Marriage within our Church

Comments

• oh kristina we dont need attitude! especialllllly bentbabayasooa trust me that girl got her own! haha u see now she wont be like uhhh excuse mee mmhmm whatcha say u think u better huh huh??! shes gonna be like lol haha ull see my dark side or somethin she knos im jokin u gotta take jokes accept them !
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=15#msg61352 date=1159453378]
    im wit u kris123, valla boy ur gonna end up lonely n deprived of marriage unless bentaboom wants ya lol

ya anisa/madam/ostaza... listen ya mamma....
    i am not gonna even bother arguing with u either... cuz for many reasons like i said them before for el okhet kristina123!!
    i only have one thing to say to you ya ostaza

rabana yesamheak for what u said..!!

and by the way... my name is spelled like that..... watch and learn..... k? b-e-n-t-B-A-B-A-y-a-s-o-o-a`
    not bentboom!! rabana yesmheak!

pray for me....
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=marmara327 link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=45#msg61383 date=1159489023]
    oh kristina we dont need attitude! especialllllly bentbabayasooa trust me that girl got her own! haha u see now she wont be like uhhh excuse mee mmhmm whatcha say u think u better huh huh??! shes gonna be like lol haha ull see my dark side or somethin she knos im jokin u gotta take jokes accept them !

maramar327 i am sooo gonna attack u when i see you!!
    hahahahha......... :-*
    love ya mary!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=45#msg61385 date=1159489482]
    [quote author=marmara327 link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=45#msg61383 date=1159489023]
    oh kristina we dont need attitude! especialllllly bentbabayasooa trust me that girl got her own! haha u see now she wont be like uhhh excuse mee mmhmm whatcha say u think u better huh huh??! shes gonna be like lol haha ull see my dark side or somethin she knos im jokin u gotta take jokes accept them !

maramar327 i am sooo gonna attack u when i see you!!
    hahahahha......... :-*
    love ya mary!

bentBABAyasooa`

haha i loveee u tooo mira! :-*
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=45#msg61379 date=1159485756]
    Vassilios, je pense que en France il y a un autre probleme, les filles coptiques aime les hommes francais parce que ils ont des yeux bleu ou vert pas comme les hommes egyptien :P

just off topic...i totally love it when you write in french princessmary....lol that's the only way i get to read french...lol

ok now go back to fighting ;D

• madam bentBABAyasooa, im sorry for callin u bentaboom , i didnt realli read ur username properly n misinterpreted it , sorry again, btw thankx for the spellin lesson lol
    may the lord bless ya n keep ya
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=45#msg61394 date=1159497388]

madam bentBABAyasooa, im sorry for callin u bentaboom , i didnt realli read ur username properly n misinterpreted it , sorry again, btw thankx for the spellin lesson lol
    may the lord bless ya n keep ya

any-time ;)
    :D
  • glad that is over........

ok vassilios..........

speaking of el moheam ... back to ur question about el shabka!
    if love exsits between any couples (of course marriage relationship) then money won't find a way in...! cuz money can buy gurls shabka...and can buy houses and palaces! but there are stuff that money can NOT buy in relationship #1 love #2 happiness #3 family (offsprings i mean) and in religous life money can NOT buy salvation!
    so........ in my opinion...!! money and shabka should NOT be a big deal to any couples planning in getting married! cuz if there is strong love in the relationship then money WON'T be needed!!!
    and big shabka won't be need as well........ all u need is just 2 rings! and that is it! cuz that is the primary thing for engagement! and it depends on what kind of a gurl u fall in love with... it depends on her morals and her characteristics, personality! and sooo on...!!!
    that is in my opinion.....!!
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • I agree with you BentBabaYasoo3 about the whole shabka thing but there will always be materialistic people out there that r like "oh i must get a 50,000 ring i dont care if he pays for it the rest of his life" lol

Marianne, you sound so cute :), well here in america hardly anyone knows french, and i just know a tiny bit of french and there is no where to use it since no one here speaks it so if i get the chance i write something so at least i dont forget the few words that i know.....but i guess i will stick to english.... trying to understand Vassilio's french c'est un autre probleme!...i understand what he is saying but not word for word ;D

Vassilios, as for statistics of the coptic population around the world all i could find was this:

