What am I supposed to do?

I just realised my husband has been spying on my phone calls to my family and recording them.

I know that at times I haven't said very nice things about him but I was talking to my own mother...now he's accusing me of being a liar and a traitor and stuff like that

Is this normal? do husbands spy on their wives phone calls like that? or is this an unusual situation...please help

Comments

• Thats a hard one since ive neva been married.

But i would be asking about the reason why he started looking thru ur phone in the first place, maybe it was just curiousity. Also if ur saying bad things about him and he knows im guessing he just wants to find out wat u have been saying.

If i was him ill be VERY annoyed about u talking like that about him even if it is to ur mother.

Sorry thats probably not the answer ur looking for, sorry if i offended u.
  • it is normal to me!
    when somebody call my mother, my dad listens! and my mom knows! and when my dad gets a phone call, my mom listens and my dad knows! no prob.
    and then they talk about it and discuss what took place in the phone conversation!!
    i see it is normal!
    but sometimes... in my opnion husbands don't like their wives to talk bad about them to the husbands' mother in law!
    u-know wht i am saying!
    it is ok for him to listen to your phone calls!
    i mean........ u should call whoever u wanna call infront of him! and let him listen!
    that way u save him the trouble of going to another phone call!
    but if he is spying on you! then there is a mistrust issue!
    u need to talk it with ur husband and see what is going on!
    and i am sure u guys married based on love!
    GBWU
    pray for me
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • i think at all circumstances you should try to keep things within u and ur husband. so if ur angry or upset about something he did or said then u should tell him not ur mum... for many reasons. for starts u might throw things out of proportion to ur mum and ur mum might over worry about the situation and try to butt in (which really isnt healthy) cos i know a lot of divorces occur from things like this. but also so that ur hubby can understand ur worrys and concerns and try to fix things taht need to be fixed and so taht u know if ever he had a problem with u he would come to u not his parents.
    but on the other hand... i personally dont think he should be "Spying" on you. thats not the right thing to do either... i mean if u know that he is listening in and u dont mind then fine thats kool which is wat i think bentBABAyasooa`was saying... but if u dont like that then let him know and tell him... communication is the key!!!

• yeah!
    and if he still spys on you and not respecting your privacy! then don't tell your mom! cuz to tell u the truth mothers in law really know how to destroy a home!!
    tell abona, and let abona come to your house while both of you are home! and let abona talk!
    hope that helps
    GBWU
    pray for me
  • omg if i were u D33 id get so mad and upset howd u even find out he did that? and i would go with miras advice let abouna come over to ur house
  • sorry D33 i thought u were the one that made the topic lol i mean salavation is near
  • hahaha... no worries hun!! lol wen i read that i was like watt the?? haha how funny!!
  • Hi
    Please do not talk to your mother about your husband!!!!!!!!!! Do not talk to anyone!!Just abouna. If you guys make up, your mother won't know and will continue being upset with him. Your aim is to win your husband and have a peaceful and joyous home. It seems you guys have a little bit of trust and a lot of anger towards each other. This should be fixed up ASAP by abouna before you end up with a miserable marriage. God bless your home and your family.
  • and like i said
    if you want to tell you mother everything and destroy your marriage then why get married in the first place?? u should have just sat beside her and like that egyptian proverb says " we ashaar basal"

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300][flash=200,200]http://ABONA IS THE SOLUTION[/flash]!![/glow][/shadow]
  • oobss....... ypeepers

i apologize

it is supposed to be.......

[move] abona can solve it not your mother!![/move]
  • Ok in a situation like this,.........u should sit down and talk.
    u shouldnt talk behind his back like that its a way of betrayal like judas
  • ur just sayin that becuase hes a guy like uu lol
  • this is an absolutely unacceptable and ridiculous thing . if he doesent trust you then your marriage is based on weakness, if theres no base in faith of God and of your other half then theres no unity.
  • Guys.. once again i think she should talk to her hubby b4 she goes makes a complaint to Abuna... you have to show initiative first then if the prob cant be solved between the two then go to Abuna... wat do u think?
  • true
    but......... ( here comes the ugly part) talking to her husband might make things worse! it depens on her husbands's personality!
    but again abona should be asked to come and make a visit and pray and rosh el house with holy water cuz if there is any evil thing it will go away!!
    ;)
    GBWU
    PRAY for me cuz i wanna recover from my uncles' death! and start focusing on my college work!
  • Thanks guys, the idea to talk to Abouna worked and everything is better!

If anyone here is married or wants to get married...keep your parents OUT of your marriage it causes a lot of damage :'(
  • hahahahaha......... salvationisnear!

you are sooo right!!!

hahahaha...........

when i get married i will keep my parents and his parents out of my marriage life!! especially when it comes to mother in laws!!
    rabana yebadenna anohoom!! ;) we ekfena sharoohoom! ;)

somebody give me "AMIN" ?!?!?!
  • AMENNNNN

haha ur right mates... i know a lot of divorces that were caused byt parentals gettin involved in the marriage! big NO NO!!!
  • yeah, especially mothers in laws!!

kharab beyoot! is their nickname!!