Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Ethiopian Orthodox Liturgy
I know this site isn't the right place to ask this question, but I don't know of any similar Ethiopian forum, so I thought I'd try my luck here.
Does anyone know which liturgies are used in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church on a day to day basis? I've heard that its related to Coptic liturgical practice, but the style of music and worship is so different that I can't recognise it.
In the EO all the churches use the liturgy of St John Chrysostom on most days, St Basil on some special occasisons (I think 10 times per year) and St James (the oldest liturgy) is used twice a year.
Do the Ethiopians use St Basil, St Gregory and St Cyril like you do? and if yes, are there any differences in their arrangement as well as any additional hymns particular to the Abyssinians?
Does anyone know which liturgies are used in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church on a day to day basis? I've heard that its related to Coptic liturgical practice, but the style of music and worship is so different that I can't recognise it.
In the EO all the churches use the liturgy of St John Chrysostom on most days, St Basil on some special occasisons (I think 10 times per year) and St James (the oldest liturgy) is used twice a year.
Do the Ethiopians use St Basil, St Gregory and St Cyril like you do? and if yes, are there any differences in their arrangement as well as any additional hymns particular to the Abyssinians?

Comments
. The normally one, that of the Twelve Apostles, is fundamentally identical with the Coptic Liturgy Of St. Cyril, although much more developed.
Thanks