The Truth

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
This is a new song that I wish to share with you.

It reminds me of how I ware a chain with a cross hanging in it to show I am a christian, and how I keep on talking about God using lots of verses from the bible as if I know Jesus by heart but I physically go to church while my mind is totally somewhere else. and the rest of it goes on...

Here is a link to it ...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=55GST1AJ

If anyone could not playing for any reason please let me know and I will either e-mail it or sort something out.

Lots of love to all

Emad

Comments

• Dear Emad,

That's excellent; I love it. I am wondering if you have done any work in relation to Liturgical hymns? I think it would be a brilliant idea; something new that has yet to be done.

I myself am from Sydney, and was intending to record the top cantors at my Church singing the Pascha hymns in English. They have brilliant voices, and I think our Church is struggling to produce good quality and professional CD's to present her hymns to the western world. Most of the CD's at my Church are very poor quality, either in recording or the quality of the deacon's voice. Lets admit it; not every Deacon has a great voice. This is irrelevant in the context of worship ofcourse, since God does not look upon how good a chanter's voice is. But the common sense and obvious fact is, that people want to listen to good voices. That's just how the human ear was designed. Since CD's are sold to other people, rather than God, it is to be expected that the chanter have a nice voice.

I was wandering if you would be interested in taking this initative with me, to assist the Church in recording and producing professional CD's that can truly represent the beauty of these ancient hymns to the world. I was planning on recording these deacons acapella, but I think the oud would provide a beautiful background harmony to the chants. Would you consider this collaboration? Please PM me if you're interested.
  • thanks sydney

this is beautiful

god bless
    mazza ;)
  • am this may sound stupid but where exactly do u click to download on the megaupload site/???
  • [quote author=Samuel Guirguis link=board=2;threadid=3746;start=0#msg53432 date=1146209438]
    am this may sound stupid but where exactly do u click to download on the megaupload site/???

There's a little box where it says wait xx seconds, then after you wait it says download.
  • Thanks brothers and sisters for your kind words. I look forward to share more songs with you soon.

Stay well.

Emad.

[quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=3746;start=0#msg53414 date=1146196254]
    Dear Emad,

I was wandering if you would be interested in taking this initative with me, to assist the Church in recording and producing professional CD's that can truly represent the beauty of these ancient hymns to the world. I was planning on recording these deacons acapella, but I think the oud would provide a beautiful background harmony to the chants. Would you consider this collaboration? Please PM me if you're interested.

Dear Iqbal,

I'd be so happy to help in any way ... please count me in to take the blessings.

Which church do you attend?

Stay blessed
  • I'm very glad to hear that you're willing to assisst us! I have taken down your contact details privately, so I will edit your post and remove them from the public eye. I need to sort out a few issues with other key participants in this project and I shall contact you soon.

P.S. I attend St Mary's Cathedral in Bexley.
  • That sounds great Iqbal.

Thanks you lots.

Have a great week end dear.

Same to all members , Have a lovely week end.

Emad
  • ;D thanks for the download, its a kool song ;)
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=board=2;threadid=3746;start=0#msg53441 date=1146217391]
    [quote author=Samuel Guirguis link=board=2;threadid=3746;start=0#msg53432 date=1146209438]
    am this may sound stupid but where exactly do u click to download on the megaupload site/???

There's a little box where it says wait xx seconds, then after you wait it says download.

i dont see it ?
  • On the top right hand corner, it's a blue box, it says as Orthodox11 said, it says wait ... seconds and than after the seconds are done it says download! Hope I helped!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey iqbal..i go to st mary's cathedral, sydney as well...who
    are u??? :D