letz do it together

edited May 2006 in Personal Issues
Hey guys :D,
During these Easter holidays, I've had way too much free time on my hands and I spent most of it alone, and it gave me a lot to think ...

One of the things that I spent a huge ammount of time thinking about is myself, who I am, and who I want to be. I realised that the gap between who I am now, and who I want to be is HUGE. In all the time I've had on my hands, however, I've done absolutely nothing to fill in that gap, I probably even made it bigger. So now I've decided that I have to be serious about this, and it's time for some changing.

The reason I'm writing this up here is because I thought may be we can do this as a community, together. If you want to participate, here's a guideline to what you should do.

1. Get a piece of paper and briefly describe yourself. Don't describe what you think you are, but the person that is reflected through your actions. Have a long think about this one because it's the most important. [ don't forget to mention good things as well as bad ]

2. Write down what you think a true Christian should be like. [ Characteristics of Christ should help you out].
This is your aim, you may not achieve it, because we are only human and cannot compare to Christ, but hopefully we'll come a little closer.

3. Compare the two. Can you see the gap?

4. Now over the next week, try do things in you're every day life to bring yourself closer to the image of Christ, filling in the gap. Keep a diary of how you go, but instead of the usual 'Dear Diary' heading, change it to 'Dear God'.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE DOING IT !

GBU, keep me in your prayers.

Comments

• I also have a challenge for everyone. It is a lifetime challenge. The challenge is: During the course of your life can you do one thing that can change the world? Remmember changing the world is not tha hard but because of our actions we change it for the worse. Even if it is something small pick it up, make a practice out of it, everytime you see trash on the ground pick it up. You don't have to be noticed, it's even better if your not, remmember you will have your reward in heaven.
  • [quote author=LifeinChrist link=board=10;threadid=3759;start=0#msg53516 date=1146265711]
    I also have a challenge for everyone. It is a lifetime challenge. The challenge is: During the course of your life can you do one thing that can change the world? Remmember changing the world is not tha hard but because of our actions we change it for the worse. Even if it is something small pick it up, make a practice out of it, everytime you see trash on the ground pick it up. You don't have to be noticed, it's even better if your not, remmember you will have your reward in heaven.

I do this everyday, I change people's personalities, I change somethings that they will probably thank me later, I lowered all of their swear words or words will hurt others by the way they say them, if anyone can take that role from me, I'll be glad enough, because I want to spread this around, if anyone sees my face when they say such words, they will apologize, because they know my reaction to the word they have said, and plus, I mean I change some people's actions, I don't like to, but I really think it is going to effect their life someway or another!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=3759;start=0#msg53519 date=1146267356]
    [quote author=LifeinChrist link=board=10;threadid=3759;start=0#msg53516 date=1146265711]
    I also have a challenge for everyone. It is a lifetime challenge. The challenge is: During the course of your life can you do one thing that can change the world? Remmember changing the world is not tha hard but because of our actions we change it for the worse. Even if it is something small pick it up, make a practice out of it, everytime you see trash on the ground pick it up. You don't have to be noticed, it's even better if your not, remmember you will have your reward in heaven.

I do this everyday, I change people's personalities, I change somethings that they will probably thank me later, I lowered all of their swear words or words will hurt others by the way they say them, if anyone can take that role from me, I'll be glad enough, because I want to spread this around, if anyone sees my face when they say such words, they will apologize, because they know my reaction to the word they have said, and plus, I mean I change some people's actions, I don't like to, but I really think it is going to effect their life someway or another!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

thx heaps guys :D, they're great ideas !

but i just think that before we can change the world or even the people around us, we need to work on ourselves..
    God Bless :D
  • I have changed my life in all sorts of ways, and I got family and friends to prove it also, I was a naughty very naughty girl when I was little, and I used to be a HUGE and I mean HUGE blabbermouth, now I limited it, and for the naughty thing it's in the past now, and because I changed myself, I have changed others, because now they want their children to come sit next to me, or their children ask to sit by me, so they like the influence I have on them, just certain people, just saying though!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i admire the topic u've chosen to start a thread about, Hizz_chiilld. reflecting on one's present self and one's "wanna-be" Christian self is the jest of our life. and like what you and coptic servant have mentioned in ur replies, as much as it is important to reflect on our life, we need to change others' lives too.

salam :)
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=3759;start=0#msg53536 date=1146284344]
    I have changed my life in all sorts of ways, and I got family and friends to prove it also, I was a naughty very naughty girl when I was little, and I used to be a HUGE and I mean HUGE blabbermouth, now I limited it, and for the naughty thing it's in the past now, and because I changed myself, I have changed others, because now they want their children to come sit next to me, or their children ask to sit by me, so they like the influence I have on them, just certain people, just saying though!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

thats amazing
    thats the aim for this whole thing :D thx heaps Coptic Servent you're an inspiration :D:D:D ;D ;D
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=10;threadid=3759;start=0#msg53549 date=1146294106]
    [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=3759;start=0#msg53536 date=1146284344]
    I have changed my life in all sorts of ways, and I got family and friends to prove it also, I was a naughty very naughty girl when I was little, and I used to be a HUGE and I mean HUGE blabbermouth, now I limited it, and for the naughty thing it's in the past now, and because I changed myself, I have changed others, because now they want their children to come sit next to me, or their children ask to sit by me, so they like the influence I have on them, just certain people, just saying though!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

thats amazing
    thats the aim for this whole thing :D thx heaps Coptic Servent you're an inspiration :D:D:D ;D ;D

Your very welcome, and by that you are a great questionnaire!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ty guys for the awesome ideas