Piebnevma

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi guys
For the hymn of Pi-ebnevma, Can we say that when the Pope comes and when the bishob comes? Also what other nice hymns can we say? I thought about saying eflogeminos, shenoti to makario, e-aghabi, and la7n elfada2el, and Pi-ebnevma, also can any one send me the english text of the introduction to the gospel that we say when the pope comes?

Hany

Comments

• I know for a fact that when a Bishop or a Pope comes to visit we say Epouro first-the long version!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • yes, ekesmaroto, htan may be eaghapy, shenoti to makario, timet esnoti, piepnevma, and kalos ekee sharon(special hymn called lhn al nashed). also you can say khen efran with the parts for HH and HG. eporo u only say when he is coming in in the begining of litrugy, usally. that' annual. cuz in easter days you say ekhrestos and hymns of the procession and than ekesmaroto and the whole cycle again.
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4300;start=0#msg59456 date=1156456234]
    .... and kalos ekee sharon(special hymn called lhn al nashed).

where can i find this hymn mina ?
  • I've been looking for this hymn for a while i wonder if any of you know where it is. All i know is that each paragraph ends with "peniot abba shenouda"
    it has a pretty kool tune i heard once been could never find it
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=board=2;threadid=4300;start=0#msg59459 date=1156456655]
    I've been looking for this hymn for a while i wonder if any of you know where it is. All i know is that each paragraph ends with "peniot abba shenouda"
    it has a pretty kool tune i heard once been could never find it

WILL THE HISTORY OF THE HYMN IS THAT it's original way of saying is in tenooeh ensok annual tune for the 1st 2 paragraphs, than festive tune for the 2nd 2, [coptic]Ouon te jinmosi[/coptic] kiahki way (subday theotokeia) for the 3rd 2, and the rest on the tune of [coptic]ef`eer `apoleuin `mmwou[/coptic]. but because of it's time, Muallem Mikhael made up this hymn on the tune of the Nashed at the time. the national antham. the only person who records it is Late Muallem Tawfik and i personaly never herd it from him, but i heard it from a person who have the original tape.
  • lol thats just proof that we have way too many hymns in this church
    The coptic church adores praise
  • well you did hear it from amir when HH was there.

i just want to add that this hymn is not supposed to be said anywhere except in egypt in the cathedral because according to the book, the hymn is welcoming back HH to his set and right place to be. but what do we say about our deacons (including me), "nas shaeia" ;D
  • Another thing whats up with the "Amens" at the end of teemetisnooti? are they just part of the hymn? i saw a hymn book that had readings or something in between the "amens"
    I might have looked at the wrong thing but i wonder if any one knows
  • well will see next time he comes, if,i can record it for him.
  • it's not in these. it was never recorded by him, atleast for my knowledge. it's only Muallem Tawfik.
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=2;threadid=4300;start=15#msg59471 date=1156458999]
    oops, sorry, i thought you said Mu'allim Mikhail.. i read it wrong..

thanks

no don't be, you r right, i said Muallem Mikhael, the same person. but he only taght it to muallem Tawfik and he never recorded it. except muallem Tawfik recorded it.
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4300;start=0#msg59260 date=1156215498]
    Hi guys
    For the hymn of Pi-ebnevma, Can we say that when the Pope comes and when the bishob comes? Also what other nice hymns can we say? I thought about saying eflogeminos, shenoti to makario, e-aghabi, and la7n elfada2el, and Pi-ebnevma, also can any one send me the english text of the introduction to the gospel that we say when the pope comes?

Hany

you might wanna check this link, might help you.
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Papal_Hymns/Wagdi_Bishara.html