Abouna Anastasi

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
All the people i know really like Abouna Anastasi but i have never met him but i like his voice alot. Anyways does anyone know were i can get some recordings of him singing some hymns or one of his wasa's that woul be awesome

THanks and please respond

Comments

• Dear Shybox,
    How are you? I hope all is well. This is a link from the Monastery of Saint Antony in California. This is the Holy Psalmody of Sunday and I think Abouna Anastasi is on most of this cd that they produced.

http://www.stantonymonastery.org/psalmody.asp
  • Thank you soo much seaker of the truth.

Anymore Please
  • You can here Abouna Anastasi and Anba Youssef doing tasbeha at
    http://www.coptichymns.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloadable&file=index&q=f&f=/Praises_(Tasbeha)/Midnight_Praises/Coptic_and_English_Midnight_Praise_by_HG_Bishop_Youssef_and_Fr_Anastasi_Ava_Antoni

Also there is much more hymns by Abouna Anastasi at coptic hymns and also a sermon by him on praise in English.

May the Lord keep him for many years for the glory of His church.
  • Thanks

i couldnt find any hymns i look in alot of folders but found none
  • i was just wondering... was abouna anastasi ordained a bishop on Pentecost... its from what i heard but im not sure if it is true or not... just wondering
  • [quote author=LifeinChrist link=topic=4061.msg71849#msg71849 date=1180924233]
    i was just wondering... was abouna anastasi ordained a bishop on Pentecost... its from what i heard but im not sure if it is true or not... just wondering

i don't think HH ordained any bishops or priests this year.
  • I don't think that Abouna Anastasi is a bishop Although I might be wrong, if I am please correct me. Pray for me
  • [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=4061.msg71934#msg71934 date=1180992829]
    I don't think that Abouna Anastasi is a bishop Although I might be wrong, if I am please correct me. Pray for me

he's not. atleast for now
  • no he is just the abbot monk for the monestary in california but he isn't a bishop, also to what mingir said, im pretty sure that HH ordained many priests this year, i have heard of several church on the east coast that have many new priests and have been ordained under the hand of HH. he has also elevated a ton of priests to hegomens, im guessing he is starting to give a system to the church with more than one priest to have somewhat of a figure in charge. but i havent heard of any bishops being ordained recently
  • [quote author=Christforlife7 link=topic=4061.msg71944#msg71944 date=1181001986]
    no he is just the abbot monk for the monestary in california but he isn't a bishop, also to what mingir said, im pretty sure that HH ordained many priests this year, i have heard of several church on the east coast that have many new priests and have been ordained under the hand of HH. he has also elevated a ton of priests to hegomens, im guessing he is starting to give a system to the church with more than one priest to have somewhat of a figure in charge. but i havent heard of any bishops being ordained recently

what i said before was concerning the Pentecost liturgy. HH didn't by any chance ordain any priests or bishops this year. but yes he did elevate many hegumens and ordained priest and wil do so as for the year in general. including my church new priest.
  • Congrats on the new priest we also recieved a new priest this year as well...
  • I love it when Abouna Anastasi sings parts of Tasbeha.
    Very beautiful.