How Do I play Alhan offline with windows media after download.

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
I need help downloading the alhan in a way that I can open it later and play it offline with windows media player not realplayer.

Comments

• Not all files can be downloaded. If downloading is permissible for the specific file then there will be a download button which you can click on and you will be prompted to either “open” or “save to disk”. Since you want to save it to play it offline press “save to disk” then select the directory that you wish to save the file to.

If there is no download option you will not be able to download the file in question, you can only listen to it online…
  • Hi Churchpeter212,

I think there is a Way of getting around this problem. It may work and it may not. Instead of left clicking on the link that opens the Lahn that you want, you can right click and then choose save as and then save it on your hard disk. That is one way. The other way is by listening to it online and then if you want to open it again without going online, you go to internet explorer and the choose file -> work Offline. then open that website while you are off line and then go to your link and click on it again with a left click then hopefully it will work. I don't know if the first method is illigal but try. Please all pry for me!
  • Hey LMary,

You are correct in that the first method would allow peter to download a file for this song; however, he will still need to be connected to the internet in order to listen to it. Generally if you right click a file and press “save target as” you will be able to download it. But in the event it is a streaming file, the icon will only serve as a link to the streaming. In this case, if he tries do right click and “save target as” he wont actually be downloading the song, instead he will download a link to the server. The only benefit from this is that he won’t need to open the website to access the file.

I can’t try out the second method. I can’t find anything that isn’t downloadable.
    :-\

-Mark