A play topic

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hi everyone. As we all know, the nayrouz is coming up. now my church has every grade level do a play. this time i chose to do it for my sunday skool. I reely need help thinking of a topic. The only topic i got is trying 2 portray the play as heroes. i want this play 2 b funny and give out a good message 2 people. I would appreicate ur topics and messages along with it. Thank u

Comments

• Uhhh. Anyone??? ???
  • Coptic son, I don't think people are responding because you are not really being specific enough about this play. Can you please clarify what the play is about. What is precisely the message of the play? Is there a specific verse that you need to incorporate in it? What age are the sunday school kids? How many people are in the cast? etc...

I'd love to try and help you if you answered these questions.

God Bless
  • no. its just suppose 2 give any message. If thats not specific i guess u cant help. its ok. its just suppose 2 b creative. there is no verse.
  • OMGGG i have the best paly..but it was bout new years..but u can change it to nayroos!! ITS REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY good..but it aint funny (but ours was because some of our mistakes)...but it has the BESTTTTTT MORAL....if ya want it..tell me n give me ur email and ill send it to u..

sorry i dont want to post it up here..
    is anyone would like it..feel free to ask!!
  • Dear coptic Son I think u should try to portray a message then making it funny cause when u make it funny cause people 4get about the message and just look at the funny parts/jokes i think evr1 should agree on this. cause it happens alot by mistakes
  • I disagree with you a little bit copticmike. At my church, which thanks primarily to one tireless servant named Ragy, we spew out literally at least 20 plays a year, be they by youth, by servants only, or by adults. I'd say that the vast majority, if not all the plays are VERY funny. The only play that I remember not being funny was one they did about 3 years ago, because it was about Jesus' crucifixion.

A play can be funny and still bring a message out. The key to making sure the message is there is to know WHEN to make the play funny. Make the beginning funny, so as to grab your audience's attention: especially if its for sunday school, because little kids don't like serious plays. Then around the middle of the play, when more of a message starts seeping through, only put in a few jokes; just enough to keep the kids focused on the play. Then at the end, put in the message, and DON'T put any jokes in, or else, like copticmike said, ppl will forget about the message. So as long as you just keep the parts regarding the message serious, I see no harm in making the play funny. If the people remember the funny parts of the play, that means they were listening, and thus remember the serious parts as well.
  • hmm i see both ur views however i tink there should be a mixture of both...not too funny that the moral is lost and not boring so no one realises the moral
  • i remeber an awesome play we did a couple of years ago in church, about the birth of Jesus. to make it comedy we did things like taking random freezeframes, and getting some1 to walk across the stage with a kit kat saying "take a break, take a kitkat". it may not be funny now but if u were there u wud have laughed............anyway.... back to the topic try and use little comedy breaks like in ours to liven up the atmosphere, especially if it is something quite serious.
    hope i helped + pray for me