idkwhattonamethistopic.

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello, ok well a couple of days ago in the youth meeting we learned that our main goal in life is to be "Christlike" and i always thought it was to make it to heaven. can someone please explain to me why being "Christ Like" is put b4 making it to heaven?

Comments

• It's an easy, simple answer true christian which I believe is the proper way of defining it, you have to know that being a true christian is the the path to making it to Paradise, because you have to be entered into Paradise, before making it to Heaven, which is a difficult task, but I know that if you have a goal and you are a true christian physically and mentally than you will accomplish that task, and I heard that if you entered into Paradise, you are going to enter into Heaven, I'm pretty sure that's right, if I'm wrong please correct me!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=HeLlOmYnAmEiSbOb link=board=1;threadid=3935;start=0#msg55312 date=1148421505]
    Hello, ok well a couple of days ago in the youth meeting we learned that our main goal in life is to be "Christlike" and i always thought it was to make it to heaven. can someone please explain to me why being "Christ Like" is put b4 making it to heaven?

Christ was the only perfect Man. Being Christ-like basically means for us to follow His example and live like He did. So the way to become Christlike is to follow His commandments, which are summed up as:
    (1) Love God
    (2) Love Man

This is the only way to get to heaven.
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=board=1;threadid=3935;start=0#msg55315 date=1148425290]
    [quote author=HeLlOmYnAmEiSbOb link=board=1;threadid=3935;start=0#msg55312 date=1148421505]

Christ was the only perfect Man. Being Christ-like basically means for us to follow His example and live like He did. So the way to become Christlike is to follow His commandments, which are summed up as:
    (1) Love God
    (2) Love Man

This is the only way to get to heaven.

ooooo hello bob goodness that was kinda obvious, haha thanx
  • [quote author=HeLlOmYnAmEiSbOb link=topic=3935.msg55312#msg55312 date=1148421505]

I have to admit, your question made me laugh a lot!!

Your aim is to make it into heaven - through being "christlike".
  • Why did we bring this topic back up? It's been dead for over 2 years.
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=3935.msg100040#msg100040 date=1233956144]
    Why did we bring this topic back up? It's been dead for over 2 years.

I didnt think anyone answered it correctly.
  • Surely the aim in our life should not be to try and make it to heaven. That makes our lives into some sort of economic arrangement.

Shouldn't we just seek to love God and be transformed by His Holy Spirit and whatever God grants us is more than we deserve?

Deacon Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=3935.msg100045#msg100045 date=1233958829]
    Surely the aim in our life should not be to try and make it to heaven. That makes our lives into some sort of economic arrangement.

Shouldn't we just seek to love God and be transformed by His Holy Spirit and whatever God grants us is more than we deserve?

Deacon Peter

I admit, I found the original question to begin with quite selfish. "i thought our aim in life was to make it in heaven? and now i have to be Christlike!" lol

Each person, Peter, has his or spiritual level. There are some that do not sin because they fear God and want to make it into heaven. This is good. God did say that we should obey His Commandments.
    But there are others who do not sin because they love God. This is even better!

I guess as we grow spiritually, our relationship with God should develop from one of fear to one of Love.