"There are 10.5 million global Copts, 9 million in Egypt alone. 500,000 are concentrated in New Jersey and California, with 10,000 living in New York City" (
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1326599/posts)

and i was just kidding about the french coptic girls leaving the coptic boys because of french having blue or green eyes ;)
  • Marianne, you sound so cute , well here in america hardly anyone knows french, and i just know a tiny bit of french and there is no where to use it since no one here speaks it so if i get the chance i write something so at least i dont forget the few words that i know.....but i guess i will stick to english.... trying to understand Vassilio's french c'est un autre probleme!...i understand what he is saying but not word for word

lol...i am in the same boat I don't get to talk or read it anymore...kinda hard when there is no one to practice it with :-\ ...and i didn't understand every word vassilios said either :-[(but i should thou...since i took close to 10 yrs of french)
  • Can someone please email me the video of Saint Mary's apparition in Zeitoun!!!!

http://www.zeitun-eg.net/
    click on the left side of the page on ZEITOUN GALLERY
    first bullet on the page
    the rest are articles
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61466 date=1159782985]

My suggestion is, try wearing some nice perfume, nice dresses, smile a lot ... don't be sarcastic... voila.
    Ya3ni don't smile too much so you look stupid, that scares guys off ... we'll be like "Oh man, she's weired". ... but smile a bit more than usual.. not too much perfume so you destroy the ozone layer, but enough so that it covers any bad smells you could have picked up in cooking molokhaya or biddingan...

Also, try to stay in shape... a lot of comments i hear from Coptic guys is : "why o why do coptic girls , after marriage, get soo big" ?? They are soo meluzzluzzeen.

have u been working for opra or somen??? hahahahhahahahaa................

but u-know
    even if we stay pretty and nice and sweet and smeling like roses in the mid-spring and we put on a nice smile, and stay in shape and look good better than jessica simpson, and put a nice dress but not to showy! sometimes all of that won't be enough cuz u guys can sometimes be a pain in the behind, and nothing we do satiisfies you! and u would just wanna argue and fight about just anything and no matter how much us gurls" nakhodakom alla alookom" u still act childish! u don't appriciate what gurls do for you, and even if u saw that u don't appriciate it everyday! and an advice for the future alawys make gurls rgt, no matter how wrong they are make them feel rgt, and don't liet to them either!! and don't stand them up for a date! that is the gurls job not urs!
    (sorry, i just had an arrgument with my finece`! and now that is how i truely feel about u guys!!"
    no offense!
    bentBABAyasoa`
  • hello to all posters on this thread;

i wasnt going to post any more replies but......

i must say

are you being serious???

is this for real??

or are you having us on??

Kristina123
  • [glow=green,2,300]But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.[/glow] (2Timothy 2:16)

[glow=red,2,300]But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.[/glow] (Matthew 12:36)

Love Love Love Love
    The Gospel in a word is Love
    Love your neighbour as yourself
    Love Love Love

• "Judge and you shall not be judged"

Is that not also a verse from the Bible "His Son".

The topic is serious, but we are allowed some humour i think?

If u have any criticism about me or anyone, why not send me a private message? Was there not also a passage in the Bible where Our Lord says "Do not be teachers of one another"???

• [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61482 date=1159791724]
    Bentaboom,

tani???

hahahahhahahaa...............
    it is pretty funny laughing at u guys! seeing ur face when u come talking to a gurl's father, and when the father says he wants this and this and that......... ahahahhahahahaa.........!!!
    pretty funny to me!!
    hahaha.......... bas any-who!
    begad vas ur a hard person to understand! eventhough ppl tell me i am the queen of sense of humor, i have hard time understand u!!!
    how old r u???
    any-who......
    yes i think there should be some sense of humor in the times of seriousness! but not toooooooooooooooo much! but a little!
    haha.....
    so c-ya la8er alligator!
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61487 date=1159802320]
    Look,

Honestly, it started off serious, and it still is a serious topic. I just found some of the responses amusing. Ya3ni, its OK.. its no bad... lighten up.

U found me hard to udnerstand because u didnt know whether i was serious or joking?

