Praying To St.Mary

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi, um i don't kno where to start but ok i does the coptic church believe in praying through mary? cuz in 1 Timithy it says the only mediator is jesus christ

Comments

• but Jesus is God... i'm confused... ???
  • Dear charitablesoul,

There is some really good information concerning this matter here: http://suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?catid=210 (Please copy and paste)

*If this website doesn't work then please tell me so that I could provide some of that information for you.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • hey

the coptic church beleives in asking saints to pray for us like on our behalf like a mediator

of course as saint mary is one of the saints therefore we ask her to pray for us before God. we do not pray to her like God but we ask for her intercession.

get what i mean?

Kristina123
  • Yes Jesus is God, that is what makes Him mediator, being God and man at the same time. He is mediator because He is the only One who has reconciled fallen humanity to God by His reconciling and redeeming life, death, and resurrection.

Jesus being mediator is a lot more than Him praying for us, He is mediator by being the only one able to create a bridge between humanity and God through His sacrifice. He also intercedes for our salvation to the father.

But this does not mean that we never ask others to pray for us! We ask the departed saints to pray for us the same way we ask Christians on earth to pray for us. Since the departed remain alive in Christ, why should they cease to express their love and concern for us through prayer?

God bless