he was prostant, babtisied, catholic, greek orthodox, whatever!!!

bentBABAyasooa`