The topic was serious, its just honestly, i could have really imagined some girl writing back complaining that boys arent paying attention to her dress neither her perfume... its so real, it was kinda funny. At least for me?!

i see.......
    it might be funny to guys, but it is not funny to gurls cuz me in person i wake up at 5 in the morning just to get ready and look pretty!! it is hard work! and it is funny how hard we try to get ur attention....... but if a guy truely cares about a gurl and he loves her from the bottom of his heart..... then he shouldn't care what she wears/her perfum/her make up/her hair! or whatever...... cuz he should fall in love with what is inside her not falling in love with her body and her outer appereance but her inner beauty is what should realy counts!
    see...........!!
    if strong love exsits between any boy and a gurl! then outter appearence should NOT count! true love is seeing what is inside a person and seeing his/her personality that u like! if someone married/relationship/engaged to someone based on their looks/money/family or whatever that is outter beauty then I WILL TELL U RGT NOW THAT THIS RELATIONSHIP WILL NOT WORK and won't go far!!

ooo........ and if someone married out side of the church there is a 95% that this relationship will FAIL and become a part!!!!! but if u married within the church then there is a less than 1% chance that the marriage will break! i got these facts from a physcologist that came to my church for a vist! if a relatoinship started rgt with christ in the middle ofcourse with parents premission then there is less than 1% it will end wrong! if it started wrong without christ and without parents presmission then a 95% will end wrong!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61489 date=1159803601]
    Precisely, you were 100% correct. Sayedna said the same thing. That its very rare that mixed culture marriages work out. So its a serious topic.

it is! however, there are some ppl in my church who left the orthodox church to get married to americans! and one of them he was a great great deacon and so was his father!!! and there are some ( americans) got babtisied and married coptic orthodox..... is this marriage gonna work out?? in my opinion noooooooooo!! and i don't know wht they are thinking!
    yeah... there are some american boys who are cute but how many of them are pure? i say v. little small percentage!!

[quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61489 date=1159803601]

But you have a fiance,so obviously, u are ok! lucky u... o3qbal the rest.

yes........ but i don't consider myself realy lucky for now... cuz we are arguing and i am mad at him and he know it and i am sure he is having the worest time of his life! cuz i am too!! :'(

guys, why would u get us mad at u????

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61496 date=1159804586]
    Hey Mira,

Can i give u some advice? Find a guy that's not interested in your size, your perfume, your height, etc...
    That's not the right attitude... its stupid. I just mentioned it because i feel :
    a) Its a shame for any Coptic girl who loves her church to end up marrying someone who will take her away from it,
    b) to make sure there are no excuses from a guy.

ture.......
    but wht do u mean by.... B) to make sure there are no excuses from a guy! ???
    [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=60#msg61496 date=1159804586]

I attended this seminar on relationships organised by the Catholic Church in France, and this gorgeous blonde woman comes on stage... she stands her there with a man in a wheel chair next to her.

The story is this: He's physically handicapped, and they've been married for 15 years with 5 kids. She married him when he was in the wheelchair.

The kids are all healthy, he's as happy as a bunny.

Yalla, take care,

that is wht i mean........by if true love exsitst then outter appearnece and what the person has (money,looks,family,free ticket to u.s., whtever) shouldn't count!! cuz all that matter is the inner beauty!!
    .....yeah!.....
    i mean.... i get alot that i am pretty, but ppl who told me that judged my outter beauty! they don't know what i am from the inside...! ( not that i am ugly from inside or anything!!)
    and that blonde lady sees what is inside that wheel chair man.....!! i mean... my oldest bro is handicaped but he is married and has a wife... and a beautiful daughter!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • Yea I agree with you bentbabayasoo3 i think guys (at least most guys)...mostly what they care about is a girls looks and even if you dont put makeup on they still think ur pretty and not that its a bad thing....but they are annoying...they r all wierd....they dont look at the inner beauty as u say and look mostly at the outer....
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=75#msg61509 date=1159820052]
    PrincessMary,

Well.. now, what's wrong with that?? Why blame us? May i quote from the Bible even concerning this comment that we are soo focused on looks??

Jacob (the son of Isaac) wanted to marry Rachel, why? Because she was the prettiest from her eldest sister. he got tricked into marrying the eldest (who had an eye problem - he didnt find her particularly attractive). He wanted the "cute" Rachel. He wanted to cute Rachel to the extent he worked 14 years on her father's land just to marry her!!!

Now jacob is my hero, and his son Joseph is one of the greatest men in the Holy Bible... and so being attracted to the physical appearance isnt so bad... after all , look at the fruit of their relationship.

Now, Bentbabayasoo3, i said that i dont want excuses from guys, i meant: I don't want a Coptic guy to look at a coptic girl and find ANY reason to want to marry outside the coptic Church. So, im saying, don't give them any excuse.. (use the perfume, use the nice dress etc...). And my reason being that , as with women, they get put off by the silliest of things... is it a sign of immaturity? Well... its hard to judge. Its not fair to tell someone "You'll be attracted after marriage!!" I appreciate that attraction is important.

