is church a place for sinners or saints?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
well..thats my question..my teacher asked that to the pre servant class today and she's waiting for an answer next week and i hope someone can help me answer it(with simple explaination), thanks!

GBU
sandra

Comments

• The Church is like a hospital. There are sick people, and there are people who come for check-ups. So to answer your question, the Church is for both. It is where Saints are born and it is where sinners turn back to repentence.
  • NICE!! ;) good analagy
  • That is perfect. As Christ said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ." So where else do we go for rest except the house of God?
  • well why wouldnt the Church be for both??

The question implies that it is for either the sinners or the saints and not both!!

Kristina123
  • The Church is the body of Christ, and therefore should be made of saints sanctified by His Word and His Holy Spirit.

As we sin we separate ourselves from it, till we repent then return to Him, to be washed (cleaned from sin) and so on. We should not redo these sins however and must actively fight them with the grace, help and power of God. This is the fighting side of the Church.

The winning side of the Church is the one in Paradise, consisting of the reposed faithful, the crowned saints and martyrs.
  • so..is it both? ???

GBU
    sandra
  • i agree with Godhelpme3691,
    church is for all,if they want it.it only closes its doors in the faces of sinners who love living in sin life and don`t regret their sins.
  • John 8
    34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.

1 John 1
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

So everybody sins and the Church is for all that is correct but it is not made of all. The Church members are: the forgiven children of God, His flock who are in a state of refusing and fighting sin till they win the fight. Not all members of the Church we see with our superficial eyes will pass through the narrow door and enter the Kingdom.

Let us pray the Lord He gives us time and allows us repentence. Let us pray He accepts all of us according to His Grace and Mercy not according to our sins.

I would say that the fighting Church (that is actively fighting sin) consists of both repenting sinners and saints but the winning Church consists of saints only.
  • the church is a place for the sinners to become saints.
  • k...sandra i had abouna in daytona explain this to me once when we enter church what do we do when we enter chuch?make the sign of the cross when we enter church cuz it is the house of god.think of gods house like a place of care and worship at the same time we go to church to praise the saints.for example,Saint Moses The Black he was a sinner at first.he then went to the church and found monks where he cried and every sin he did angels erased it and he was filled with the holy spirit.so basically we are all saints in gods eyes and sinners.of course all of us are sinners so god cares for the sinners and has mercy on them.hope i helped out.

mary
  • sinners go to the church to repent and saints go to pray
    Gods house is for everyone
  • sandra how about this all of us r sinners and none of us r saints
  • Godhelpme3691 explained it perfectly.

but i just wanted to add, isnt the church for everyone in the world since when does the Lord discriminate beween saints and sinners, christians and muslims, eygptian or chinese. I always thought the Lord welcomed everyone that is willing to embrace him.
  • yes, the church represents god's house and god
    Inside you will find the word of god that will lead you to heaven
    God's hands are always open to all sinners and saints alike.
    The church is always there for people to get closer to god.

The purpose of the church is to heal the sick or the sinners and make them worthy to take communion, etc. and glorify god
    Amen
  • ya dats the answer ;) (from mjoe80)
  • church is for both
    saits go to strenght their faith and sinner go to repent from their sins!
    pray for me
    G B W U all
    mira
  • Church is comparable to the cross and to noahs ark.
    Noahs ark held the saints who trusted in God that they would be saved.
    The cross is where Jesus is the True Sacrifice who died for the sinners.
    It is most surely a place for both.

Forgive Me
    Yours in Christ
  • Guys gr8 JOB!!! its brilliant what you all said.. the church is a place for everyone and anyone to receive repentence, forgiveness and comfort!! gr8 job again guys! and i love this...

The Church is like a hospital. There are sick people, and there are people who come for check-ups. So to answer your question, the Church is for both. It is where Saints are born and it is where sinners turn back to repentence.

BRILLIANT!
  • [quote author=christiangrlforevr link=board=1;threadid=4079;start=0#msg59387 date=1156386133]
    sandra how about this all of us r sinners and none of us r saints

really nice..

so let me elaborate...

we are all sinners and therefore one may say the church is for SINNERs as jesus said he came for the sick to be a physician ..as we aRE ALL IN NEED OF HIm...Even 'Saints' are sinners and are in need of HIM!!