Introduction to the Gospel when the bishop is present

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi Guys
Please I'm in desparate need for the (introduction to the gospel when the bishop is present) by Cantor Ibrahim Ayad. By the way I mean only when the bishop is present not when the pope is present because I already have the one when the pope is present. If not ibrahim ayad please tell me about anyone else who recorded it and where I can find it.

Thanks

Comments

• [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4375;start=0#msg60189 date=1157321912]
    Hi Guys
    Please I'm in desparate need for the (introduction to the gospel when the bishop is present) by Cantor Ibrahim Ayad. By the way I mean only when the bishop is present not when the pope is present because I already have the one when the pope is present. If not ibrahim ayad please tell me about anyone else who recorded it and where I can find it.

Thanks

well it doesn't really make much difference because you still have to say the one for the pope.
  • Mina are you sure?? so when the bishop is present you say the one for the pope as well, like how cantor ibrahim ayad say it on the nativity liturgy on the cathedral?? but on the khedmet elshammas it says that the introduction to the gospel when the bishop is present is a lot smaller than that for the pope, so please tell me about what you think

Baladoos
  • well, the one yuo are talking about is really big and mostly they don't say it except in the feasts. ike you see in the live services. but normaly and when H.H. was here, we just say Marochasf fast. also any way, "he" says the gospel if he is praying the whole litrugy sooo.

Baladoos
    You said that you're just a starter in alhan. so i think all you have to do is learn the basic st Basil litrugy. as much as possible tho. don't go into all the long lhns, just basics to the point that you can do a litrugy by yourself with abouna.
  • Thanks a lot Mina, my question is now, can we say the one that ibrahim ayad says in feasts when the bishop is present only i.e pope is not present but only the bishop is present. If no, what do we say? and did Ibrahim ayad or anyone else record the introduction to the gospel when only the bishop is present, i.e pope is not present but only the bishop is present??

Thanks a lot

Baladoos
  • here:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Papal_Hymns/Wagdi_Bishara.html

where it says Tawaf, there is 3 tunes.

also here:
    Psalm - Singari

at 7:17
    if you wanna hear Ibrahim Ayad that bad.
  • Ok mina, do you have any idea where can i find it in arabic not just coptic??
  • i don't think it's recorded in any rites. may be if there is some live stuff you can hear it. well in arabic and english, deacon just wing it because there is no right or wring way. as long as you have the right tune. like seiamee, kihaky, hazaine,...
  • actually, there is a different introduction when the bishop is there and a different introduction when the pope is there. Its in the liturgy book. the one for the bishop doesnt mention the pope becuase its the bishop reading
  • Yep that's correct but do you know if anyone recorded it? if yes can you please give me the link?
  • [quote author=WWJD86 link=board=2;threadid=4375;start=0#msg60217 date=1157341947]
    actually, there is a different introduction when the bishop is there and a different introduction when the pope is there. Its in the liturgy book. the one for the bishop doesnt mention the pope becuase its the bishop reading

What do you mean it doesn't mention HH. In any bishop response you must include the Pope. He is in fact the Archbishop of our church.
  • In Marochasf (Let them Exalt), it does mention the pope....but when the deacon says "Stand in the fear of God and let us hear the gospel from the mouth of our honored father Abba__..." that does not mention the pope.

Marochasf and the part mentioned above are two completely different parts