Good luck to all of you!

He wasn't only attracted to her physical appearance. he also loved her, as the Bible says, "Now Jacob loved Rachel; so he said, "I will serve you seven years for Rachel you younger daughter." "
    Yes, he was attracted to her, but he also loved her.
  • Coptic men are marrying outside the Coptic Church let me know.

coptic men that marry outside the church are quite few, its more coptic girls marrying outside the church than guys, or at least from what ive seen
    why some coptic men dont marry outside the church, the mom tells the boy " ya ana ya heya" mat gebleesh wahda amrecaneya and expect her to be my daughter in law. this is true

why some marry outside the church, probably they cant find their match in church, marrying out of the church is not necessarily a bad thing, i know a few men that married americans that were catholic or another type of orthodox and got baptized in our church and got married, and let me tell u they r doing a lot better job in raising their kids, than some egyptian people are

of course there are some coptic boys that dont really care about the coptic church or raising their family in the coptic church so to them it doesnt matter whether they marry american or coptic
    and of course there are coptic boys (just from egypt) with no citizenship ya haram and so they marry american and end up with a divorce later

vassilios yes i think physical beauty is something important, but it should not be the MAIN thing
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=75#msg61505 date=1159811268]
    Yea I agree with you bentbabayasoo3 i think guys (at least most guys)...mostly what they care about is a girls looks and even if you dont put makeup on they still think ur pretty and not that its a bad thing....but they are annoying...they r all wierd....they dont look at the inner beauty as u say and look mostly at the outer....

it is not that easy to find a person that loves u for who u r and not what u have! .... :( or not to show off cuz he married a pretty gurl!

and i wanna know why is it sooooooooo hard to please u guys???!!! i mean we do everything that come to our minds... and u still don't notice or morelikely don't care! but one thing i know for sure that is if u like a gurl from the bottom of ur heart.......... her looks/what she wears shouldn't matter!! cuz u love her for her inner beauty!
    this is more like " don't judge a book by it's cover!" ;)
    and inner beauty includes manner/and morals! and character and personality!!!

vas,
    coptic gurls are not making guys to marry from outside of the church.... guys marry outside of the church while they know the consequences! we are not making u guys do anything! u do it on ur own cuz (no offense) enakoom zaygaa and don't like the asal and want fake...!! but however... there are love relationship inside the church and i pray to god that it works out just perfect!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • Guys and girls, I will tell you something from personal experience, in a relationship love is the most important thing that should be considered. By this I mean (ture love) ture love shouldn't be based on looks at all. Girls i know it is hard to please guys, I know that for sure, but believe me not all guys are hard to believe, also not all guys look at the outer looks and that's it. I'm not showing myself off or anything god knows, but I do love a girl from our coptic church from the bottom bottom bottom of my heart (she doesn't know that btw), believe me I have never ever looked at what she is wearing or anything at all, I just feel extremely happy just to see her and always feel that she different to all the girls i have ever knew. I'm telling you that she is still the girl that I love and will stay love even if she comes to church with a galabeya and doesn't put any makeup at all. But I have a question to girls here. I hope I just made points a lil bit more clear, guys who take a relationship or marriage coz of looks will definitely lose the interest for the girl after marraige coz they based their relationship on the looks of her. I do consider that as cheating on the girl, coz simply they say (oh hey I love you so much) but indeed they just love her looks and if (baad el sharr) she lost her beauty for any reason they would be the first one who will run away and leave her alone. GUYS I'm a guy but I'm telling you never judge girls according to their looks

Baladoos
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=75#msg61531 date=1159844682]
    Guys and girls, I will tell you something from personal experience, in a relationship love is the most important thing that should be considered. By this I mean (ture love) ture love shouldn't be based on looks at all. Girls i know it is hard to please guys, I know that for sure, but believe me not all guys are hard to believe, also not all guys look at the outer looks and that's it. I'm not showing myself off or anything god knows, but I do love a girl from our coptic church from the bottom bottom bottom of my heart (she doesn't know that btw), believe me I have never ever looked at what she is wearing or anything at all, I just feel extremely happy just to see her and always feel that she different to all the girls i have ever knew. I'm telling you that she is still the girl that I love and will stay love even if she comes to church with a galabeya and doesn't put any makeup at all. But I have a question to girls here. I hope I just made points a lil bit more clear, guys who take a relationship or marriage coz of looks will definitely lose the interest for the girl after marraige coz they based their relationship on the looks of her. I do consider that as cheating on the girl, coz simply they say (oh hey I love you so much) but indeed they just love her looks and if (baad el sharr) she lost her beauty for any reason they would be the first one who will run away and leave her alone. GUYS I'm a guy but I'm telling you never judge girls according to their looks

