Faith

edited December 1969 in Non-Orthodox Inquiries
I am on my husband's sign-on as a guest. I have a call in to a Priest. I want to acknowledge my faith in God. I have been Episcopalian all my life, but want a better understanding of Coptic Christianity. I believe in one God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and I want to better be able to demonstrate my faith.

Comments

• God bless you in your search for the Truth, and in your desire to Worship God in the Fullness of Truth. If you have any questions regarding the Orthodox Faith as preserved and practised by the Coptic Orthodox Church, please feel free to ask.
  • Welcome AngloJohn,
    I pray that God may lead you to His Church.

I found it most benefitting about 10 years ago to have "information interviews" with hierarchs, clergy and laymen who know about Orthodoxy to be able to determine the right faith. I was orthodox by name then. It grows afterwards with practice and worship. So, we might be able to assist you better if you let us know your general location. If in the Southern US, I would recommend Bishop Youssef as a contact.

If not an option, Iqbal is the one having most knowledge about the faith on these forums, and we will try to assist in any way possible.
  • GOD BE WITH YOU!

and god never leave those who want to get near to him!

• May the true God bless you, and open your heart to the light of the truth. AngloJohn, God won't leave you or forsake you. He'll be knocking on the door of your heart, and open for him to accept the faith. God loves you. Ask God to show you himself, God never leaves himself without a witness. God Bless you, Guide you to the light of Christianity the light, and be with you.
    Pray for my weakness,

Yours in Christ,

Coptic Youth.
  • hey,
    if u want too.....
    there is a great website that has videos abt ppl who didn't know god, and what god did to make them closer!! so if u understand arabic then you should check it out! ;D

http://fatherzakaria.com/

and click on "aflaam" but it is written in arabic!

GBWU
    pray for me