Deut. Ch.1-2

edited June 2006 in Faith Issues
i have such hard time with the first few chapters with the book of Deuteronomy
it seem to me it's hard :'( :-\
Ch.1,2 i don't get what these chapters talking about i'm confused.
i need help with the first two chapters

Comments

• well youstina these chapters are just a recap of what happened in the past 3 books. it talks about the exodus from egypt and there times in the wilderness and all that was told in the last couple of books is mentioned here. if i am not mistaken and let anyone correct me if i am wrong i believe the whole book of Dueteronomy is Moses's final speech to the congregation of Isreal before his death i don't remember where i heard it by i think that is what the whole book is.

God Bless and Pray for me
  • Deut. the first two chapters
    Is there any verses to learn and memorize
    Is there any meditation, lesson to benefit from it
  • i do not see any verses that i would memorize in these two chapters but i came upon something that we could meditate on. Ch.1 verse 34 and 35 "And the Lord heard the sound of your words, and was angry, and took an oath saying, "Surely not one of these men of this evil generation shall see that good land of which I swore to give to your fathers."" what i got from this reminds me of the time of Jesus. the people did not except his words or believe in him and some were unable to see the whole truth such as the Pharisees and the Scribes. the land which God was talking about could be related to heaven and because the people of Isreal doubted God they were unable to see it. this also relates to the people who did not follow Jesus' words and teachings they are unable to see what God has truly prepared for those that love him.
    Hope that helped

God Bless and Pray for me
  • You will find lessons in this book and it helps a lot to meditate:
    http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Fr. Tadros Malaty/Deutronm.pdf