Baladoos

AMEN!
    hahahahaha........... Good Job baladoos u nailed it on the head brother!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I disagree with you.  Love is by far the most important thing.  Perhaps you should review 1 Corinthians 13 to see what the true meaning of love is.  If you love someone, then you, by default, respect and admire them.  People who divorce are not in love.  One of the characteristics of love is that it bears all things.  How can you say that people who divorce are willing to bear all things?  Clearly they are not, because they are willing to separate from each other to 'solve' the problem.  Now, God is Love, as St. John constantly emphasizes.  Now, if love is not important, then you are effectively saying that God is not important.  Without God we can do nothing.  We cannot even love.  Our relationship with Christ is certainly based on emotion since love is an emotion.  I do not see how you can separate and distinguish between love and respect, when the two are so intertwined that they are, in essence, the same thing.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=4444.msg72709#msg72709 date=1182178598]
    [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=4444.msg72707#msg72707 date=1182178420]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I disagree with you.  Love is by far the most important thing.  Perhaps you should review 1 Corinthians 13 to see what the true meaning of love is.  If you love someone, then you, by default, respect and admire them.  People who divorce are not in love.  One of the characteristics of love is that it bears all things.  How can you say that people who divorce are willing to bear all things?  Clearly they are not, because they are willing to separate from each other to 'solve' the problem.  Now, God is Love, as St. John constantly emphasizes.  Now, if love is not important, then you are effectively saying that God is not important.  Without God we can do nothing.  We cannot even love.  Our relationship with Christ is certainly based on emotion since love is an emotion.  I do not see how you can separate and distinguish between love and respect, when the two are so intertwined that they are, in essence, the same thing.

Im saying that we love God through respecting Him. Loving Him based on emotions is not solid enough. In fact, if you ask me, how arguments start between couples is that the devil plays with your emotions even.

i think both of you are right. it's just that one is leaning on love the most, and the other is leaning on respect most. the thing is that there is no 'most important in marriage or in our releationship with Christ. u have to have the right amount of all to have a right life with both, your spouse and with Jesus.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=4444.msg72715#msg72715 date=1182182852]
    No, I disagree. I think how we love should be at a spiritual level, as opposed to a "somatic" or emotional level.

Its imperative.

I think even a marriage between husband and wife should be spiritual love. I think it should be exemplary of the love Christ has for His Church.

What do you all think?

ur saying we should only love Christ on a "spiritual level"?!
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=4444.msg72718#msg72718 date=1182183501]
    God is Love and Spirit, He should be worshipped in Spirit and in Truth, not emotion. No where does it say to worship Him with emotion. The word used is "Truth".

To love someone in "truth" is a level of respect. If i were to lie to a friend of mine, for example, is that respecting his intelligence?? He should be worshiped in Spirit and in Truth". In fact that's not just my point of view either, Jesus Christ had also the same point of view as mine: look:

Jesus says in John 4:24, "God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." 

i don't thing the word "Love" can be mixed with the word "Worship". you can truly worship someone but not love them. Also how is spirit have no emotions. emotions control u in a way if u let it, even thoo ur supposed to control it to help u grow spiritually.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Either you love God and your spouse or you do not.  Love is an emotion.  There is no getting around that.  If you want to worship God without emotion, then you have to do so without love, without fear, without joy, without anything.  In other words, you would have to be a machine.  God 'possesses' emotions (if you will) because we possess emotions.  We are created in the image and likeness of God, so we are a reflection of God.  If God is love, and the source of love, then we must love if we are to be reflections of Him.  God wants us to have a relationship with Him, in the same way we have relationships with each other.  This can only be done through the manifestation of our emotions.  It is how we relate to each other.  We comfort each other when we are sad.  We dance and sing and celebrate with each other when we are happy.  We grow closer to each other when we love.  God has blessed us with the gift of feelings and emotions.  I cannot see how you could possibly have any relationship with anyone without them.