Has elijah already come?

edited July 2004 in Coptic Orthodox Church
hey guys im just wondering if anyone knows anything about elijah and if he has already come in the form of John the baptist?

Comments

• Yes, but prior to the 2nd Coming, Elijah will again warn us to repent.
  • But i was talking to my priest lately and he said that Elijah has not yet come, because we do not believe in reincarnation. He said that he will only come once and thats before the second coming
  • Ibba, I think your priest knows best here.
    If he says Elijah still has yet to come, then he hasn't come yet. Period. I mean, there's not many facts that can prove he has come in the form of John the Baptist, and plus, since we don't believe in reincarnation, he has yet to come.

A priest is almost always never wrong. (I hope lol)

Christ has risen from the dead: and ascended to the heavens: and sat at the right hand of His Father in the highest: He granted us the eternal life.

- Chris
  • Elijah hasn't come in the form of John the Baptist, when Christ spoke about this he meant that john the baptis came in the power and strength of Elijah. They both lived in the desert, wore the same cloths and lived unmarried.

Elijah still hasnt come, just like the priest said...i heard other priest say the same thing, cause he would probably make himself known to testify of the truth...
  • [quote author=ibba link=board=4;threadid=425;start=0#msg6128 date=1089171848]
    hey guys im just wondering if anyone knows anything about elijah and if he has already come in the form of John the baptist?

John the Baptist, who was born in the spirit of Elijah, fulfilled the prophecy (of I think Malachi) that said Elijah had to come before the Christ. But he was not Elijah himself. Elijah will return to earth with Enoch just before the second coming; they will recieve the crown of martyrdom in Jerusalem.
  • i heard...that Elijah will be one fot he poor and many of us will torture him and beat him up!!

dont ask me!! ???