GODS WILL ?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey i had a question fotr u , it has been bugging me so much, i dont know the anwser. ok umm well we say gods will is always done and that god does stuff for certain reasons, god knows the future but we all so say we do every thing with our choice? I dont get it ? :-\ Does anyone get my question ? i hope you can help i really want to know . :-* Because we're kinda in trouble now cuz of something we kept asking god to help us do, but it didn't happen, was it gods will, that im totally stressed out and everything is going wrong ? I just dont get it ???

THANX Luv
mary

Comments

• I'm guessing that if your expecting it, it won't happen until God thinks this is the right time, and that God wants to see what happens without this specific thing, hope this is what you mean, I would really think that it is God's will, since it's his decision!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • The thing you have to realize is that God's will, unfortunately, is not always done, if it was, we'd still be in Paradise and sinless right...lol. In the Lord's prayer, we ask God "Thy will be done" and we say this out of faith that God's will is the best thing; however, God gave us free will; a free will that can or cannot conform to will of God, and as I'm sure you have noticed, our will and God's will don't always match.

As for our prayers, I believe the best prayer concerning a problem, is to show God the problem, present to Him the situation in your prayer, and then leave it in His hands (beyond a doubt, the best hands to leave your problems in i.e. "Come to me, all you who are heavy laden")

The best example of the above, I think, is the miracle at the Wedding at Cana. If you read the passage, you'll see that St. Mary simply says, "They have no wine." and then tells the servants “Whatever He says to you, do it.” She doesn't suggest a solution of her own, she doesn't yell, or argue, or think that she knows better than God as we sometimes do. All she does is present the problem to God, be ready to follow His words, and have faith that all will be well.

One last thing I think is important to know is that, what appears bad one day, can in retrospect be the best thing that ever happened to you the next day; you never know. The funny thing is that, we base everything we judge on what we know in the present, while on the other hand we don't seem to trust in God who is all wise and not fettered to the restraints of time.

God Bless you and please pray for me and my family as i will pray for you and yours. +
  • that was perfectly said luke, i wouldn't have said it any better. And to give an example of the last point you mentioned about things that seem bad to us is all the stories we heard after 9/11 of people who missed their train or got stuck in traffic or got fired the day before. all those things seemed terrible to those people when they happened, but when they later found out what became of the trade center, they thanked God for those "terrible" incidents.

oh and please CAP the G in God. thanx ;)
  • well, our choices will never be againest god's will!! whatver the choiice is it will NEVER!

GBU
    sandra
  • i disagree with you sandra. in a sermon by H.H. Pope Shenouda, he talks about God's will vs. what God allows to occur. He says, "God wills that the thief doesn't steal, but He allows him to steal. God wills that a smoker doesn't smoke, but He allows him to smoke." (this is quoted but translated). So it's like luke mentioned, God wills for all men to be righteous but they have a free will to choose. Now if you're talking about God's will occuring even if the person does otherwise, than that's different. For example, it could be God's will for a student to go to pharmacy school, but that person doesn't recognize it to be God's will, or decides to ignore God's will and go to dental school. That person gets accepted and stays there for a year before he realizes that this is not for him or that he is failing, and finally goes with God's will (pharmacy school). This where you can't go against God's will in that even if you decide to go will your own choices, it will just be harder for you when you could've just taken the easy way and went with His will.
  • thank You Guys ! Does God know the future ? How do you know what God's will is ? I asked God to help us in whatever ways id good for us ,but know we are in a sticky situation! I just feel like God doesnt have a will for me and has just left us on our own !
    But since u said that god has a will but he allows us to do what we want it makes more sence . :D

Luv Ya
    Mary
  • I'm glad all of our answers helped you. Of course God knows the future! you know God's will by developing a realtionship with Him and recognizing His voice (which sometimes means silencing your own). you deveop this relationship by prayer, reading the Holy Bible, reading spiritual book, listen to sermons, talking with your father of confession..etc. just getting to know God; kind of like you get to know your friends very well to the point where you can predict how they will handle certain situations or what would they do or say if they were with. Rabena ma3akee. please pray for me.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=1;threadid=3734;start=0#msg53292 date=1146093373]
    thank You Guys ! Does God know the future ? How do you know what God's will is ? I asked God to help us in whatever ways id good for us ,but know we are in a sticky situation! I just feel like God doesnt have a will for me and has just left us on our own !
    But since u said that god has a will but he allows us to do what we want it makes more sence . :D

Luv Ya
    Mary

you know god's will when he wants u to know it, because thats his will too..

GBU
    sandra