6/6/06- will it be the end???

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey guys,

so everyone is talking about this date being the end of the world. In australia, that will be tomorrow. Aren't you just sick of people trying to create new sagas about nothing.

i would love to hear your opinion or even what our priests think of this issue.

Mazza

Comments

• well let me tell you my opinion no one knows when the end of the world will be except God!

Kristina123
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=1;threadid=3979;start=0#msg55911 date=1149494275]
    Hey guys,

so everyone is talking about this date being the end of the world. In australia, that will be tomorrow. Aren't you just sick of people trying to create new sagas about nothing.

i would love to hear your opinion or even what our priests think of this issue.

Mazza

Tomorrow is definately not the end of the world. First of all, the calendar is wrong by about 4 years, and its actually 2010 years since the birth of Christ, making it 06/06/10.

Secondly, the Book of Revelations clearly states that 666 is the number of a man (Rev. 13:18), not a date. Who is this man? We don't yet know But we do know that it refers to a person, not a day.

Thirdly, much of prophesy has yet to be fulfilled. No one yet needs a mark on their head or right hand in order to buy and sell, etc.

So quite clearly, the world is not going to end tomorrow.
  • its not the end
  • Why is tomorrow any different from 6/6/1906, 6/6/1806, etc? How about 6/6/ 2666 or 1/1/6066 or 6/6/6000. Also why use just the Western calendar? Why wasn't it Amshir, 6, 1706 AM (Amshir is the 6th coptic month. How about Amshir 6, 1806 AM. Also, this year happens to be 5766 in the Hebrew calendar, so maybe we should be waiting for Addar 6, 5766 (Addar is the 6th Hebrew month) which will be 3/6/2006 (Wait that can't be it was 3 months ago.

We can keep making these rediculous guesses our we can just be content that no one knows the day nor the hour.
  • I have a final tomorrow that is 67% of my grade; maybe it will be the end for me tomorrow. Lol…this topic is really laughable because its a bunch of nonsense and like Orthodox11 pointed out the world is certainly not coming to an end tomorrow for we do not know when the end will be. Please read the following verses that I have pasted in order to understand that no one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Matthew 24:36-5136 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 45 "Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,'49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 12:40, 54-56
    12:40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

54 Then He also said to the multitudes, "Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, 'A shower is coming'; and so it is. 55 And when you see the south wind blow, you say, 'There will be hot weather'; and there is. 56 Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?

Revelation 3:3
    3:3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-9
    2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

the Book of Revelations clearly states that 666 is the number of a man (Rev. 13:18), not a date. Who is this man? We don't yet know But we do know that it refers to a person, not a day.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

My Birthday is tomorrow…you reckon that could be me? Oh wait I’m female. ;)

Enjoy the day tomorrow everyone and if you can please remember me in your prayers for I need a miracle on this final.

In His Name
    Mary
  • May the Lord help you succeed together with all who are having their exams with the intercessions of the Theotokos the great Saint Mary, the great saint archangels and angels, and all the great martyrs and saints ;)
  • 6/6/06 is not the end of the world for several reasons.
    Reason #1- Christ destroyed Satan on Bright Saturday. Archangel Michael and Satan disputed on where Moses should go, to Heaven or Hades so Michael and Satan fought.
    Reason #2- The Resurrection of Christ. The hymn "Khristos Anesti" explains how the devil is destroyed and is not known.
  • well its hear..and it speaks for itself!!
  • I did not see any sign of blood on the moon nor anything that indicated the end of the world. Through Christ's resurrection, the devil is nothing!
  • blood on the moon?? umm is that in revelation or somefing?? or is a previous post ???
  • Actually, it's not blood on the moon, it's the moon will turn into blood, if you read Revelations carefully, Chapter 6, verse 12:
    12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood
    That is one of the signs of the second coming! You can even check it out at http://saintmina-holmdel.org/Bible/index.html

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Thanks. I forgot about that. ;)
  • Anytime, I just thought you might need some information about signs of the second coming!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • WOW the moon will turn into blood :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
  • I don't think the verse is saying the moon will turn into blood, but will be as red as blood.

:)
  • since its passed change of topic did use guys heer bout that movie i think its omni i dunno or sumfin devil movie and a half... darn the beeping comercials look scary wats goin on all stuff against Jesus lyk da vicni and this devilish movie and way more and this movie full wird they released it at 6/6/06 at 6pm stupid ppl... neway

+FRoG+
  • That movie really sounds stupid. The one that the boy is demon-possessed, right?
  • its called 'The Omen' and it was a remake of the 1960s film 'The Omen'. The plot is as follows:

Robert Thorn is a senior American diplomat whose wife, Katherine, endures a difficult delivery where their newborn child has died. Thorn knows the news will devastate Katherine, who had suffered two previous miscarriages. The hospital priest presents Thorn with another child born that night, whose mother died in childbirth. The priest compels Thorn to take the infant boy as his own; Katherine will never know the truth, and their son, which they name Damien, will be raised as their flesh and blood. As the child turns five, unsettling events begin to occur: Damien's nanny hangs herself at the youngster's birthday party; a strange priest brings dire warnings to Thorn; a children's trip to the zoo results in a panicked frenzy; Damien becomes hysterical during a drive to church; and blurred movements in a series of photographs portend shocking deaths. Enter Mrs. Baylock, Damien's new nanny, who seems to have a preordained devotion to the child. Then tragedy strikes closer to home. But only later does Thorn comprehend the truth: Damien is no ordinary child; he is the long-prophesized Anti-Christ. Now, Thorn must make the ultimate sacrifice to prevent the unspeakable terror that awaits the world.
    With thanks to Yahoo Movies. (He also has 666 on his head liek a birthmark- pretty scary)
  • [quote author=acopt link=board=1;threadid=3979;start=15#msg56146 date=1149939104]
    I don't think the verse is saying the moon will turn into blood, but will be as red as blood.

:)

Acts 1:20 read that.

+FROG+

ye thanks mazza thats the thing ;)
  • Yeah, acopt is correct. It says "moon became as blood."
  • I used to think so too. However, after half of 6/6/06 finished, I just remembered a verse in Matthew and Revelation that states that Jesus is coming when everyone LEASTS expects, and since everyone expected he would come, he didn't.

Also, before the Apocolyps (the end of the world), which people thought to be on 6/6/06, there will be a long while of torture by the Antichrist, since the Antichrist (Satan) will come to Earth before Jesus.