liturgies....

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
sorry for bothering you all but i am searching for liturgies other than our 3 coptic liturgies ( St.Basil-St. Cyril-St. Gregory ).
i have one by Fr. Estafanos Rizk,and i am looking for a liturgy directed to St. Mary.i heared one by Fr. Antonious Thabit.does anyone have it?

Comments

• [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4032;start=0#msg56501 date=1150622424]
    sorry for bothering you all but i am searching for liturgies other than our 3 coptic liturgies ( St.Basil-St. Cyril-St. Gregory ).
    i have one by Fr. Estafanos Rizk,and i am looking for a liturgy directed to St. Mary.i heared one by Fr. Antonious Thabit.does anyone have it?

There is no such thing as a liturgy directed to St. Mary. All liturgies centre on our Lord Jesus Christ, specifically through the Holy Mysteries of the Eucharist.

Maybe you are reffering to a Paraklisis service (not sure what they're called in Coptic), which are prayer services to the Saints - of which there are many.

Names like St. Cyril, St. Basil, St. Gregory refer to the people who wrote that particular liturgy (or parts of it), not the person it is "directed to." The local councils of the Coptic Church state that only these three are allowed to be used.

There are others though, as you said. Examples include the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostomos and the Liturgy of St. James are in use in the Eastern Orthodox Church (Greek, Russian, Antiochian, etc). The latter is the principle liturgy of the Syriac Orthodox Church (according to Wikipedia anyways), in communion with the Coptic Church.

You can listen to the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom here:
    http://realserver.goarch.org/ram/gr/live.ram (in Greek).

http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/liturgy/liturgy.html - the text here.
  • i know every word you said Orthodox11,and i know that only the 3 liturgies are to be used.what i was talking about a historical record for 2 liturgies used in the athiobian church ( by the way they have about 14 liturgy there ).i found one of them by Fr.Estafanos Rizk which is the Liturgy of St. John Boanerge "Son of Thunder".
    there other one by Fr. Antonious Thabit is talking about St. Mary .i didn`t mean that it ignore god to just glorify st.mary but most of the liturgy is talking about st.mary.
    these 2 liturgy were used by some coptic fathers long ago before pope shenouda prevent using them.i was looking for a record for them.do you have it ... ;)
    by the way,they records i`m talking about are arabic not greek.
    thx for your information
  • hi shenouda,i have both liturgues you are looking for .i will send the links to your email.