Fave Coptic Hymns 8)

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
i dunno if there is another thread on this.... but i ve made this 1 anyway. fave coptic hymns ppz?

mine is either Omonogenees or tenoweh ensok or khen oshot or eflogimenos lol. its hard to choose 1

Comments

• Eflogimenos.

It is a hymn that shows a great deal of theology, soteriology, christology in its concise and few words as well as its beautiful tune that is very joyful and takes a very sharp serious turn at the end, switching to Coptic , the language of the crossbearers, to signifiy their committment to the King od Glory.

We had an extended visit by H.H. the Pope, and it was an Eflogimenos feast. In addition to the blessings of the Pope, and his teachings, we got to listen to the hymn many times.
  • after a long time of trying to make up my mind..golgotha would probablt be the BEST hymn ever!
    and agios the sad one is pretty cool!

GBU
    sandra
  • by now u must know my fav. ;D i've mentioned more than 1, 2, 3, 4, .... 500 times!!! ;D lol

no, seriously, my fav. all time hymn is psalm 150 in the kiahk tune. khateerah!! ba7es fe3lan en 2alby haynot min makanoh w'hayetla3 foo2 fel samah!!! ;D :)
  • omg Josephgabriel, you rock, omonogenees is my favorite hymn (i bet that was hard to tell ;D ) that and epraxeon ton agion, and i LOVE Teoi en hikanos its AWESOME and you cant forget the 4th hoos ;D
  • then of course there is the awesome pioik said while communuion is goin on :D!
  • hello all
    for those of you who love the tasbeha,
    Shere ne maria
    or Hail to Mary
    which is said after the reading fo the Gospel of St Luke for Sunday tasbeha
    or after the 2nd hoas on other days
    nice, simple and moving
  • oh, i just remembered... Efra7i ya Mariam is one of my fav too! ;D
  • yes mg, i LOVE tasbeha...shere ne maria and the 4th hose during kiahk...IT'S THE BEST ....you know, anytime the entire church sings a coptic hymn together keda in one voice, i feel my heart jumping. o yea, and i also love aketshee when sayedna comes, i wait for him from visit to visit so we can sing it!
  • Well favourite hymn for me is probably (Epraxion Ton) from the baskha, also festival pauline and the festival epraxis response for the nativity feast. But there are so many other hymns that are very nice also, like kata ne khoros and the psalm in singari tune for the ressurection feast. Also (sad big taishory) is very very awesome and pekethronos. Also piebnevma. I mean these are the best hymns for me that I do love
  • You cant forget the "Sabany hobek" of Kiahk- all i know is the refrain ;D and the the Hiten ni of Ressurection is THE COOLEST EVER (that and epejeek evol) and Cemoty rocks ... let me rack my brain again....
  • well i have alot so im going to do this
    Khiak-Eferanaf, the refrain in psalm 150 of the 4th Hoos
    Lent-Meghalo
    Palm Sunday-Evlogimenos
    Holy Week-Omonogenees, Ethve Tanastasis, Te Epistoli, Golgotha, Lamentations of 12th Hr. and Ke Eperto
    Bright Saturday-Refrain of 3rd Hoos: Sabehhoo Magedo
    Easter-Onim Nay, Khristos, Ton Sina
    Pentecost/Apostles Fast-Asomen

and many more
    lol i know i totally broke the rules but i honestly believe not one person can pick one fav. hymn
  • [quote author=Omonogenees73 link=board=2;threadid=3819;start=0#msg54501 date=1147389152]
    You cant forget the "Sabany hobek" of Kiahk- all i know is the refrain ;D and the the Hiten ni of Ressurection is THE COOLEST EVER (that and epejeek evol) and Cemoty rocks ... let me rack my brain again....

THIS IS THE BEST HYMN EVER!! i love sabany 7obek..but sayedna anba yo2anas says it the best!

GBU
    sandra
  • OMG!!! I know exaclty what you're talking about Sandra! I love that DVD, I wanted to jump out of my chair and sing with him the whole tasbeha. Anba yo2anas is soooooooooooooooo cute!
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=2;threadid=3819;start=0#msg54505 date=1147390837]
    [quote author=Omonogenees73 link=board=2;threadid=3819;start=0#msg54501 date=1147389152]
    You cant forget the "Sabany hobek" of Kiahk- all i know is the refrain ;D and the the Hiten ni of Ressurection is THE COOLEST EVER (that and epejeek evol) and Cemoty rocks ... let me rack my brain again....

THIS IS THE BEST HYMN EVER!! i love sabany 7obek..but sayedna anba yo2anas says it the best!

GBU
    sandra

I like that one too :).
  • mine is ......um....[move]...um..[/move] palm sunday psalm 150 and khristos anecti loooong tune and pashois isos pekhristos in the resurrection and psalm 150 resurrection and thoak teti gom in the 12th hour of good friday
  • as for me ,
    i like the long tai shory and long ti shory (in the moharaq tune),they make me taste the deep feelings of virgin mary as if i was standing with her under the cross watching my dearest son and god being crossified.
    also psalm 151 of bright saturday.it is the first hymn we say in a happy tune after the sad and lovely holyweek.its words are really great (i feel it is talking about me as i am also the youngest between my brothers ;))
  • I really like Teoi Enhikanos the long one said during nativity
  • Have u guys heard the verse of cymbals for the Ascension, i luv that hymn and it has the best tune
  • hi been away for a while but im back.............. Omonogenees rules as does o kirios meta so agios ictin opateer...... ::)
  • All the hymns you've guys said are beautiful but you missed two even more beautiful hymns which i love

Niethnos tiro in Vespers praise
    And third hoas response in Joyous Sat Evlogite Pandada

Cheers guys
  • how could i forget?!

there is also piepnevma and the aripsalin
  • ohhhhhhhh i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeflogimenos!!!!!!!! yummmmmmmmm......i luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv thattttttttttttttttttt hymnnnnnnnnnnnnn