Coptic Church history resorces

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I know there are lots of resources in Arabic for the Coptic Church history. Does anyone know where I can find information on the Coptic Church history in English?

Comments

• [quote author=Boules link=board=13;threadid=3861;start=0#msg54433 date=1147281405]
    I know there are lots of resources in Arabic for the Coptic Church history. Does anyone know where I can find information on the Coptic Church history in English?

There are the books Two Thousand Years of Coptic Christianity by Otto F. A. Meinardus, Christianity in the Land of the Pharaos by Jill Kamil and The Early Coptic Papacy by Stephen J. Davis - all of which are available on amazon.com

I haven't read them though, so I don't know how accurate they are or from which perspective they're written.
  • If you are a fair knowledge of the Arabic language, then I recommend :

1) "The story of the Coptic Church" by Iris Habib El-Masry

2) "The history of the Coptic Church" by His Reverend the Father Menasah Youhanna, who was quite a scholar in the beginning of the past century and died in the age of 30 after producing nice books about various topics on the Coptic Church. This is the greatest and best prganized book on the History of the Coptic Church.

3) " The history of the Coptic Nation" by Yacob Naklah Roufelah also touches on the history of the Coptic Orthodox Church.

4) " The Church in the Apostolic Age" by H.G. the Late Anba Youaness of Gharbia, which touches the age of St. Mark.

5) "History of the Patriarchs" by H.G. Saint Severus of Ashmonin, which was written in the 10th century.